[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

She laughed back, but then she took points off my chart for talking out. When she was addressing three students. No one else said anything for the rest of her lecture. 

The rest of the lecture, if you're interested, was this: "I could use the rock as a paperweight. I could use the rock as a doorstop. I could use the rock as a decoration or something. 

Just like this rock has different uses, there are different methods of resolving conflicts."

...So her job isn't to teach clearly, because A) I'm skeptical you guys learned anything new and B) She's definitely trying to encourage student engagement. I mean seriously, Cat  would loose points in this setting, but she does the same thing in college and gets participation points.

Not being allowed to do nothing? That's just stupid. Hang in there Jamie, you will be able to escape eventually.

Jean-luc's new game is interesting, but I'm afraid the constant penalties are going to dissuade others from playing. Jean-luc, do you mind if only like two people end up playing and we just win? Unless you're playing too, we don't really care enough to match that, but - I just see a game so full of negatives as burning people out quickly

I can't speak for the negatives, but the rules in of themselves are a little hard to digest. I have the feeling it's one of those games where more people will be comfortable playing once they see how the game is played.

I completely agree with Shield. The game has to be quick. We haven't been playing games lately, but if we do, quips are easier than trying to hold a 2-page rule-set in short term memory.

Good forum games have to strike a fine balance between complicated, creative, and quick. If the game is more creative, generally people are more willing to accept the slower speeds. If the game is too convoluted and not very creative, people won't play. If the game is too quick and not creative enough, the game will last for 5 seconds and burn out when everyone is bored with it.

[Cat] I had a really weird dream-paralysis experience this morning. I was dreaming about my parents having another kid (makes 0 sense) and then I started wondering if the baby had superpowers (???). After that, I started wondering if my brother and I had superpowers, and that's when I realized I was partially paralized.

I wanted to submit to the paralysis, so I tried the technique where you ignore your body parts one at a time. I started with my hands. "I don't need my hands" I thought, and the sensation in my hands evaporated within a couple seconds. For the first time, that actually worked!

I then moved onto feet and legs, but I felt a sting in my knees and realized my right leg was stacked ontop of my left leg. I separated both legs and started that part over. I felt like that detail was so specific, I have the feeling I was actually moving irl while basically dreaming and I was on my side and not my back.

Eventually, I was ready to let go of my "chest area". I felt numb all over, my vision turned light blue and white to my surprise, and I heard a loud auditory hallucination of what sounded like a car reving up to a high pitched screech.

"HERE WE GO!" I thought and I immediately woke up Ranger. He replied with "What?", and after a moment he tried to take the front. The hallucination scared both of us, and it hit a point where Ranger was trying to break out of the state. He then started having doubts that this state would help us switch, and I agreed with him.

Eventually Ranger woke up and opened his eyes, and the two of us talked to each other. I guess we were still dreaming because I heard weird sound effects and hallucinations like people cheering. Soon we were able to fully wake up, but that was definitely a weird experience.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you guys have to deal with scary loud noises? I have had some of the same noises during hypnagogia, but they are always less extreme then... whatever messy hypnopompic episode Ranger and I were doing.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

According to Bear, not since the first few months. Hypnagogic is really calm and as soft as mindvoice now. It's similar except for that quality of being real or super-real, and it doesn't do things like only in one ear or other oddities like car horns or radio static anymore. It ised to throw scary stuff too like alien faces or deformed people, but those were like once each. They worked daily to tame hypnagogic, and if the body isn't just dead tired, we can use it to at least talk about half the time. Maybe once out of ten do we get imposed images. The last one was Ashley and Misha last night, the one before that was me about a week ago. Since we get into a system-front mode, where no one claims front, the images and voices can be anyone, even Bear. Since he's switched out, he just experiences it like we do. It feels like us living it. Still, it can be spotty and clunky too.

Hypnagogia was one of the major doubt killers in the first year.

Loud scary noises during hypnopompia (waking-up, as opposed to hypnagogia falling-asleep) are stupid. I've never quite had sleep paralysis, but there's been one or two times where I heard a really loud noise before totally waking up that afterwards was pretty obviously only in my head, it's a ridiculous and pointless phenomenon and I'm really sorry some people experience it far more often than I have. If you're actually conscious/aware for it, I'm sure you could lessen how scary it is with knowledge of the phenomenon and knowing that it's nothing but nonsense sleep hallucinations, but if not (like when I've experienced it asleep-enough I wasn't thinking at all) it's just pointlessly stressful.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I tried to click on Ranger's blue "What" several times.

I've suddenly gotten a lot more hypnagogia but it's awful crap. I gave up on controlling it a while back and just throw a mental hissy fit until it cuts out. Gavin has been getting very good at tactile imposition, that's really what's most developed in my system, which is sad because people seem to undervalue it. It's more than your tulpa touching your body- the tulpa can touch objects in the room, or objects that aren't even real. The constant, tangible presence is just so cool. If I had to say, I would say Gavin has a form made of tactile input. Which doesn't act solid, liquid, or gas, and is only able to be 'seen' via abstract visualization. But it's not like having a vague visualization or like when Cassidy was young and faint. It's an incredibly presice thing, if I stick my hand (or my mind's eye-hand) into him, it's weird and fluxuating but it's stable. He used to only do that inside my physical head, and I wasn't really able to touch it back. So I guess I've gotten better, too. 

I just wish I could draw a picture of it, but how do you draw something that's purely tactile? -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread