Pleeb

[Game] Last one to post wins!

The transrant tumblr (a person named Salem) was wiped unfortunately

A lot of it is preserved on archive.org.

I started encountering self-identified genderqueer people when I started attending trans support groups in 2007. The concept was already solidly established, though when I went to a panel on the subject at a trans conference a couple of years later, about forty self-identified genderqueer people struggled to find a common definition of the term. So, typical subculture.

If someone has a nonbinary experience of their gender, they'll probably pull terms to describe it from wherever they can or just make them up, regardless of whether they are part of or understand the culture(s) with which the terms are most closely associated. I've known several white trans people who strongly resonated with the two-spirit concept.

In fact, I'm pretty sure people can have whatever identities they want, gender or otherwise, whether culturally appropriated or just bizarre. My ex-wife identifies as some sort of extradimensional horror vaguely resembling a sea anenome, or at least I think she still does. She changes sometimes. One of her partners identifies as an eldritch location and the unspeakable plant life therein. It gives one some perspective on the matter of merely identifying as agender when not active on tumblr. Sometimes you make your own boxes.

If someone actually identifies with a particular gender label, I don't see occassional behaviors that are stereotyped as not that label as sufficient grounds for challenging their use of that label. You can't know more of their heart than they show you.

-Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Unseelie Court, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. . .

. .

. .

. .

. .

it's because of surface tension

Why does surface tension affect those dots?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

I cut a round off the end of the straw and it floats, but I cut the straw lengthwise and took a sliver out, and both the sliver and the cut straw now sink? 

Why do things need a certain amount of liquid under them in order to float, if it's a matter of density? 

And why does shape matter at all, as far as floating is concerned (for an object with uniform weight distribution)? 

A wooden stick dropped straight down like an arrow sinks. A wooden stick thrown to land sideways, floats. This is Poohsticks game theory 101 but I don't... really understand why. -J

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. . .

. .

. .

. .

. .

it's because of surface tension

What? No, this stems from the basic rules of bouyancy which don't care about surface tension. A stick floats one way but not the other for the same reason boats float one way but not the other.

Stats for LOTPW

I don't get boats either. How is bouyancy different from density?

edit: 

250x191https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608354590244732958/653462013028335617/Capture_2019-12-08-23-04-33.png[/img]

edit:

ooooh it's like ballons but with other states of matter

250x119https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/608354590244732958/653462654916100126/Capture_2019-12-08-23-07-09.png[/img]

why don't boats pop back up after they sink then? And sticks and leaves too

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

bouyancy also cares about shape. a boat shaped thing floats better than a sphere shaped thing because the boat shaped thing has more area in contact with the water

I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Basically buoyancy exerts an upward force proportional to volume and gravity exerts a downward force proportional to mass. As a result, density (which is mass/volume) of the object relative to the density of the fluid (air, water, etc) determines whether it floats or sinks. Objects with less density float and ones with more density sink.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

but why does a stick float on its side but sink when it's pointed down?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

Just based on my own basic logic, a stick is hitting the water with one tiny point of impact and so going right through it, or meeting much more resistance by hitting it long-ways multiplying the resistance it meets there. As for why it doesn't float already-in the water, uhhhh, would a sideways submerged stick come back up while a vertical one wouldn't? If so, I can't explain that with basic logic

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.