Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Miri said:

Do you guys also look at your hands after a switch attempt (especially in the middle of the night) and they're completely distorted or deformed (and you're not dreaming)?

When I switch in, my hands look normal. I never had my reality distorted, but sometimes I would get the impression the world is suddenly brighter. However, I believe that has more to do with having my eyes closed from associating than it does with switching.

We may or may not feel dissociated during the switching process.

Cat and I usually always get fronting time every day, so I doubt either of us ever feel disconnected from the front enough to notice anything extreme. My headmate Moltosha was surprised to discover our phone changed since he was last awake, so that may be part of what Lumi is taking about.

[Cat] I don't usually feel weird when I switch back, but I had a moment where I needed to associate and doubted my switch back in June and recently I felt like the transition of me switching back wasn't smooth and I felt a "force" trying to pull me towards the back.

I can't promise I'll look at my hands in the middle of the night, but I'll think about it. Usually I'm stupid when I'm dreaming and never remember to do reality checks.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

we've never noticed hands specifically being strange, but sometimes even without switching everything looks weird

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

22 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Usually I'm stupid when I'm dreaming and never remember to do reality checks.

Lucid dreaming in a nutshell.

It's really trippy.

5th DLC character for Smash fighter pass was another Fire Emblem character...

but, they announced 6 more DLC characters in the works, at least

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I mean, Link was never advertised/announced as a new character like that.. Young Link and Toon Link, AND BotW rework link were all just included in the games' releases

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

[Cat]Also, last night, I don't know what the hell was happening. I kept waking up in the middle of the night and I couldn't tell you if it was me, Ranger, or something (someone?) else entirely. I have never felt more confused about who or what I am before.

Within twelve hours our second (unintentional) switch, we woke up three hours after going to bed, very badly blended and disoriented, with no sense of identity at all. That was the first of thirteen nights of very bad insomnia. I've never associated it with the switch itself before; just that we had been doing something like fifty hours of forcing in the past three days since stumbling across tulpamancy.

3 hours ago, Luminesce said:

It's pretty normal to have a few nights of confusion on who's switched in, once you guys have switched a bit, especially if someone goes to bed switched. But quickly thereafter we had a period of time where we could basically choose who would be switched in before completely waking up, in the not-quite-awake state, which was pretty interesting. It was basically like we were all in the tulpa state and anyone could choose to go take control of the body. Haven't had that in years now though, now it's just whoever went to bed switched automatically wakes up still switched.

On waking up in the middle of the night or in the morning, who wakes up switched in correlates well with who has spent a lot of time switched in the previous day, but poorly with who was switched in going to bed. Vesper and Iris are only willing to stay switched in if there is something they specifically want to do, so they will immediately switch out if they wake up switched in. Who is switched in is very clear though; the disorientation happened just the once.

Your system's lack of switching during sleep might readily be attributable to switching at intervals of weeks instead of from several times to a hundred times a day, as we do.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

11 minutes ago, Ember.Vesper said:

Your system's lack of switching during sleep might readily be attributable to switching at intervals of weeks instead of from several times to a hundred times a day, as we do.

Absolutely, lol. But I assure you at this point, even if we switched between all five of us twice throughout the day for a week straight, whoever went to bed switched would be the one to wake up. Not because that's "just how we are" or anything per se, just because of the years of experience. Early on having been different shows it was a possibility, but there's a lot of stability to our switches now, even in the rare times where we do switch ~3 times in 2 days.