[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

i wonder how many dreams i've had, that i instantly forgot. like i spend at least an hour or two each night intermittently dreaming, i forget almost all of it unless i am woken up or something, so how much does that add up to total?

you can kinda tell you've been dreaming because you feel weird when you wake up, especially like you've been deep in thought about something but have now forgot about it, like when you forget what you were talking about 10 seconds ago...

just me? or is this normal?

Edited by aubreyshield

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's normal, the large majority of humans forget basically a third of their experiences because they're unconscious for them, and because the brain does its best to delete memory of those experiences upon waking up.

Though I think they still affect you subconsciously, even when forgotten.

Edited by Tewi

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

i used to remember a lot more, but now i only remember that i had a dream, maybe one specific scene, but out of hours of dreaming, that's nothing really. definitely not 2/3. not even close!..

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

No no, by 1/3 I meant one third of your entire life. That's stretching it since not all sleep time is dream time, but the concept remains the same, people only remember the waking 2/3s of their lives and rarely the some-roughly-25%-fraction.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

do you think consistent sleep schedules can increase the amount of time spent dreaming, or decrease, or have no effect?

[the outdated lore]

Well, I don't believe an inconsistent sleep schedule reduces time spent dreaming. However, waking up at the same time every day is known to increase dream recall ability. Having a structured sleep schedule (falling asleep around the same time, along with waking up around the same time) also makes it easier to practice lucid dream induction techniques. 

Sleeping in means more time is spent in REM sleep, both because you're literally sleeping more and because the longer you sleep, the larger percent of your time asleep is in REM as opposed to deep sleep/NREM - but, it's usually a lot harder to remember your dreams when you sleep in, just from lack of discipline. Anyways, a consistent sleep schedule is a common recommendation for working on dream recall and lucid dreaming just in general.

16 hours awake, 8 hours asleep. Again though,

3 hours ago, Tewi said:

No no, by 1/3 I meant one third of your entire life. That's stretching it since not all sleep time is dream time, but the concept remains the same, people only remember the waking 2/3s of their lives and rarely the some-roughly-25%-fraction.

..... I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, and you're going to feel very silly when you get it.

Humans are only conscious for 2/3 of their lives, unconscious for the other 1/3. I know some people only sleep like 7 hours and some sleep 9, but the natural human schedule is 16 awake, 8 asleep. That's just kind of how humans work so I don't have a citation for it, but surely you could look up more scientific sources for how long humans sleep, if that's what you were talking about. But it sounded more like you thought I was talking about "The percentage of experience humans actually remember (while awake)", which while an extremely interesting statistic, would indeed be very difficult to actually measure.

Edited by Tewi