[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Haven't even seen the full anime yet, just a few episodes, clips and wiki stuff, but I already love it.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I disagree. if every day was better than the previous then I would be able to enjoy each day without worrying about the future, also, I can be exited for future days while still being happy about present ones. and I think that I am able to enjoy a cheeseburger just as well regardless of how many bones I've broken

Yeah, the first part was an actual question/pondering. The second part is true, though. May not be your bones, but your food is certainly relevant. A cheeseburger every day versus a cheeseburger once a year definitely changes how much you enjoy it. Speaking from experience, since I love In-N-Out and used to eat it a lot as a kid, but moved away from any and now only get it very rarely, but I'm always excited when I do. Just as a lame yet literal example, lol. Other observable examples are like having tons of spending money - good for a while, but when you grow up rich, you know it's harder to appreciate things - as opposed to a poor kid who saves up money to buy, say, a couple booster packs of trading cards and appreciates them highly.

Actually a pretty simple concept. Huge implications, though, makes me think about what exactly I'd want out of life and what would be "enough" if anything, which for me loops back towards the concept of being okay with what you have in life as opposed to being stressed/feeling "incomplete" for not having what you want, and what're healthy wants/goals versus ego/attachment ones. You know, the fun stuff to think about

(... only half sarcasm, for me at least)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I have an east coast friend who tried it and said it was nothing special, but then, he thinks White Castle has some of the best burgers he's ever had, which I have had, and they were some of the most plain, tasteless burgers I've ever had in my life

In-N-Out is known for its extremely vocal fans, so it might be overhyped, but I mean... I've had a lot of burgers and In-N-Out's just taste the best. As long as you get their signature sauce anyway, said friend got a burger without it at first and when I got mad at him for saying it was bad after he got another with and still said it was whatever, but I think he's just super stubborn.

Not that everyone will like In-N-Out, y'know, but I think it's pretty standout at least

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

White Castle isn't fancy...

Few others that are very widely known though, Five Guys (new contender on the block, very greasy but otherwise good tasting burgers), Jack In The Box, Carls Jr. (or.. Hardee's?? in the Eastern US??) which is also very greasy but pretty good, Wendy's probably the biggest contender after BK/McD although I know a lot of people, including myself, who think it tends to be kind of disgusting for seemingly no reason... probably missing one or two but whatever. KFC is the other big one I'd say, but honestly it's not really fast food and they don't do burgers so I dunno if it counts.

Panda Express is all that matters though, been eating their orange chicken since I was a kid too and unlike In-N-Out I actually have access to it here lol

Oh yeah, I know those minus Jack In The Box and Carls Jr.  Maybe Taco Bell and Domino's too, idk what else.

1 hour ago, Luminesce said:

May not be your bones, but your food is certainly relevant. A cheeseburger every day versus a cheeseburger once a year definitely changes how much you enjoy it. Speaking from experience, since I love In-N-Out and used to eat it a lot as a kid, but moved away from any and now only get it very rarely, but I'm always excited when I do. Just as a lame yet literal example, lol. Other observable examples are like having tons of spending money - good for a while, but when you grow up rich, you know it's harder to appreciate things - as opposed to a poor kid who saves up money to buy, say, a couple booster packs of trading cards and appreciates them highly.

I think that with food, it's not bad food that make good food better, but variety that makes good food easier too appreciate. if I had a cheeseburger every day then I would probably get bored with it, but if I had a cheeseburger once a year, I think that would still like that cheeseburger the same amount regardless of the other food that I eat unless that other food is really similar to a cheeseburger. and for the money thing, more money does make people happier, to a point. after however high of an annual salary (I can't remember the exact figure) money stops having any correlation with happiness. also, when a poor person gets a lot of money all at once, they tend to and up just as poor as they were in the beginning and less happy

1 hour ago, Luminesce said:

Actually a pretty simple concept. Huge implications, though, makes me think about what exactly I'd want out of life and what would be "enough" if anything, which for me loops back towards the concept of being okay with what you have in life as opposed to being stressed/feeling "incomplete" for not having what you want, and what're healthy wants/goals versus ego/attachment ones. You know, the fun stuff to think about

(... only half sarcasm, for me at least)

I think it's good to occasionally step back and ask yourself why you are doing anything that you are doing and why you want anything that you want. it can be easy to end up doing something past the point of it actually being beneficial without the proper amount of self reflection

1 hour ago, Matsuri said:

If we visit America, it seems like In-N-Out is a must try because of how positively people speak about it.

I've never actually been to in-n-out. what's so special about it

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

20 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I've never actually been to in-n-out. what's so special about it

The sauce tastes good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's simultaneously not that big of a deal, and also the difference in not minding where you get a burger vs preferring In-N-Out over literally anywhere else, every single time. I would never be like "I'm tired of In-N-Out, maybe I'll have Burger King instead". Only problem aside from fewer locations is In-N-Out might be a little more expensive and, most importantly, tends to have wait times because so many people go there. At least where I'm at, there's never not lines, drive through or not. But of all the places I've eaten, including Five Guys, there's nowhere I'd ever choose to eat at in place of In-N-Out (wait times excluded) except maybe Carls Jr. after a long time, because they've got a little variety that as far as I know Jack In The Box and Five Guys don't have. Carls Jr. is so greasy it can actually make me feel like crap later in the day though, it's pretty impressive