Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Samb said:

Speaking of personality, I see some how-to guides talk about choosing a personality and some don't. Is it normal to choose your tulpa's personality, like if I wanted kindness, even tempered, and heroic, would it be okay to try to foster those? How would I do that because one guide talks about feeding your tulpa balls of light and that's really only symbolic. I'd like a procedure or technique that is less symbolic?

Our preferred methods of going about tulpamancy basically require no guides or "techniques", let alone symbolism. Quite literally, all we believe you need is to intend for your tulpa to exist, talk to them and intend to be hearing them respond. Everything is optional - try stuff out and see what works for you - but in the end we've never personally cared for any guides or "techniques". And suffice to say that symbolism like "feeding" your tulpa anything is far out the window for us.

But I think "just doing the basics, not following guides and just getting lots of general advice" is itself one of infinitely many paths you can take. But yeah, our recommendation would be exactly what you're doing, assuming you don't have the patience to peruse the entire history of Tulpa.info's Q&A and General Discussion boards. Just ask about lots of stuff and get lots of answers, and then try it out for yourself. Do whatever you think sounds good, and if it doesn't work, try something else. Though there's something to be said for sticking to a method, we've seen too many cases of people getting stuck without progress for over a year to recommend that in good faith.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Er, sometimes. I was not specifically green smoke, but I was just vaguely green in presence, in a smokey sort of way. I had no form for a very long time: wonderlands and mindforms were both concept we didn't have before we found out about tulpamancy. I existed as a voice without a visual/spatial component. I did not have a form for about a year after I came back, but I took one up around the time I converted to Christianity. 

I know, I didn't expect that part either. 

I look pretty generic white teen guy. Light skin, brown hair, brown eyes. Both me and my brothers sadly didn't get cool anime forms, but there is the benefit that we really do all look like brothers. Big doe eyes, a certain cut to our jawlines, something in our eyebrows and body proportions I can't quite place. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

2 hours ago, Tewi said:

The only question is whether one wants the experience of having tulpas or not. "Real" and "Fake" experiences do not exist.

This actually answers a lot of questions for me.

Do you count experiences as scientific evidence?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis

I was thinking that fields such as cognitive science have issues with repeatability. This practice you are doing seems similar to cog-sci to me. This is my favorite field of study. It's both amazing what the mind can do and frustrating how un-reproducible it is for some.

(edited)

Uhh, scientific evidence of what? Maybe in the fields of study that deal with.. people's experiences, like psychology?

We tend to avoid talking about tulpamancy in relation to science, the short answer is it's rarely applicable. Our system has tons of experience, primarily from reading others' experiences on the forum for the last ~7 years, and hopefully our advice should be very reliable... But, there's not much scientific about it. We do have some surveys as part of our knowledge base, but honestly we tend not to treat even surveys as some scientific fact. They're widely somewhat biased by what communities take the survey and how questions are phrased, et cetera.

But like, that's all the best information we can get in tulpamancy. Calling it a "soft science" is still going too far, it's all very unprofessional. I think I actually prefer keeping tulpamancy non-scientific even. Surveys and all are great, but I can't see any hardcore brain scan-like research particularly improving the tulpa-creating or having experience for most people. It's basically for the scientific community, because we're interesting to them, but it's not really as helpful for us casually, I think. Not that I'm against scientific research on tulpas, but we ourselves aren't super interested. 

Edited by Tewi

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas