[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

i always feel like i'm killing the mood when i talk about how i get lucid dreams fairly often, and i find them quite unremarkable, and don't understand why someone would so desperately want one

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because they feel as real as real life, and you can do whatever you want. Who wouldn't want a hyper realistic free virtual reality for their own use

hyper realistic? not really

wonderlanding is basically just awake lucid dreaming, but of course everyone can already do it, so it isn't special, so nobody cares about it ;-;

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

lol what, wonderlanding feels nothing like a lucid dream, unless you have extremely lifelike visualization skills

Given how much effort seems to go into lucid dreaming, it does seem like imposition practice is a better use of our time. But the fact of the matter is, you're going to have dreams regardless of whether or not you go lucid. Unless you're saying the control makes them less interesting, I don't know why you wouldn't want the ability to lucid dream every night

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

1 hour ago, Mirichu said:

lol what, wonderlanding feels nothing like a lucid dream, unless you have extremely lifelike visualization skills

There's plenty of vivid daydreamers (like Mistgod) who say their visualization is literally lifelike. There's even some heretics who say their visualization is "better than lucid dreaming", but they just have crappy lucid dreams.

Also, I envy people who are so content with life that lucid dreaming isn't appealing to them.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

like reading a book or watching a movie, once you get 'in the zone' with wonderlanding, it becomes quite immersive and satisfying

lucid dreaming is basically completely realistic. but flying and stuff? it's little more than a novelty, really

i bet if i didn't ever get lucid dreams i'd be like you (mirichu etc.), going 'how could anyone not want lucid dreams?'... when you've got them by default you take them for granted and even view them as something negative.

i feel scared talking about this around you lumi, i must admit. i know you won't bite me but i feel like you will

Edited by aubreyshield

[the outdated lore]

1 minute ago, Mirichu said:

But do you get bored of normal dreams?

I never get bored of my dreams, even though I've had dreams that were literally boredom - the greatest worst dream I ever had consisted entirely of waiting in line for a ride at Disneyland, ending when I got to the top of a spiral staircase leading to it. The dream was pretty vivid and I actually slowly progressed through the line and everything, lol. Luckily, most of my dreams tend to be at least somewhat interesting, and I appreciate them a lot. Lucilyn highly appreciates her dreams.

But, there are quite a few people who find their dreams incredibly boring. Some of them have interesting dreams they just don't care about, and others just have actually-boring dreams. It happens.

7 minutes ago, aubreyshield said:

i feel scared talking about this around you lumi, i must admit. i know you won't bite me but i feel like you will

If only you were the first, second, fifth, or twentieth time I'd seen someone say these things, maybe. As early as a couple years ago we still got pretty salty when people talked about having lucid dreams and not appreciating them, but I think I'm mostly desensitized now. Plus, it's generally healthy to not care too much about dreams, since they're not real after all.

But you know, they are real experiences for what they are, can totally be enjoyed. They're just not physically real. And you know what else isn't physically real? The people I love most, and so lucid dreaming remains my lifelong goal

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

2 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

And you know what else isn't physically real? The people I love most, and so lucid dreaming remains my lifelong goal

wow that was pretty powerful ngl