Pleeb

[Game] Last one to post wins!

Of course I remember!  I only forget things when it's convenient.  Any time I run out of money, I go out into the woods.  There's a tree, gnarled, old... I start digging with my bare hands.  I dig and dig and dig.  The unforgiving earth tears at my skin.  But then, my eyes catch a glint of light.  I grin, wild-eyed and manic, as I scoop up my prize.  I cradle the gold to my chest, as though I was protecting a newborn infant.  I quickly replace the earth I disturbed, scattering leaves to hide the evidence that I had ever been there.  I run to the nearest pawn shop.  As always, the pawn shop owner avoids eye contact with me any time I come in.  I take the money and--

Oh, that's right, I don't have a wallet to put this money in.  Maybe I should just open a bank account.

Heya~!  I'm Kokichi, from video game.

My system: Host Ghostly, Adelaide, Reiji, Chimera, and my big brother Osomatsu!

I thought that the whole reason why you did this is because you don't trust the banks. if you have a bank account then what is the point of burying gold?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I might have thought that before, but now I'm covered in dirt and I'm tired and questioning my life decisions.

Heya~!  I'm Kokichi, from video game.

My system: Host Ghostly, Adelaide, Reiji, Chimera, and my big brother Osomatsu!

Posted (edited)

I just learned about why english dubs of japanese animes often seem so weird. 50% because the voice actors are told to match exactly how the Japanese lines were given, which makes it sound dumb/unnatural, and 50% because... Japan's just different, and things like Naruto's "Believe it!" or internal motivational monologues or just general weird lines make much more sense in Japan. Someone who watched My Hero Academia in english first and then in japanese realized when the main character was giving internal monologues about believing in himself in English he was like "Yeah yeah okay, get over yourself" whereas in Japanese it felt more natural/believable.

I'm just going to say that sounds right, because I refuse to watch anything dubbed - except Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. Partially because of my childhood bias, and 100% because the voice actors in Japanese don't fit the characters at all what the HECK

(but seriously, Goku's Japanese voice? What were they thinking? And other characters like Vegeta just sound so generic, it's sad. Same for Naruto characters, english cast just had too much personality)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

And then there's the ones that don't make sense no matter which version you're watching.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Not all anime dubs have the "match exactly how the japanese voice actor said it" rule. And like I said, sometimes the dubs are just better, but it's pretty rare I think.

I'm by no means a "only watch subs, dubs are evil" person. I think most dubs are kinda awful, but it's definitely viewer's choice on which they prefer (and sometimes dub is necessary, ie for paying half attention)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

10 hours ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Hm... somebody I don't know telling me I was going to give them money for a reason I do not know...  Yup, that's probably it!

870572686_dealsaredealsaredeals.thumb.png.8671fada613c57366384a625d6a0a16a.png

I'm Uncannyfellow's tulpa. I share his head with my sister Cornelia

[Our PR] [Break dem Rules]

3 hours ago, Luminesce said:

sometimes dub is necessary

yeah, sometimes it is just too difficult to get your hands on the subbed version, like with cory in the house

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me