Pleeb

[Game] Last one to post wins!

3 hours ago, TB said:

Oh, thank you for hoping I feel better. I don't know if I've ever heard of sympathy for someone with a hangover, lol. Unfortunately no I haven't drank any water. I just don't feel like consuming anything. However I did take a big nap and that's helped it a good bit.

Reiji: Ah, is it that unusual to express that kind of sentiment over a hangover?  Maybe it's just that I tend to fret over health a lot.  My host thinks me to be "doting."  I recommended water because hangover symptoms tend to be caused in part by dehydration.  I understand having a weak stomach, though.  It's been a long time since our host has had a hangover, so I had forgotten about the nausea.

I don't believe that caffeine is entirely bad.  But if it's being used for chronic issues rather than occasional tiredness, that means those deeper issues are being overlooked.  Our host used to drink a cup a day, nothing terribly extreme, but she also had a great deal of stomach issues.  There were several things she found that was bothering her, caffeine being one of them.  Aside from enjoying the occasional green tea, we don't consume any sort of caffeine now.  

I've actually seen some interesting research regarding the connection of digestive health to overall well-being, physical and mental.  There's a great deal of bacteria, helpful ones, that live in our gut, and fostering their health has been linked to manners of benefits.  The standard American diet, which amusingly enough is referred to by the acronym, "SAD," tends to do a great deal of harm to these microorganisms.  The over prescribing of antibiotics can also contribute.  A person's gut flora can recover given dietary changes, though.  A few weeks ago, our host had been drinking kefir (fermented milk), but then she stopped.  Then our system experienced digestive problems along with a horrible downturn in our mood.  We decided to start drinking the kefir again, and it seems that we're feeling much more stable and clear of mind.  Granted, there could be other factors at play, given the complexities of health and mood.  But I do think there's a good case here for "food as medicine."  

Heya~!  I'm Kokichi, from video game.

My system: Host Ghostly, Adelaide, Reiji, Chimera, and my big brother Osomatsu!

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I don't really remember what was wrong with the account switcher anymore, other than it was so difficult to access it was literally faster to log out and back in manually. Which, is what we do - we haven't used the account switcher in 2020.

We actually still use it, and it was faster for us because everything would break with the old account switcher. It's less convenient than the old set up on myBB (when it did work for us anyway).

We also utilize the post account switcher far more than the general one. We switch to the main one when we suspect I, Cat, or my other headmates will be more active.

I think the reason you guys didn't use it was because the account switcher doesn't keep track of who logged in accurately.

[Cat] Caffeine is a hit or miss for me. It's either really helpful for when I need to focus and sometimes it does nothing at all and instead it makes me more wired and anxious. I only use caffeine when I believe I need it.

23 minutes ago, Bear said:

So, the switcher logs me out if I tab out for too long using Chrome at least on mobile.

[Ranger] The account switcher tends to reset to whoever logged in originally after a long period of time, and I have no idea if this happens on Firefox too. On mobile my phone just gives up and logs me out completely, even though I left the incognito tab all alone and did nothing to it.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay!

You made a typo there, Bre.

Despite this being a healthier than average day in terms of physical activity and lack of screen time/sitting for me, I have a headache anyways. Might have been from the grilled cheeses and chocolate I ate, but I eat those particular things every week and they definitely don't consistently give me a headache, so I'm going to blame push-ups and the heat for contributing. (I'm drinking plenty of water)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

The only coffee I could stand was iced which is basically a coffee shake. Otherwise never. I would go with my friend and talk in coffee shops. Then I'd basically not need any sleep for a while. It's not fun because I have an extremely slow caffeine decomposition. The same was true for the numming agents they use to give you stitches. It was literally numb for 5 days, then slowly regained feeling. That's been consistent, and they don't know how it's possible. I also have zero histamine response, but I don't know if it's related.

Posted (edited)

to me, coffee tastes like how I imagine some horrible dirty liquid from the road on a hot day would taste. adding cream and sugar didn't make it any better either

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

We had another fun day, and the weekend is finally a little easier than it used to be. We get more sleep, yay!

"Even a soul submerged in sleep
is hard at work and helps
make something of the world." 

- Heraclitus (an actual ancient greek)