• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess a better way to put it is to compare your drawings to the other persons drawings, do not compare your actual being to them as an actual person, and start thinking you are inferior to them. If you separate your own sense of self worth from your drawings, it's just a simple act of discovery.

"Why does their drawing seem to communicate so much information and mine seems bland and meaningless? Oh, they use a lot of interesting shapes. Is it something to do with shape language? I wasn't even thinking about that in my drawing. Their drawing had a plan that mine lacked. I should figure out how to implement that and see what happens!"

I just suck at doing it though because I've thoroughly trained myself to do everything the wrong way lol, though I"m working on it, and have made some progress.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

All I can say is Misha and I weren't going to stop until we had a technique and style we liked that was at least pro enough to be on the same level as the drawn references we found. So that set the bar. We simply weren't going to stop until we had it. It's incredibly hard and draining and I personally feel like I'm going to fail and there's all kinds of intrusive thoughts but that's all normal, and they haven't affected me since 2018. I drew a ton of faces in 2018 before my first picture of Misha and I threw most of them out. 

The results were pleasantly surprising. It's way easier now but for example, my self portrait took four hours one morning. SheShe took 60 hours over the course of three weeks. Most of that time, maybe over half, was spent on the face alone. Who cares what a bear looks like, a beautiful face, in my opinion is remarkably hard. @ClianthaMiura among other artists who timelapse make that look really easy. It's not at all easy for us. The timelapse for what we did would be very hard to watch.

25 minutes ago, Bear said:

@ClianthaMiura among other artists who timelapse make that look really easy.

Everything looks easy when it's sped up x16 lol. But drawing L's face has always been easy for me because most of it is hidden and I only need to do half of it, so that's kinda cheating anyway.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

It's kinda funny sometimes 'cause when writing in Finnish we often type it out like you'd pronounce it, as "äl", and when we're talking about something of his it becomes "ällän" and sometimes someone makes a typo that makes it "ällön", and ällö means stuff like yucky, disgusting, gross, etc. Idk I think it's funny lol

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

49 minutes ago, Bear said:

Who cares what a bear looks like

I do, I really like your bear very much. He's all like, "hey, what's up" it brings me much pleasure

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko