[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

2 minutes ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

“Perfection is not real. Perfection is not human. Carlos is not perfect- no, even better- he is imperfect. Everything about him, and us, and all of this is imperfect. And those imperfections in our reality are the seams and cracks into which our outsized love can seep and pool.” 
― Cecil Palmer, Welcome to Night Vale

Night Vale's a good show.  I need to get around to catching up with some of the newer episodes.

[SheShe] Beautiful! Thank you. 

[Misha] ❤😁  

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someday I will make something perfect, and then I will put it in a box and dig a hole and bury it and then forget the coordinates so that nobody will ever see it again because if someone saw it then it would stop being perfect

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

if I smashed it with a hammer then it wouldn't be perfect anymore, and it would become only temporary. I want my perfect creation to be preserved for a very long time, but I don't want anyone to see it

-Me

I volunteer to be the sole external observer to verify its perfection, I believe my life philosophy and ideology qualify me to do so without ruining its perfection

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

you wouldn't understand it. it won't be in a language that you speak, and it will require a lot of external context to appreciate it. verifying it's perfection would probably be a much more intensive task than you realize

Edited by Breloomancer

-Me

Night Vale was really good for a long time, then it got hit with that seasonal rot. I haven't kept up with it, but it should have died right around Hiram McDaniels, Literal Five-Headed Dragon. I listened to a good deal of the Egemony arc and it was just.... ham-fisted, seasonal rot-style, lost the charm. Also, upon re-listening to some of it, I don't know, it's probably something that's changed in me, but listening to Cecil drone on about how HAWT Carlos is got old. When I first listened, I went between giggling and reveling in the romantic descriptions of Carlos's luscious, beautiful hair and etc etc.

For the unaware, it's sort of a humor thing as well, because the main "character"/narrator, Cecil the radio show host, is never given any description whatsoever. It's even part of his lore that his mother told him to NEVER, EVER look into a mirror, as well as other in-canon nods to the fact that they don't describe what Cecil looks like. But Cecil goes into endless description about the hot scientist in town, Carlos. 

The problem with trying to keep a mysterious aura is, the longer you keep talking, eventually things start getting less mysterious, not more- no matter how wacky or unpredictable you try to be. 

Highly recommend the first season of Within the Wires, though. I.... also didn't really care for the different framing in the next part of the series, either... The first part of the story is in a set of relaxation tapes that the subject listens to, which have messages hidden inside them teaching the subject (aka you, the listener) how to escape the building they're in and what to do once they're out. The second series is.... commentary of art pieces, like if you went to a museum and they had self-guided audio tours? With messages snuck in of course. 

I actually bought the first Night Vale audio book. It was okay. It wasn't really higher quality than the show, although it had a different main character. 

There's another series, too, Alice isn't Dead, which I've heard good things about and tried listening to back when it was airing, but it was legitimately too scary for me, at least, me a few years ago. You can't really "look away" from sounds like you can avert your eyes if a scene in a movie is just a bit too much. 

I think my favorite arc was when, entering the spoiler zone, don't read if you don't want surprises spoiled about later seasons of Night Vale: 

Spoiler

There's this whole other "dimension" of people living in a version of Night Vale where "The Sun went away."  Just, one day, it became cold and dark. And there's long descriptions of how, over the months, the crops all fail, and people suffer and starve, and they hear this endless THUNDER. 

Later on, it's revealed that these are teeny tiny people, and the Night Vale bowling alley was built on top of the city, hence the thunder (bowling balls) and the darkness. The way the whole reveal was done, it was a surprise to me- although I bet more astute people were probably predicting something like that. 

It was a good use of scale. You get used to these giant, monstrous, god-like entities in Night Vale, but then, they managed to make the everyday townsfolk into that monstrous god-like entity. It reminds me, if you ever had to kill an ant hill or something like that, and thought to yourself what it was like, for that little society, the little world of the anthill. 

Man, I haven't thought about Night Vale in forever. They have a really good Twitter, I wonder what it's like in pandemic times now. 

welcome to night vale wtnv night vale twitter night vale podcast ...

Thought this one sounded like Bre for some reason: 

More Night Vale Tweets ((part 2.)) | Welcome to Night Vale Amino

Hell, this one too, but I need to go to bed: 

welcome-to-nightvale-quote - Critical Shots

Edited by JGC

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

@JGC That's fair.  For creators, i imagine it must be difficult handling longer works while keeping things interesting.  I get the sense we want different things from our podcasts, though.  Personally for me it's the themes that draw me in more than the mystery.  Although a lot of what I'm going off of are host's memories, and we haven't had a chance to re-listen to it together, so maybe my opinion isn't as nuanced as it could be.

Ghostly: I tend to listen to more comedic podcasts.  I listen to some of them with my mom and she prefers those too, mainly Night Vale and The Thrilling Adventure Hour.  I had tried listening to some of the ones you recommended with her back when they first came out and she wasn't really as interested.  I guess her lack of interest affected me.  As much as I want to just like what I like and be open to things, I get really thrown off by people's opinions.  I'd like to expand my horizons a bit and try different genres and see how me and the others would react, like how we all rate on the baby scale when it comes to horror, haha.  I know horror games are a big nope for me, but games have this feeling of personal involvement that movies and shows don't.  But I already have a hefty backlog of podcasts I want to listen to along with all movies, games, books, etc. I want to get into.  And the stuff I feel mildly obligated to get into because I probably take people's recommendations too seriously.

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera