• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks. Also I guess things are a little better now. I don't think anything bad is going to happen. My dad dug through the trash to find my stuff, and I begrudgingly bought her another gallon of chocolate milk just to get her off my back. I'm still very mad, but I don't think anything extremely unfortunate is going to happen soon. It is strange how stuff like this happens a lot then just goes back to "normal". Same thing with my friend. He has a similar problem that I do. His mom's boyfriend smokes crack, and they get into huge arguments that turn violent, but then the next day he acts like nothing happened. Ugh.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I see

I guess so. When she isn't screaming or whining or insulting people and just generally being a totally awful human being, she likes to sometimes act very nice and like she's your best friend. My dad is easily manipulable so I guess he falls for it and forgives her everytime. I don't know, and know all her kindness is fake.

When my mom was alive, she use to always say he has a sticker that says "sucker" stuck to his forehead. She was right. I miss her. She had substance abuse issues, but she wasn't abusive and was very loving  genuinely.

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Me too.

https://www.dhammatalks.org/suttas/MN/MN20.html

This sutta is pretty helpful right now. I need to remember its teachings and practice it diligently.

Also yes, you know it is a real buddha quote when he repeats himself like 50 times, lol.

1 hour ago, aubreyshield said:

practice meditation

Also that. Yesterday was my first day back to serious meditation practice, and it was really good. So much so I was motivated to writing a new post in my thread. I hadn't gotten around to it yet, though. Really need to not allow myself to get my consistency tripped up again, because months of consistent and strong meditation practice is worth more than the whole world. It is silly of me to find myself occasionally stopping, but I guess it is in some people's nature to not be good at being fully consistent, and withdrawals that have you bedridden really wasn't an easy thing to overcome. If I was tough enough, I should have meditated anyway, it would have been good insight into suffering. But I'm a big baby lol, though  that's alright.

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Inability to keep trying consistently over long periods of time is the main thing I cite as having prevented me from succeeding at lucid dreaming for 10 years.

Oh yeah, right now even. Supposed to be waking up in the night to take the pills but it's just not on my mind "while I sleep", because man I'm bad at this

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh, TB, sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear about your home situation.  It's good you're getting back into meditating, though.  In tough situations, being compassionate towards yourself is so important.

17 minutes ago, TB said:

But I'm a big baby lol

Ghostly: I too... am baby.

In all seriousness, I've hit stumbling blocks with habits I've tried to form too.  I think the important thing is to be gentle towards yourself when that sort of thing happens.  I remember when I had stopped doing my kanji flashcards for a while and when I came back to them they were so difficult because it had been a while.  I'd get so frustrated when I would take forever to try and remember the keywords only to get them wrong.  Then Kokichi suggested going back to the book and relearning them a few at a time in the order I learned them, and he'd reassure me any time I made a mistake.  That worked so much better.

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera

6 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Inability to keep trying consistently over long periods of time is the main thing I cite as having prevented me from succeeding at lucid dreaming for 10 years.

Oh yeah, right now even. Supposed to be waking up in the night to take the pills but it's just not on my mind "while I sleep", because man I'm bad at this

Yeah. It is a big reason I'm probably not at a much more advanced stage than I currently am.

Also my heart goes out to you. I wish you best of luck. I know that probably doesn't mean or help much, but I know the pain of being short of a dream (no pun intended) and struggling to reach it. I want to see everyone succeed at their goals, not just me.

6 minutes ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

Oh, TB, sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear about your home situation.  It's good you're getting back into meditating, though.  In tough situations, being compassionate towards yourself is so important.

Thank you for your kindness. Also I'm sorry for my all caps explosion earlier, I don't like using bad language. I was saying much worse thing in real life, and I feel ashamed.

7 minutes ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

Ghostly: I too... am baby.

In all seriousness, I've hit stumbling blocks with habits I've tried to form too.  I think the important thing is to be gentle towards yourself when that sort of thing happens.  I remember when I had stopped doing my kanji flashcards for a while and when I came back to them they were so difficult because it had been a while.  I'd get so frustrated when I would take forever to try and remember the keywords only to get them wrong.  Then Kokichi suggested going back to the book and relearning them a few at a time in the order I learned them, and he'd reassure me any time I made a mistake.  That worked so much better.

Kanji flashcards. Are yo using Heisig? I was trapped in Heisig Hell for so many years lol. I somehow finally managed to finish both book 1 and 3 eventually though. I wish you best of luck. It makes learning new words so much easier.

Speaking of Japanese.... Agh, I sentenced mined like 30+ sentences the other day and put them in Anki, and have forgotten about it. Oops.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

keeping up habits is hard. I try to find a time where I will just about always be free, and then make sure to always do the thing that I am trying to get into the habit of doing at that time, no matter how much I don't want to. the problem is, when I really can't do it at that time, then it becomes easy to just not do it that day, and then it becomes even harder to do it the next day

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me