[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Some things are hard to get over, some things are hard to do, so if you don't then what? You forgive yourself and get over what you can and do what you can. Maybe you can get over it later, maybe you can do it later, if not, don't blame yourself. I've overcome a lot, still there's always more, so if I keep chasing that, before I allow myself to be happy then when do I ever get to live? If all I do is fight, there's no time to play or relax. Let yourself be judged on what you consciously choose to do, not what you don't choose or can't do right now. There's nothing I can say to anyone specifically, but I can say to myself, it's okay, you did your best, and that's enough for now.

Even someone who works diligently, practices what he preaches, never offends and is always kind, still has a shadow. Even saints have shadows. Darlene said, what is light without shadow? I say, without fear there is no triumph over fear, without doubt there is no reason to find truth. Be peaceful in a tempest, be joyful at a funeral, and laugh during a tragedy, because there's always a tempest brewing, there's always a funeral, and life itself is tragedy. Be a little selfish, and give others what they don't think they need.

Life is a game, flame as you will, but this is my truth, and no doubt can persuade me otherwise. So above all have fun. What kind of a game isn't fun? No game I'd want to play anyway. Fun can be had with bleached bones and dust, even death can't take that away.

This is the way of the bear.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TB said:

Thank you for your kindness. Also I'm sorry for my all caps explosion earlier, I don't like using bad language. I was saying much worse thing in real life, and I feel ashamed.

You're alright!  I have no problem with cusses, swears, or salty language.  I understand things that are said out of anger can feel strange and uncomfortable once your feelings change.  But if that's the way you needed to express yourself at that moment in time I'm okay with it.

Ghostly: I use some pretty colorful language when I get mad too.  I have some journals I'm too embarrassed to look through because of it.

2 hours ago, TB said:

Kanji flashcards. Are yo using Heisig? I was trapped in Heisig Hell for so many years lol. I somehow finally managed to finish both book 1 and 3 eventually though. I wish you best of luck. It makes learning new words so much easier.

Speaking of Japanese.... Agh, I sentenced mined like 30+ sentences the other day and put them in Anki, and have forgotten about it. Oops.

Ghostly: Yup!  I've been slowly working my way through.  It's been years for me, too.  I'm better about keeping up with reviews than actually adding new cards. I think I'm over 2/3rds of the way through book 1 at this point? I did find a website where people have contributed their own stories, which helps me when my creativity fails me.  I have some sentences too, though I'm a bit limited by what kanji I know.

Our host used to be pretty good about regularly drawing and exercising, along with the Japanese study.  Perfectionist that she is, she took that concept of daily practice pretty seriously.  But she also took her failures pretty seriously, so when she stopped she really stopped hard.  She does want to get back into that, it's just harder for her to pick something like that back up than it is to start something new or stick with what's she's got going.  So our next projects are getting her back into those habits by working whatever witchcraft Kokichi used to get her to like Japanese again lol.  I'd personally love it if she drew 7 billion pictures of me.

Kokichi: You've got to recite a special magic spell on a full moon!  By the power of the motivation gods... kootoloo kootalee, jaboosh fabini!  Just kidding! 

Ghostly-chan just needed a reason to go for it and the ability to objectively assess her mistakes without identifying with them.  It helps that I'm cute, so if I ask her really nicely to do something like learn a new language for me, she will.  Well, that probably worked because she wanted to learn it too.  She just forgot that.  

16 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I'm extremely good at video games

Ghostly: I am very bad at video games generally.  Well, I'm decent at turn-based rpgs, but otherwise!  Very Bad!

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera

Very interesting.

11 minutes ago, Bear said:

Even saints have shadows

Maybe stupid but this reminds me of Dragonball. Devilman created the Devilmite beam to kill a monk, so even their so called pure heart still had just enough darkness in it to make their heart explode.

Oh, I want to reply to the post above me but I can't quote in edit. That sucks. At least not in the same way.

Ghostly: Yup!  I've been slowly working my way through.  It's been years for me, too.  I'm better about keeping up with reviews than actually adding new cards. I think I'm over 2/3rds of the way through book 1 at this point? I did find a website where people have contributed their own stories, which helps me when my creativity fails me.  I have some sentences too, though I'm a bit limited by what kanji I know.

I had the same thing, I'd go days or weeks not adding new cards and just keeping up with reviews. Also good luck, 2/3 to 3/4 the way in is usually when I'd quit and have to start over. I dont know why.

And is that website Kanji Koohii? I used it too. You're doing better than me if you are actually making up most of your own stories. I was super lazy and only used their stories, lol

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Hello Ninja Bear!

17 minutes ago, Bear said:

Even someone who works diligently, practices what he preaches, never offends and is always kind, still has a shadow. Even saints have shadows. Darlene said, what is light without shadow?

Beautifully said!  It's something we've all struggled with as a system, doubting the good in ourselves for the bad that's there.  But...

be joyful at a funeral

Are you saying you're the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral?

So above all have fun. What kind of a game isn't fun? No game I'd want to play anyway. Fun can be had with bleached bones and dust, even death can't take that away.

Kokichi: That's pretty much how I see it.  I refuse to not have fun!  ...Wait, what's that about bleached bones and dust?  Well, I'm not going to judge what you do with your spare time, Kuma-chan.

14 minutes ago, TB said:

Maybe stupid but this reminds me of Dragonball. Devilman created the Devilmite beam to kill a monk, so even their so called pure heart still had just enough darkness in it to make their heart explode.

I don't think it's stupid.  I think it's interesting to see what kinds of themes and lessons come up in fiction, no matter what kind of work it is.  Anime👏is👏hella👏valid👏!

15 minutes ago, TB said:

I had the same thing, I'd go days or weeks not adding new cards and just keeping up with reviews. Also good luck, 2/3 to 3/4 the way in is usually when I'd quit and have to start over. I dont know why.

And is that website Kanji Koohii? I used it too. You're doing better than me if you are actually making up most of your own stories. I was super lazy and only used their stories, lol

Ghostly: It's a different website, called rtk search.  Lately I've been looking at the stories and picking one, so I haven't been making up a lot either.

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera

14 minutes ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

I don't think it's stupid.  I think it's interesting to see what kinds of themes and lessons come up in fiction, no matter what kind of work it is.  Anime👏is👏hella👏valid👏!

I'm very glad you think so. I find Dragonball to be incredibly profound and full of life lessons and morals. It is rich with culture too. Derek Padula runs a site called the Dao of Dragonball, where he talks all about it. It is fascinating to read his thoughts and understand the real life origin or equivalent of a lot of the concepts in the show. I could literally ramble about it for hours, and have before.

14 minutes ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

Ghostly: It's a different website, called rtk search.  Lately I've been looking at the stories and picking one, so I haven't been making up a lot either.

Oh. I have not heard or rtk search. And when I google it, I don't think what you are talking about comes up. Kanji Koohii is basically the same thing you describe though. I haven't used it in years though, so I don't know how much it has changed.

It isn't as good to not make your own story, but my creativity sucked and I wouldn't feel too bad about it. You'll survive off other people's stories in my opinion. I have forgotten the heisig meaning of most kanji at this point anyway. The main point of heisig is to transform how kanji look. After you go through it, they stop looking like random incomprehensible moon runes, and into something tangible that you can understand and break down into parts. It's primary function just makes learning words a lot easier, because your brain has tremendously less work to do after it.

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

think I've got a grasp on the mental phenomena relating to the "dopamine drip" concept now, and while it doesn't seem to be even close to the cause of my motivation problems, it's still a healthy thing to avoid. Effective result, more time spent doing things of value. If it affected motivation other times, it did it while I was a developing child, not now

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well, motivated or not you sure seem to have developed the ability to put that aside and do productive stuff even when you don't feel like it at all.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Wish I could express my emotions through drawing without it instantly being and embarrassment. And I can never find references for the things that are in my mind

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

5 hours ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

Hello Ninja Bear!

Beautifully said!  It's something we've all struggled with as a system, doubting the good in ourselves for the bad that's there.  But...

Are you saying you're the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral?

Kokichi: That's pretty much how I see it.  I refuse to not have fun!  ...Wait, what's that about bleached bones and dust?  Well, I'm not going to judge what you do with your spare time, Kuma-chan.

I'm saying I don't make films, but if I did they'd have a samurai. OWHoooo!

It's the same as the emotion I get from Harrison Ford, make it real or else forget about it.

Put 7 billions monkeys on a planet all alone and it's likely at least one of them will make perfection.

If you never find an appropriate time to laugh, laugh anyway. This reminds me of the times my friends and I would sit in the back of an impossibly hard class and giggle the whole time. We literally couldn't stop ourselves, it was like we were cursed and the teacher knew it. He'd call on us knowing we couldn't pay attention, he'd make comments, and throw stuff at us, but in the end we still passed and that hour we spent there three days a week was downright therapeutic. There was nothing memorable about that class, devoid of joy, painfully bad, but it was either laugh there or never laugh... well, or laugh everywhere. When you have friends like that, it's inevitable that you eventually drift apart, even friends so close you could shower together and not be weird about it (and this was a co-ed group) it's inevitable, so I don't lament that I haven't seen them in years and we all moved apart, I celebrate the times we had. All my memories of them are joyful ones, even the nostalgia. I don't let my mind miss them, because I take them with me, they're forever in my heart.

Even in post-apocalyptic poverty, I figure I'll be having fun.

I've seen things in my life and if I let them kill the clown inside me, then what would I have left? A dead clown inside me, and no one wants that.

Edited by Bear

This.

You gotta make your own fun.

Spoiler

I still think dead clowns are funnier than living ones though

Super Girls don't cry