Pleeb

[Game] Last one to post wins!

Don't put animals into dangerous situations and then pretend to rescue them and post it on Youtube for ad revue money 

Also Esperanto is cool

And hi

Cassidy's a C too, I wish he chatted more online lol

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

That's a pretty good summary 

ClianthaMiura - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system

Desmond - 21st April 2014 - Me!

L - 5th May 2014

Nevira - 14th December 2014

Misa - 5th December 2015

Roska - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - 13th July 2020

So my little sister wants to start actually watching anime (despite being basically a weeb already for a couple years now). She just watched all of My Hero Academia which seems like a good starter anime, and she asked my brother and I for suggestions, and.. we don't have very many, partially because we don't know (because she doesn't know) what she wants. We both settled on Naruto because us and many of our friends know and are willing to talk about it, lol. She wanted to watch something like Tokyo Ghoul or Death Note and while I haven't seen either, I surmised from google images that Tokyo Ghoul is likely far too mature for her (she's almost thirteen). I thought Death Note would probably be okay, but my brother thinks it's probably too much, but neither of us has even seen it lol. And I thought it was a 12-20 episode show, but it turns out it's like 37, so I'm not willing to just go watch it "really quick".

So, primarily, can any of you tell me if Death Note is too much for her age? Secondarily, anime suggestions? Movie-wise I've suggested she watch Spirited Away for sure and then Howl's Moving Castle if she liked that, and then recommended Naruto and Nichijou so she could get an idea of two of the biggest genres in anime (and see whether she's actually a fan of shounen animes which I doubt). 

She called Nichijou "girly", even though I think she's thoroughly girly herself. It wasn't on Vrv or whatever so she watched some(?) youtube clips of it, but I don't know if she was interested in watching it as a whole.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

I watched Death note when I was 13 or 14 and it wasn't a big deal, but that was almost 10 years ago now and I can't remember what the show was actually like. I don't think it was like gory or anything. I guess the fact that nothing stands out from memory says something but idk. I would've let my sister watch it when she was that age though. 

ClianthaMiura - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system

Desmond - 21st April 2014

L - 5th May 2014

Nevira - 14th December 2014

Misa - 5th December 2015

Roska - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - 13th July 2020

Progress report  Art thread  Ask us anything lol

Death Note is dark and lots of killings and lowkey glorifying killing (not really, more like making you think deeply about it). Depending on how mature she is, she could watch it without problems if grounded enough and possibly having too much peer pressure by friends lol. You kinda have to think for yourself based on how you know her and what you know about the anime

And helo there

Edited by Matsuri

Hi! I'm Matsuri from Unicorn Cavalry, but friends call me Matsi. I share this head with Xar, who is the original host, and Kurisutina. I like timey wimey stuff and blue boxes. Make it timey wimey blue boxes and we're set to explore all time, forum and space!

>Come talk, ask or just casually vibe with us

>Season 2 Progress Report

"Does anyone know this song? It goes: ue ue ue, heeeeee, Kalinka Kalinka Kalinka x3"

what harm is it going to cause her to watch something that is 'mature'? for really little kids I understand that stuff like that can give them nightmares, but for 13 year olds I think just about anything goes. I watched death note when I was under 13. that said, deathnote starts out really good, but gets less and less good as it goes on. it probably doesn't matter to her as much though, since 13 year olds tend not to have as discerning taste

nichijou is pretty funny, and I like it, but I am a bit biased because it reminds me of a friend that I drifted apart from because he was really into it and he was the reason why I watched it. I have a lot of feelings wrapped up with that show that most people probably don't have

what sort of shows is she interested in? any particular genres or tones or anything like that?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Me and all my friends watched Death Note in early middle school. It really depends on your sister, I had a few friends that it probably would have been too much for until they were more like 14. It's psychological but it's not too gory, the main point is that the book kills people and Light mostly does that by making them have heart attacks, although there is also

Spoiler

a woman who is commanded to hang herself (offscreen) by Light using the Death Note, and Light also experiments at one point with how far he can go, I think he made people write in their own blood, but it was also off-screen. At the end of the show there is some gun death.

I personally uh hated Naruto, endless filler. It was popular tho. 

Other middle school classics were Ouran High School Host Club (she might like that), Hetalia, One Piece, Soul Eater, HunterxHunter. 

I'd rec HunterxHunter over Naruto any day. Better plot, better character arcs. The way the characters grow in the series is a lot more relatable  and human than the power-hungry lore-driven dramatics of Naruto imo. The characters age from like 12 to 14 in the show itself, which was the ages I watched it. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side.