• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[EvergreenAlright, fine. But you better materialize a new sense so it's not "I see" all the time and I can't stop you from sensing by me covering your eyes or putting a blanket over you.

I'm feeling a lot better now. Now I need to think about me being Fish... And Fish is me...

This integration thing is weird, now I'm a lot more me than I used to be.

Also being a sub-system and then not and then yes..  oy

well I am going to get magnets in my fingers eventually so that I can sense magnetic fields, but that is still probably a few years away

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I don't know exactly how expensive it will be. the price of the magnets can vary and I don't know what a normal price to pay a qualified person to do the operation is. I imagine it will probably total up to around a couple hundred bucks (that is, a couple hundred bucks to get one magnet installed in one finger. after that I'll wait for it to heal and see how it is and how my funds are looking and see if I want to install another magnet on a different finger for 3D magnet sensation)

I would use my computer and phone just the same, it would take a far stronger magnet to be able to actually damage electronics

-Me

no, the magnet has to be in the body so that the nerves can grow around it, you would get much less sensitivity if you just tapped it. the fingers are the best place to put it because they are easy to maneuver to better sense things from different angles and because there are a lot of nerves in the fingers and so you will have much higher sensitivity than if you put it somewhere else. if you don't have a magnet of n52 or better, and you don't have it implanted in your finger in the right place, then you won't get very good sensitivity. some people put magnets in their ears because in certain circumstances it allows them to sort of hear magnetic fields, but that is sort of a different thing

-Me

[Evergreen] This sounds very strange to me. I'm not sure if it would work better in your finger than on it with tape because the nerves would be detecting the vibration of the magnet, correct?

the nerves need to be able to grow and heal around the magnet, otherwise you won't be able to feel it well enough to properly sense the magnetic fields. if it is just tapped on then the magnet is separated from the nerves by the skin, so you can't feel it nearly as well

-Me

Maybe this is like how before you get a tattoo, they say to draw it on or put a temp one in the same place for a few weeks to see what it's like. You should superglue a magnet of the caliber they insert to your finger, I know it's not the same but it would be something. 

Be careful with superglue though. 

I'm a little worried about infections, but I would do something like that. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread