[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

can't wait to play as Minecraft Pig in Smash...

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naa, you haven't seen the tats people git sportin here. It's like full sleeves and up the neck, chest, back, always calfs, it's like they're more tat than skin. Add to that lip, nose, eyebrow, and cheek rings and you've got a lot if unique expression.

No I wouldn't care if someone had a few tasteful markings, but call me prejudice but I'm going to be initially apprehensive of someone with full sleeves and chest or neck.

well, it's okay if you think they might be a certain kinda way, but if it means you won't even interact with them or think poorly of them that's kinda mean

we have a couple friends with sleeves who are good people and are starting to see more girls with big tattoos or sleeves who don't fit any kinda stereotype we used to associate with that, so I wouldn't judge on that alone

but I mean if their entire demeanor and appearance and everything clearly sends a message to you that's still fine to be apprehensive or w/e about, but aside from biker-gang lookin' guys we rarely see people with tattoos/piercings be straight up mean or unfriendly (and I feel like for those people, even if they had no tattoos or piercings you'd realize pretty fast what they were like)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

So you're saying someone is allowed to have boundaries, but you shouldn't shun people even if they have "f*** you!* on their forehead.

Don't judge on that alone, is like saying, don't judge anyone for anything? What if they have a racial slurs? There are a lot of skinheads here and they're definitely scary people with swastikas and anti-gay shit all over them, where some, not all, but some of them will not take kindly if you even look at them. These are the hungry pitbulls of people who enjoy beating people up and mugging them for fun. Big cities have a lot of people of all types, the issue is when you start to look like really genuinely dangerous people "just to express yourself". It then allows these truly dangerous people to have easier access to victims by desisitizing everyone from prejudging them if you know what I mean. This comes back to should there be prejudice in some ways as a means of self preservation? Should you assume all dogs are nice even when they're growling, or treat them all the same? I'm saying, if you look like someone who would be statistically more likely to rape and mug, intentionally, then what are you trying to say about yourself or are you just completely ignorant? (both are bad) And when you find out that that cool symbol you added was actually a racial slur, then what? The scar from the removal surgery isn't as much fun and way more expensive. So without saying 'in general' specifically, some people make really silly choices about their expression and since it's so mainstream now, it's diluting the crazies in that way. So that I don't prejudge one vs another, it's kinda hard not to be wary of everyone or no one given the social pressure of infinite tolerance. Yes, it's awful that people do this to people because the color of their skin, but excessive tats and piercings and body mods are intentional, and therefore different.

So this is how racism and prejudice is perpetuated, sure, but if you get full sleeves and lots of piercings, you are intentionally setting yourself up to experience discrimination from as much as 30% of the population and most employers.

I don't want trouble or drama, that's why I am also especially wary of people who use drugs on a regular basis, you don't know when it's going to go too far, and anyone who's a mean drunk, because I've had enough of that bs.

So no skinheads or Nazis, what if they're nice people? hmmmhh??

I knew a guy in high school who I didn't know anything about in terms of his racial bias, we were just good freinds, and then I found out he was a nazi basically, but we were already friends and we never talked about that bs, it was just the people he hung out with and these were all tough people, I mean really nasty, but not outwardly pitbulls, just like, really prejudiced toward Jews, African-Americans and Hispanics. I wasn't I had a lot of friends, and especially Jewish people and Hispanics, but also a black friend at the same time, well, just don't invite them all to the same party. 

No I never discriminated anyone with tats who were also friends of friends or in college or even just outwardly friendly, but I understand those who do and why.

Edited by Bear

bear, you realize the huge majority of tattoos in the world aren't innately offensive right

no need to be difficult

3 minutes ago, Lucilyn said:

bear, you realize the huge majority of tattoos in the world aren't innately offensive right

no need to be difficult

Once again, you're looking at extremes while missing the whole point. 

Here's the point I guess:

I don't 'prefer' to date anyone like a nazi or fully tatted up or pierced girls, they aren't attractive to me like guys aren't attractive to me, is this something that I need to fix about me? Or am I the bad bear for not being super extreme tolerant of anything? 

I know there's obviously something off, because the next generation really don't care, but should they care a little?

LOL oh man I remember this article/photoessay where they took photos and interviewed people with a LOT of tattoos who were over 60 trying to disprove the whole "Having a lot of tattoos will age horribly" and the sad thing was that for me, and for most of the comment section.... it didn't really work. 70 year old guy with a sagging face covered in illegible tattoos, stomachs with faded droopy eagles, all of it looking like someone rolled around in chalk and ink. 

Tattoos are art, and like any artform, sometimes it doesn't age well. Especially if it wasn't good to begin with.... You know, someone out there has a sonic inflation tattoo. 

Senior Citizen With Tattoos

Honestly though, I think you'd come to terms with it. Just like the rest of your body/face, if you've had a tattoo since you were 18 or something, of course it's going to decay and age just like the rest of your skin. 

Were you referring this, Bear? 

https://www.papermag.com/gen-z-tattoo-2647739969.html?rebelltitem=6#rebelltitem6

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

7 minutes ago, Bear said:

Once again, you're looking at extremes while missing the whole point.

I.. that's our line?

This conversation went:
"I hate tattoos"
"Tattoos are usually fine though"
"No, nazis and racists are not fine"

You don't see how that's not normal conversation flow? I get that your local experiences may be swayed towards unfavorable ones, but you can't seriously believe even 5% of tattoos are innately offensive. If you do, I want to know where you live so we can avoid being anywhere near there, because that is not normal.

Most people just have random tattoos of animals, natural stuff like fire or plants, or symbols of some kind (that aren't offensive..)

If it needs to be said, no, you do not have to give people with racist or otherwise blatantly offensive tattoos the time of day.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

obviously avoid people who have hateful tattoos and whatnot, but that is different from just having a lot of tattoos. and there are no nice nazis; there are nazis who might be nice to you, but it is impossible to be a nice person when you follow an ideology built on hate

I don't really care who you are attracted to. finding tattoos unattractive is fine. it's not cool to be prejudice against people with tattoos though. most of them are no nazis, and the nazis tend to be pretty easily identifiable. and anyway, nowadays it's a lot more common for nazis to dress up in suits and have pretty boy hair and pretend to be respectable

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me