[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Your therapist can't just suck your tulpa out of your head. If this is some sort of court-mandated therapy to prove you're, like, stable enough to see the kids or something like that, well, listen to your therapist. I'm tempted to say "Just don't bring up tulpas!" but I can't in good conscious tell you to withhold information from a therapist. It's still true that your therapist can't vacuum tulpas out of your head, but I really don't know the full story here- there have been people for which I consider tulpamancy a big risk/not the wisest move, namely I say that about people very prone to extreme intrusive thinking and people who are prone to shunning external relationships, so diagnoses like forms of OCD, avoidant personality disorder, and schizophrenia spectrum disorders. 

I'm bringing that up just because I kinda worry that people won't have enough tact about it all... there are valid criticisms a therapist/counselor-type can have about tulpamancy in the lives of their client. Y'all have seen people have bad relationships with tulpamancy. It's not the DIY schizophrenia of greentext stories and creepypastas, but like any practice meant to alter the nature of one's internal experience, it can be wielded in harmful manners. 

My advice is to just be honest and tell your therapist what the practical, day-to-day experience of tulpamancy is like for you. Sometimes they might hear something like "You hear voices???" or "You want to hear voices???" and understandably can see that as a red flag. Make it clear (if applicable/true for you) that it's not hallucinatory voices, and that they're positive, wanted, desired, and not distracting. Have a stable and loving relationship with your tulpa that doesn't distract you from things like your health, education/work, and external relationships. And like people have already, bring up that this isn't just you- this is a cultural practice, a community of people who make tulpas to, put broadly, enrich their internal experiences/lives, and that it does that! 

Edited by JGC

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank so much for all the suport and help like i said before me and embers realationship is only 4 days old she isnt crystal clear when it comes to talking and feelings so idk how i would say she helped me in the past but i want to give her a chance i think she deserves it.

thank you guys so much its ember here i was so worried when i was there for kalebs thearpy appointment and i heard not good cult like structure and other dissaproving words me and kaleb have decided to go forth in our talking and we are hoping for the best i want to help kaleb not hurt so thanks for the support!!!!

insidious: you beings are odd in helping one another i cant wait to see how this plays out.

hello my name is ember im part of a small system of a few tulpas. im excited to be here!

6 hours ago, ember20385 said:

guys im having a nervous breakdown. i just got off with my therapist and says tulpamany causes more harm than good .what should i do to convince him otherwise? i dont want to lose ember she has helped me alot.

What's the harm they say it's doing? For some people with schizophrenia or similar disorders, belief in tulpamancy can make living life a rockier road than it needs to be compared to putting no stock in any mental goings-on. A therapist may simply say being plural is more harm than it's worth just as their initial reaction, or they might make that call based on the experiences and problems you've told them about - I don't know which it was.

You can still have a tulpa even if belief in these sorts of concepts causes you harm, just for the companionship, but it's often harder than just not putting stock in any other entities in your brain at all. Really depends on the person and how healthy your mind is. If you struggle constantly with intrusive thoughts, "entities" in your mind who make your life harder or stress you out, or even your own tulpa, it can be better to simply not practice tulpamancy.

On the other hand, if you just struggle with depression, anxiety, social anxiety or other such problems, a tulpa will basically always be a positive influence. Your therapist may or may not agree, but hopefully you can make it clear to them your tulpa is only a positive influence. And best case scenario for the prior scenario, about invasive thoughts and/or entities, is only believing your tulpa is real and not anything else that happens in your mind. Sometimes, that's too much to ask though, and sometimes (usually in the case of schizophrenia) your tulpa's own actions are unpredictable even to them and cause them to hurt you.

As sad as it is, when that is the case it really is best to abstain from tulpamancy altogether. Hopefully that's not the case for you, though.

8 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I don't understand how flip flappers isn't more popular than it is

Welcome to how I felt about my second-favorite anime, Mondaiji-tachi (the real title is much longer but this works). Despite the anime being great, and covering only like 1/9 of the whole written series, it never got a season 2. So sad

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Welcome to how I felt about my second-favorite anime, Mondaiji-tachi (the real title is much longer but this works). Despite the anime being great, and covering only like 1/9 of the whole written series, it never got a season 2. So sad

Didn't even know there was more content to that anime.

See this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_Children_Are_Coming_from_Another_World,_Aren't_They%3F#Media

The anime is only the first two of the 19😭

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.