[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

All I know about all that buddhism happiness/enlightenment stuff is that it actually takes a whole lot more figuring out and practice than they (especially "western buddhism-inspired" writers) say. If something just clicks in your brain and you suddenly feel enlightened, you probably had an aneurysm or something. Or drugs were involved, in which case you really need to mention that part before you go around preaching what secrets of the universe you realized.. 

Anyways. Taking advantage of all techniques, habits and general methods for shaping and controlling your mind can do endless good. Find whatever you can that works for you and practice it.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in my experience there are basically 4 types of tasks:

- interesting and easy. these tasks don't require your full focus, but they are still interesting to do. these tasks are great. casually playing a videogame that you have a lot of experience in would go under this category

- interesting and hard. these tasks take your full concentration and are interesting to do. these are perhaps the finest tasks. conlanging falls into this catagory

- boring and easy. these tasks aren't very interesting, but don't take up your full focus either. these tasks are alright because you can still entertain yourself with the rest of your focus, and they can also be pretty relaxing (depending on the stakes of the task). most sorts of manual labor would fall under this category

- boring and hard. these tasks are boring and don't allow you to do anything other than focus on the task while doing them. these tasks are horrible because, unlike boring and easy tasks, you can't simply zone out and pay attention to something else. these sorts of tasks are the worst tasks to do by a large margin. looking through a list of random words to find all of the ones that are misspelled would fall under this category

9 hours ago, TB said:

The best thing to help with these kinds of things in my experience is meditation. Becoming skillful at meditation and creating a powerful capability of focusing is such a powerful tool. The thing about boredom is you general aren't bored because the object of your attention is inherently boring. You are bored because your attention isnt stable, and that is because things that we perceive as boring are difficult to focus on because they suck, as opposed to interesting things that automatically draw your focus in without trying. This is such a great insight

If you meditate skillfully, it becomes literally impossible to be bored because you can effortlessly plant your attention on anything you want. The byproduct of this is that everything seems inherently interesting and satisfying. 

This is why my life was better than it had ever been for a while. All of my meditation skills are kaput now though because very bad life events and my consistent practice being derailed. I intend to get it back but I'm just struggling in general I guess atm

I sincerely hope it can help you too

I don't believe this. I can pay attention to things just fine, and often I am good at "finding the fun" in otherwise boring activities, but there are some tasks that I am supposed to do on a regular basis that really, truly are inherently boring. I have really tried, but there is no fun to be found, no different way to think about it that makes it less boring. the best thing that I have found is that if I listen to music while doing them it becomes a bit more bearable, but it still sucks

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

15 hours ago, Sierra said:

Combining double post! Edit: EDIT: Nevermind I can’t delete the second post! 😮

After realizing it was pointless I stopped merging double posts not too long ago. It's okay to double post here, just not in First one to reach 1,000 posts wins or any other board. Double posting is allowed in forum games in general, but I thought it was cheating because jean-luc kept track of how many posts people made. However, that was deemed as not a way to "win".

11 hours ago, Flandre said:

We usually do the opposite; we frequently leave or prepare food for a systemmate before switching with them. Our system dynamic is just like that, though.

Aww, that's really sweet.

Sorry guys, I'm not feeling up for engaging in the discussions.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Taking a break from doing switchy stuff did nothing, so that means that tupper stuff has no impact on whether or not we're okay in the head. Therapist read my PR and Miri can front now and finds it appealing. My days are counted guys.