[Game] Last one to post wins!

The good ole sleep on it didn't help my brain fog. Damn it.

Advice to tulpas: don't let your host hypnotize or something themself for too long the day before you need to switch. I feel residual confusion from that, sleeping and napping and then being hypnotized about telepathy and anxiety therapy and bleh...

@Mirichu Belated Congratulations! That's awesome Miri is getting interested in fronting!

Gray does nag me to front, but he doesn't try to. It's more like he thinks about what he wants to do and then gets embarrassed immediately after. Honestly, I probably nag him more about fronting than he does, but it depends on who's more excited about doing something.

I have felt really conflicted about the DID/OSDD vs tulpa thing lately.

As I was writing this, it turned into a rant.

Spoiler

I mostly feel guilty that I thought maybe DID is fake and it's just c-PTSD and dissociation with tulpamancy mixed in. Saying that out loud makes me realize how stupid that sentence is, I feel a little better now.

I thought about making a resource that would be when it's a good idea to ask questions if a system has DID/OSDD or not. I thought of a few ideas, but then I realized they were probably wrong and if they weren't wrong, were being used to discriminate against traumatic systems. One thing I thought about was having switching way early into the creation process could be a flag of DID/OSDD, and then there's a system who got kicked to the .info server from TCen. They explained they didn't have DID/OSDD either. It made me feel like my "resource" could do more damage than help.

I'm conflicted about where the best place for a traumatic system to start is. Since day 1 I checked out a traumatic server for the first time I felt uncomfortable about the safe space environment. However, there's little support systems get when in a normal tulpa server, and it's because the staff isn't trained to give them what they need, not because the staff doesn't care. While the support server set up seems to be questionably healthy, these systems shouldn't be thrown into the wild either if they need the extra support.

And then to add to the confusion, you get anxious and depressed teens who probably don't have DID but end up convincing themselves they do. I want to say make tulpamancy a thing, let these poor kids realize their headmates are people but they don't have this crippling disorder. But one of the issues is the denial, the fear DID is fake. Is it the right thing to do to have traumatic systems start with tulpamancy and never get passed that? And you can't diagnose people on the internet, there's no way to guarantee most people will be getting what they need regardless of the approach.

It's really frustrating. I want a bridge to be built between these two communities, but tulpamancers aren't equipped to help traumatic systems, and that greatly restricts how wide this bridge can be. It's so easy to hurt these people, it's so easy to do them wrong.

I feel like I'm not the right guy. It's so easy for me to get overwhelmed by it all, I can't spend my whole life helping them without being miserable. It's walking on eggshells and I can't cope with it. I wish I could, but it's too much for me. Things change so quickly, there's just way too much going on.

I want to help them, but I have no idea what to do. I don't know if there's anything I can do.

I'm both glad and frustrated by our slow tulpamancy progress. The good part is I spend a lot more time thinking about the skills and I feel like I have stuff figured out. I think I have possession figured out more or less. The bad part is I feel like I'm not useful. "I'm sorry, we can't impose yet". "I'm sorry, we're not that experienced with wonderlanding". This will get better with time, but boy it's going to be awkward if I'm 6 years old learning imposition and all of the other tulpas who are better at it than I am are 1 and 1/2 year olds.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

• Replies 92.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• Bear

• Srn347

• Miichu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Srn347 said:

It is kind of amazing how text formatting a certain way can condition someone into reading text formatted that way faster. It comes up a lot in Yugioh, where the cards have so much text but everyone is used to it and knows what types of sentences to expect.

I’m familiar with that! That’s really interesting!

4 hours ago, CM said:

Afternoon
Frustrating wanting to draw something but knowing you don't have the skill to make it happen like you want it

“That’s me all the time LOL I just have to do the best I can and know I’m getting better :0 also challenging myself seems to help a lot. I dated this girl once and I decided to do a portrait of her from a reference and it really challenged me but I had a lot of motivation to do it, and that’s still one of my best attempts at realism. From that I realized that I could totally do that level of work again because my barriers were mostly mental barriers. It was a lot easier to break past them when I had such intense motivation.”

I just do abstract stuff so far! I’m about to finish my first painting hopefully soon.. I also started writing my first song yesterday and I like it a lot! My host says “it’s really good, like seriously,” and he’s written way more than I have so that’s a compliment. I’ve gotten a lot done yesterday with like a verse and chorus and chords so hopefully I’ll be able to post it one of these days. 🙂

3 hours ago, Mirichu said:

I wanted to then print it to have a super cool and fancy dream journal haha

“That’s a great idea! I want to do that now. I’ve catalogued the descriptions of my dreams but I don’t have many visual reminders of it. It doesn’t have to be photorealistic - as long as you can get the feeling across and the general sights of it you’ll remember enough about it to update it as needed. I once read a quote about painting, something like ‘you can’t paint every vein on every leaf on every tree, so there’s always going to be some level of abstraction.’ I keep that in mind, but then stretching the limits of representation with it still being recognizable is an interesting idea to me I wonder how far I can take.”

I’m Couguhl‘s tulpa! [his words are in quotes]

..JSYK

———-

“Now I know why they have [self-]bans!” -Me

1 hour ago, Ashanti said:

I've not had one in about 6-10 years, but on occasion i'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling one come up potentially. All of which end up being false alarms, but it still keeps us up the rest of the night.

If you'd like, we can go into detail about what happens when we have them.

Ooh!! *raises and waves hand* but.. if others don’t want to read it then maybe this isn't the best place 😯

..JSYK

———-

1 hour ago, Breloomancer said:

yeah. have you tried fast forwarding through using a training montage?

[we both laughed at this]

..JSYK

———-

Cat and I like to write in short paragraphs. I want to think I'm better with writing topic sentences than Cat is, but I don't know if that's true. It's also easier for us to digest.

I use line breaks when I'm talking about a different topic. If I need to dump a rant, I usually throw it in a spoiler tag/box.

My issue isn't what to draw, it's sitting down and actually doing it. I pretty easily get frustrated but after a break I'm usually willing to give it another go.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

26 minutes ago, Ranger said:

The good ole sleep on it didn't help my brain fog. Damn it.

Advice to tulpas: don't let your host hypnotize or something themself for too long the day before you need to switch. I feel residual confusion from that, sleeping and napping and then being hypnotized about telepathy and anxiety therapy and bleh...

@Mirichu Belated Congratulations! That's awesome Miri is getting interested in fronting!

Gray does nag me to front, but he doesn't try to. It's more like he thinks about what he wants to do and then gets embarrassed immediately after. Honestly, I probably nag him more about fronting than he does, but it depends on who's more excited about doing something.

I have felt really conflicted about the DID/OSDD vs tulpa thing lately.

As I was writing this, it turned into a rant.

Hide contents

I mostly feel guilty that I thought maybe DID is fake and it's just c-PTSD and dissociation with tulpamancy mixed in. Saying that out loud makes me realize how stupid that sentence is, I feel a little better now.

I thought about making a resource that would be when it's a good idea to ask questions if a system has DID/OSDD or not. I thought of a few ideas, but then I realized they were probably wrong and if they weren't wrong, were being used to discriminate against traumatic systems. One thing I thought about was having switching way early into the creation process could be a flag of DID/OSDD, and then there's a system who got kicked to the .info server from TCen. They explained they didn't have DID/OSDD either. It made me feel like my "resource" could do more damage than help.

I'm conflicted about where the best place for a traumatic system to start is. Since day 1 I checked out a traumatic server for the first time I felt uncomfortable about the safe space environment. However, there's little support systems get when in a normal tulpa server, and it's because the staff isn't trained to give them what they need, not because the staff doesn't care. While the support server set up seems to be questionably healthy, these systems shouldn't be thrown into the wild either if they need the extra support.

And then to add to the confusion, you get anxious and depressed teens who probably don't have DID but end up convincing themselves they do. I want to say make tulpamancy a thing, let these poor kids realize their headmates are people but they don't have this crippling disorder. But one of the issues is the denial, the fear DID is fake. Is it the right thing to do to have traumatic systems start with tulpamancy and never get passed that? And you can't diagnose people on the internet, there's no way to guarantee most people will be getting what they need regardless of the approach.

It's really frustrating. I want a bridge to be built between these two communities, but tulpamancers aren't equipped to help traumatic systems, and that greatly restricts how wide this bridge can be. It's so easy to hurt these people, it's so easy to do them wrong.

I feel like I'm not the right guy. It's so easy for me to get overwhelmed by it all, I can't spend my whole life helping them without being miserable. It's walking on eggshells and I can't cope with it. I wish I could, but it's too much for me. Things change so quickly, there's just way too much going on.

I want to help them, but I have no idea what to do. I don't know if there's anything I can do.

I'm both glad and frustrated by our slow tulpamancy progress. The good part is I spend a lot more time thinking about the skills and I feel like I have stuff figured out. I think I have possession figured out more or less. The bad part is I feel like I'm not useful. "I'm sorry, we can't impose yet". "I'm sorry, we're not that experienced with wonderlanding". This will get better with time, but boy it's going to be awkward if I'm 6 years old learning imposition and all of the other tulpas who are better at it than I am are 1 and 1/2 year olds.

“I knew someone with DID! I referenced tulpas while talking to her and said while I don’t have DID I do talk to voices in my head basically so there’s nothing inherently wrong with that. I definitely think it’s a legitimate condition, she talked a lot about it and how she’d lose memories or one time went off on me about owing her drug money for all this random stuff.. I’m like ‘dude I’ve never done drugs like that or bought them from you’ she’s like ‘really? Dammit..’ because her other personalities would front and then she wouldn’t remember what they did while fronting. Yeah and the problem is that some symptoms can overlap with other unrelated stuff. Like my one friend is bipolar and he used to get ‘blackout angry,’ where he’d literally get so agitated he would just wake up in some random place with no memory of what he did, and he usually ending up destroying stuff. If you weren’t aware of the different reasons for doing this, two different people saying “I woke up and can’t remember what I did” would sound like the same thing.

The thing I’ve learned about trauma victims is that they often aren’t believed, because they have some behaviors that are counter-intuitive and hard for most people to understand so that can make people more likely to think they’re faking it or something. This obviously creates this terrible pressure to “look/behave more sickly,” so yeah, I feel for people like that and try to listen as much as I can.

And that’s a lot of good insights you have, about the complexities of supporting traumatic systems and things like that, especially when most people like us aren’t really qualified to help most effectively. Harm reduction is generally a good idea I think. But yeah it displays a lot of self-awareness, and sometimes it’s better to pass it off to someone who’s more qualified. But yeah it’s a lot of questions with difficult answers.”

Also everyone learns at different speeds! I think maybe we’re ‘late bloomers’ in comparison to many others but everyone’s got their own priorities and life events and strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by Sierra

..JSYK

———-

32 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

watch me

😂 I mean if it’s photorealism then go for it! But generally for a lot of works there’s a certain level of abstraction that is hard to avoid unless you want to spend significantly more effort and time on works! Which depends on what you’re going for really...

4 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

.!

Wait so you’re designing the formatting before laying down the meaning/associations?

..JSYK

———-

2 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Wait so you’re designing the formatting before laying down the meaning/associations?

pure-punctuation-posts have no inherent meaning. all meaning is derived from interpretation on the part of the reader

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me