[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

13 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

you made a hypothetical clause, but with no corresponding conditional; an "if" with no "then"

25 minutes ago, Sierra said:

If you could chant an incantation that exclusively breaks the internet?

Maybe it’s more accurate like this

“If you could chant an incantation that exclusively breaks the internet..?”

It’s almost like starting a sentence but it’s cut off on purpose. We do that all the time, essentially just repeating one of the last fragments of what someone said, which implies you don’t know about it and want to know more, which the other person usually senses and then elaborates on.

example: “I’d hate if there was a banana slug infestation I had to walk through while walking around Jamal’s.” You could say “if there was a banana slug infestation..?” and the other person would respond by elaborating on what that infestation would look like. It still makes sense even though it’s not technically a ‘complete’ sentence.

“I’ve always thought it’s weird that English supposedly always requires a subject. In some situations that seems restrictive to me because there isn’t always a subject or it’s redundant (it is raining), or it’s implied through context.”

Edited by Sierra

I’m Couguhl‘s tulpa! [his words are in quotes]

..JSYK

———-

“Now I know why they have [self-]bans!” -Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see

it's not so much of an incantation and more of a hymn. and it doesn't break the internet, so much as disables it. all the stuff still works just fine, the song just turns it all off. to turn it back on you need this song

the good thing is that the only person who can sing the song to turn of the internet has a vested interest in not turning it off, because she is connected to the internet in such a way that if it gets turned off, she also gets turned off (she is sort of, but not exactly a robot). the other good thing is (do I need to put spoilers for a 14 year old game? I guess I probably should)

Spoiler

turning off the internet turns out to be necessary to buy time to save the world, because an ultra powerful person who wants to destroy humanity also happens to need the internet to function, and so there being such an easy way to turn off the internet actually saved the world from a third apocalypse

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

ok

ok

What we like is aligned with what's good for the health of the forum. Very large posts of actual discussion, whether or not we read them, are better than .,

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

a trolley is going to hit 5 people, but you are able to change the tracks to divert it so that it doesn't hit those people, but if you divert it then it will instead run over the computers that tulpa.info and all of its backups are stored on. do you divert the trolley?

-Me

But how many more people haven’t died bc of .info hmm, think about that

DAMMIT I edited my own post by accident and lost the first one instead of posting the second one.

Edited by Sierra

..JSYK

———-

That makes more sense with context though haha... that’s the song they use to power their internet but I remember back in the days when we had to listen to the song of a robot being murdered to death to turn on our internet.

if that game came out 14 years ago then they’ve just been holding back those beautiful internet starting songs from us. (At least the robot dies faster)

..JSYK

———-

well the game came out 14 years ago, but it takes place in the far far future (or maybe it doesn't take place on earth at all? I used to think that I understood the lore, but apparently it gets all complicated in surge concerto, and I can't play surge concerto because the first game in the series never got translated to english (although the fan translation is currently 73% complete and might be released sometime next year!))

the exa_pico series is pretty out there and there is really nothing else like it, probably because as it turns out, the audience for games such as these isn't actually all that large (though it is extremely dedicated). it has my eternal respect for using conlangs back in 2006 before that was so much of a thing that people did, and sure, they aren't all that well made conlangs, but they have some neat ideas, and just the fact that they exist and have such a prominent role is enough for me

-Me

We're in the last couple days before Christmas season/the holidays.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas