[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

12 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I'm pretty certain that I would have heard about it if there was a space colony launched and something went wrong and it fell out of orbit and crashed back on earth

Our universe, not our Earth. You think there's only one Earth with sentient humanoids on it in the universe? I don't know, maybe. Hard to find out with our current understanding of physics. Still possible though.

Also, non-"post" posts at the end of a page are sad.

Edited by Flandre
go read the last post maybe

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the lyrics of Space Colony specifically mention humans. if you are saying that the humans mentioned are not in fact the launchers of the colony then that recontextualizes a lot of things about the song

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Honestly, I don't know how you could go with "Okay, so there might be another planet in the universe called Earth that was similar enough it could be the basis for these songs", but then say "But wait, they're humans"

Every specific detail we require does narrow chances down exponentially, but I mean... It didn't seem that much bigger a leap to make to say they also happen to be called humans.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Here to report that couguhl is “VERY STRONGLY ANTI-GLITTER,” due to the mention of glitter not too long ago, a topic which he is hypersensitive to (and he wants to rant anyway).

“Well the thing is, ok.. Jamie already mentioned the downsides of glitter (aside from the fact that it’s known as ‘the herpes of arts and crafts’) but I had this total epiphany last year when I realized all the ‘dust’ that naturally gathers around my house isn’t dust. I realized it’s purple and thought about it and thought ‘’if dust is mostly skin cells and hair like I’ve been told my whole life, why would it be purple? My skin obviously isn’t purple..

Spoiler

(one-eyed one-horned Giant...)

so I took a closer look and to my surprise I could actually see distinctive little clothing fibers visible to the naked eye! They were mostly bright red and blue! (Because those are mostly the colors of my fabrics.) I took a step back and realized this ‘dust’ is mostly clothing fibers and then almost shit myself with the implications of what that meant. I’ve gotta be breathing this in, no doubt. I can literally see it with my eyes floating in the air anytime I move something, and it gets deposited everywhere.

But the creepy thing is that a significant percentage of our clothes are literally made of plastic, and I doubt the chance that none of this has entered my body and lung tissue is 0. Even if it was all mostly organic cotton, that still means everything attached to the cotton is what I’m also consuming - the industrial dyes and chemicals attached to the fibers.

So then because I also was getting into the science of “respirable particles,” I knew that the larger fibers were probably less of a big deal since they’d be caught in the little hairs and large structures of the body, but it’s the tiny particles which are more of a concern - the ‘respirable particulates’ that are so small they can be directly absorbed into the bloodstream and lodged deep in the tissues.

Personally, I’m not going to wait however many years before we have definitive proof that inhaling plastic fibers combined with industrial dyes and other chemicals damages or stunts body tissues.. so I’ve been reducing my use of these plastic fabrics (and cleaning more often) and at least if I’m gonna inhale it I’d rather it be cotton...

But then I was researching microplastics generally and I found evidence with recent studies that there are measurable levels of these plastic fibers in the air and natural environment! In London I think was where they were measuring it, and it made it all the way up mountains and seemed very widespread, and they said these microplastics were small enough to be carried by the wind and were mostly coming from fabrics and clothing fibers, which break off into the environment. I read one thing that said ‘roughly the same amount of fibers break off through normal wear compared to washing,’ so it’s not like not ever going outside or actually staying outside would be a way to avoid it.

It seems like a significant percentage of this microplastic pollution has its origin with plastic clothes. Of course until this moment I had never considered how ridiculous the concept of ‘plastic clothes’ is, because polyester can be very nice. But the scale of all this is what is amazing to me - and it’s a path I got onto just from looking at dust in my bathroom. It’s not just random data, I can actually see it with my eyes.

And further complicating it, there’s a lot of details about the actual structure of the fabric making the fibers more or less easy to break off (tight-wound polyester may not break off as easy as loose rough cotton).

So that’s microplastics from plastic clothes breaking off and polluting our environment and it’s very hard to filter. Now let’s talk conditioning! *confetti*

I learned that while training, you have to reward (let’s say a dog) immediately at the moment they do what you want them to do, because rewarding them for doing something years ago won’t mean anything to the dog and it won’t understand or learn anything - so rewarding them at the exact moment they do the good thing is giving them information - that the thing they’re doing is good, and that’s how they learn whatever you’re teaching them.

Humans are smart enough that we can be rewarded later instead of immediately and we can consciously assign the reward to whatever we did in the past. (But its still difficult - hence why artistic pursuits in general are often more difficult than other pursuits to stay motivated doing - you don’t get rewarded until long after the work is over! Compared to a sports game - sinking a ball through a hoop or winning a game by crossing a finish line receives IMMEDIATE REWARD as the entire crowd screams, which makes it VERY EASY to know when you’re killing it, and you stay motivated knowing that whatever you did was good.)

But dogs can’t assign teachings to past stuff, so to get around this - you teach them to associate a random “cue” (like the words ‘good boy!’) with the reward! (Saying ‘good boy’ every time they’re fed aka rewarded, but not overusing the cue - only using it when they get rewarded, so they associate the cue specifically with the reward only, and they start to act like it’s the same thing as the original reward.) So that way when they hear your cue it’s the same as getting rewarded (and you can do it from a distance, hence a way to reward them instantly when they do what you want to do at that moment.)

So for example I made cues for my dog and cat who would freak out every time they get their nails clipped. For years they’ve done this and we’ve tried to calm them but never could - until I started saying ‘good boy!’ at the moment of the clippers clipping their nail. Now after some time of doing this they must have realized that I was trying to communicate that the clipping was a good thing, because they stopped freaking out and now to this day they’ll sit there and won’t squirm. You can apply this conditioning to yourself (highly recommended, I condition myself in this same exact way and it works), or even your idiot roommate. Toodles!”

I’m Couguhl‘s tulpa! [his words are in quotes]

..JSYK

———-

“Now I know why they have [self-]bans!” -Me

plastic is really giving cars a run for it's money as "the cause of the most bad things"

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me