[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

29 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I got accepted into university 🎊

I expected to, it's not like Princeton or anything, but... still nice. 

Congrats!!

Make sure you get as much out of the experience as you can! It's ridiculously expensive! Aside from the piece of paper that magically gets you jobs, most of what you're paying for is just how many opportunities you have - and it's really easy to pass most of them up, ending up with just the paper. University can offer you experiences you appreciate having had for the rest of your life!

Or it can just put you in lots of debt and leave you regretting not going to a cheaper college, like us, but at least we can acknowledge the experience was nice!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, and don't drink anything you didn't open yourself at parties. I guess, depending on how iffy-feeling the party environment is

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Preferably that would be the case, yes - parties where the other people around would never let anything bad happen

Edited by Reisen

Thanks!

I get half-tuition, I already have a semester of gen eds that I took at a cc, and I get an automatic 700 dollars a semester scholarship for the combination of my mom working there and her being an alumnus. Filled out the FAFSA of course and I have a good few circumstances (only one parent contributing, mom has another kid in college, ethnic minority) that = money. Well, loan money....

The big thing is, I want to go to a dorm, and that's really where the money comes into play. I have a few options. The absolute nicest, which probably won't happen unless I trip on several thousand dollars next time I go for a walk, is a dorm that's like a very small apartment with a proper bedroom and its own bathroom. Then there are dorms in the same configuration but with two bedrooms and you get a roommate- this is somewhat cheaper, as you'd imagine. The next option, which is the most likely, is the dorms that are set up like little families, where there's a shared kitchen/living space between 5ish people, and I think two bathrooms and individual bedrooms. The cheapest option, which I will still do, is the dorms that are a bedroom as in "there's room for a bed" and there's communal bathrooms at the end of the hall and communal rec room/study space on the bottom floor. 

So really, the less money the more people I have to share a living space with, ranging from "None" to "Roommate" to "4+ roommates" to sharing all spaces besides a small bedroom with floors worth of students. 

The plan is to look for more scholarship $$$ and to work this summer. My physical health gets in the way a little bit but I can't worry about that too much because "spontaneously get better" is unfortunately not on the agenda. I've been playing on easy mode, with a pandemic and still living at home, with the health issues I have. That has been nice but it won't last forever... 

TLDR;

• I'm in an okay money situation but the real question is how much dorm space I can afford
  • This will depend largely on how much scholarship money I can get and how much I can make this summer

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Just remember that loans will still need to be paid back eventually - our $14,000 has only gained like $70 in interest over the last few years, but that still means we need to put $14,000 into repaying debt. Not something to be taken lightly!

6 hours ago, Jamie said:

I got accepted into university 🎊

I expected to, it's not like Princeton or anything, but... still nice. 

Nice

8 hours ago, Reisen said:

Should I just pretend we haven't set this as my avatar every year for four years now? I guess I don't front often enough for anyone to see it..

Oh, nice pfp!

Also, you weren't in my dreams last night, instead, something else, and I can't remember, because it wasn't super fun, only moderately fun.