[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

2 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

There's one too many "hads" in the original

I don't know what you are calling the original, but what I posted had had the correct amount of "had"s

3 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

and also the sentence doesn't make sense because "James," can only be continued once like that, and if you wanted it to be his "had" to say "James' "had" had had a better effect" you'd need an apostrophe to show possession, which again would disconnect it from the had had "had had" in the middle.

I don't know what you are talking about here. there is no need for use of the possessive in this sentence. I think that the point of confusion is because of the unnatural way in which the subclause about John is inserted. a more natural way to say it would be "while John had had 'had', James had had 'had had'. 'had had' had had a better effect on the teacher", but inserting an adverbial clause between a subject and a verb still works.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

a more natural way to say it would be "while John had had 'had', James had had 'had had'. 'had had' had had a better effect on the teacher", but inserting an adverbial clause between a subject and a verb still works.

Well sure, if we just remove periods, dashes and semi/colons from sentences it gets a lot easier to string words together

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Even my natural "not not not not" had a comma in it

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think I blacked out for the first time in forever, and Miri and I might not be a merge and it's just lack of fronting on her end.

If there's one thing we all should've learned by this point, it's that you guys will only "be merged" if you believe you are, and if you keep thinking as if you're separate, then you will be.

Personally I'd steer away from that because the more complicated you make things, the worse (and the harder for people to relate to and give advice for)

Edit tho: whoops, didn't read your PR before writing this, but it probably still applies

Edited by Luminesce