[Game] Last one to post wins!

if you can objectively measure the wellbeing of the groups you care about, then morality is objective. such a thing would be difficult to measure, but in theory it seems possible

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 99.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• Bear

• Srn347

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I kind of agree though perhaps it is worth discussing in some contexts. At least to me, benefiting as many people as possible and harming as few as possible seems like the obvious thing for morality, but that seems to be a very uncommon belief, as such getting people to realize it seems worthwhile. After that it is just about discussing what benefits others and what harms others and the balance in all of that since the answer isn't always obvious. But I think the answer in general is to do the best one can do and not worry so much of what is truly right to some highest standard as that isn't fully ascertainable without omniscience kind of

idk though I am sleep deprived and running on 2 bangs, questionable life choices

Topic stimulated me though because have watched many youtube videos that had people discussing morality and i get confused by some of the things people say and am not sure how certain things can be genuinely believed

Creation for creation's sake.

(edited)

I find the "groups you care about" to be kind of strange, but perhaps it is kind of a thing. I can only think one is referring to whether one cares about the wellbeing of bacteria or something. I don't generally think about if my action is upsetting to them and do not know if they are capable of such but assume not. Assuming not could be bad though. I keep hearing that plants are more like us that we would think and have reactions similar to screaming when damaged among other things. It depends on what one thinks counts as being capable of suffering. I guess generally my group I care about is any entity capable of suffering, but I do not know truly how wide that is. It also depends on what care means, because I will have different reactions and behavior based on how far removed something is from me and other factors, but I at least nominally care to some degree. A human can only empathize so much and function though and worrying about even a small number of humans is exhausting so there are better ways to be skillful about it

Hope I sound like a human being my brain

I am being gaslighted about the definition of macaroni help

two friends come at me with idea that macaroni and cheese is better with pasta shells or other forms of pasta that isn't elbow pasta. to me a macaroni *is* the elbow pasta, which is why it is called macaroni and *cheese*, not just macaroni. as if you can replace the ***macaroni*** with some other pasta and still call it macaroni and cheese. at that point it is pasta shells and cheese, or something else. try to say i am unenlightened fool, but i swear they are the ones living in delusion. if it is not a tube pasta it is not a macaroni to me and i never thought anything else so what a shocking revelation if for some reason macaroni refers to pasta and cheese pairing

Edited by TB

1 minute ago, Gloomynoon said:

What

nothin lol

untitled43.gif.e7781b7f10b2e7d263fc6938c2160e94.gif

Does the macaroni have to only have cheese on it? If I put sauce on it, does it become spaghetti? What if I put meat chunks in my macaroni and cheese, is it still macaroni and cheese?

Your usual system, something, something. Not interesting. Tulpa is Jill right now.

Progress Report

groups that you care about is an over simplification really, I think it tends to be more degrees of groups that you care more or less about morally. humans generally all care about other humans somewhat, but some bigoted humans might care about those of certain ethnicities or whatever less than others, and most humans care about animals somewhat, but generally a lot less than they care about humans. and a social animal probably cares a lot more about those of it's own species than humans (unless it's domesticated or something)

I have always called elbow pasta macaroni

1 minute ago, Gloomynoon said:

Does the macaroni have to only have cheese on it? If I put sauce on it, does it become spaghetti? What if I put meat chunks in my macaroni and cheese, is it still macaroni and cheese?

is ketchup a smoothie?

-Me

(edited)

Macaroni and cheese started as such, but because that became such an ultra-massive staple in (american?) diets, the name "macaroni and cheese" became a name for the pasta and cheese dish, rather than a descriptor of what was actually in it

So when variations are made of it, we still default to the name "macaroni and cheese" because it's an obvious staple/reference point, as opposed to describing random food combinations we're not as familiar with

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

interesting questions and interesting answers

(edited)

no, macaroni comes from the italian word "maccherone", which means elbow pasta. macaroni and cheese originally meant elbow pasta and cheese

edit: I just realized, I misread what you said as being about the etymology of macaroni and not about possible semantic bleaching

Edited by Breloomancer

-Me