[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I have seen two dentists in the flesh, and they were both Indian men with strong accents. I can very hardly understand what my dentist says, which is fun when he has his hand in your mouth too. But all of the dental assistants have been white women with standard accents. So that's very much my stereotype of what dentists are. 

That was one of the only occasions I've had where everyone in the room was visibly confused about my gender, but also no one was addressing it, and the doctors and nurses were all individually flipping between pronouns and gendered terms and names from both sides of the aisle, sometimes within the same sentence. It was too much fun, and I had too many hoses in my mouth, to say anything.

That was when I was perhaps 14, after that they got the memo. There was no malice there- it just was funny to me, and I hope it was funny to them, they go home and go "Oh my god, we had this patient, I have no clue if it was a boy or a girl, I kept switching between saying "miss" and "sir", and when I heard the doctor say "sir", I switched to "sir", but then later he said "miss", so I went back to saying "miss", but then later he said "sir" again!" I'm sitting there like "garglegargle." 

It is better than, if you've ever seen someone so morbidly obese that it is very hard to tell their sex. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• Replies 151.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't seen a lot of people of professions who weren't white

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Insecure if I trained my own depression growing up partially by deliberately expecting the worst due to being afraid of disappointment. I remember how bad it felt to expect something to go well and for it to not, so I thought if I expect things to go poorly, that if it went well it would be great. It turns out that isn't experientially true, and I just heard some scientists actually explain how what I did deliberately is basically how the brain of a depressed person works. If that's the case I feel awful about myself

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

51 minutes ago, TB said:

If that's the case I feel awful about myself

this is ironic, like people apologizing for saying sorry too much

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

17 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

this is ironic, like people apologizing for saying sorry too much

I've been that person. My self-esteem issues have made me overly comfortable with failure and to fear success because it might not last or be real. I keep looking above my head for the other shoe to drop.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Yeah, but so do the problems that cause it