[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Drawing and languages are some of the main things I want to learn, and I know people have done that after 25 very well, so I'm not too worried if it is possible at all. It's just drawing in particular has been hard and anything that might make it harder would be awful. I don't really know what the effects of less plasticity and more stability is though. I feel a lot of my issues aren't related to that, so if that happens I don't know what differences I would notice if at all

I do wish my mind could have been far better before this age though. Any idea of the brain being harder to change while being so messed up is unfortunate. It doesn't really make sense to me though

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, YukariTelepath said:

The brain finishes development around age 25, but that doesn't mean you can't learn anything after that, geez. Try not to nocebo yourself into having a hard time doing stuff. The brain still has plasticity, it's just more stable which isn't a bad thing. 

I just meant I haven't felt it's been any more difficult to learn things at age 25 than when I was like 16. Maybe later

---

Oh and yes, I think tulpamancy (especially switching with tulpas who aren't like you) is likely very good for brain plasticity. The thing about neuroplasticity though is that remaining in comfort zones with things that used to be good for it won't have much effect. Yes, X thing is probably good for your brain plasticity, but you can't latch onto that activity as an excuse to stay in a new comfort zone. Doing new things is what's good for your brain.

Meditation is kind of a different category, here. Maybe the act of learning to meditate counts, at first, but long-term, meditation is simply good for your brain in a lot of ways. It's not something that really sees diminishing returns, it's more akin to working out - kind of the reverse of diminishing returns, it's more use it or lose it.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I saw michen recently on a completely unrelated forum. that was kinda funny. 

I go to get my ice skates today, wish me luck 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Lost my fighterz rank

The earth will never be the same

FhdjejfjcudjrbxhdjUHahdhdhejwir7

The end of the cosmos

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Unless the game's elo ranking is inflating because only good players are left or something, sometimes the rankings in a game are not static and kind of move around over time

Smash Ultimate, for (an inverse) example, now starts everyone out in the like millions or something, whereas when the game was newer I believe 1.9 million was the requirement to get into Elite Smash - it's about 9 million now due to the hugely increased playercount (and many, many more good players that came with it)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I did. I edited my message to say such but it told me that I wasn't allowed to edit again. I've never had that happen before. I didn't know there was an edit limit

And oh we posted at the same time. I am not sure what the ranks mean nowadays compared to release. I'm sure being living legend isn't as big a deal as it meant in season 1, which is the rank I am trying to acquire atm

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I edited 3 times, to add the 3 lines below the first one. I went to add another one and it said I couldn't anymore, though it didn't give a specific reasons. It said it had either been too long or too many edits, I assume the latter because I don't think it was that long, but if it was, I wonder what the time limit is

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko