[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

11 hours ago, TheImign said:

if me switching in reset the body back to it's natural state, then that would explain everything!

I wonder if the body's state didn't change, you just have a different mindset about the body and noticed things Bre chose to ignore. I am more conscientious about having a clean body and socially acceptable groomed appearance, so I am more likely to tend those needs. If our lips are chapped, I (was) more likely to apply lipstick (masks are quite the wonderful excuse to be lazy).

When I associate with the body during a switch, I am checking in with the body in the process and experiencing any aches and pains we would otherwise overlook. However, Gray has the same experience when he switches in.

11 hours ago, TheImign said:

language sucks! I'm glad that I have someone in my head so that I don't have to use it very often

I have mentioned this before, but we greatly struggle to communicate without language, which feels ironic on a deeper level. We struggle to understand abstract concepts in English, and when communicating in the mind raw thought is often lost or irrelevant. Our "telepathy" is limited to feelings we share and symbols we use, otherwise we speak a lot in the mind. It's bad enough that when a headmate is having trouble speaking, we can't understand them.

I don't disagree language has its problems and limitations, but without words we would struggle to understand our own thoughts.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ohItsMatt said:

So that is not a full switch - it's more of a "personality switch" like in did

I would be curious too. I recall you mentioning switching to a wonderland is an unnecessary step because it's just the imagination, but isn't that part of achieving a "full switch"?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

4 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm interested in what the other switching is exactly and how to do it, as the personality dissociation version of switching doesn't make me very happy. I would be made to believe other versions of switching, like blacking out while tulpa does stuff isn't physically possible, but if it is I would like to know about it

It is a doable thing but in my experience it requires full agreement and cooperation with your tulpa as well as a bunch of "skills" that need to be "mastered" before achieving it.

Many years ago that was the only way to switch - everything else was proxying or some sort of hybrid in between - changing personality when you "switch" is more of a proxying thing imho than a full switch - when I type something for Cheryl I usually feel her "presence" and her "way of talking" but that doesn't mean we are switched.

If you wanna research further you need to look up visualization practices, method of loci and parallel processing / dissociation.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I would be curious too. I recall you mentioning switching to a wonderland is an unnecessary step because it's just the imagination, but isn't that part of achieving a "full switch"?

It is technically unnecessary - that is if you have an understanding of what is going on in the first place - it was common to tell people to work on their wonderlands because that would allow  them to have a "safe space to go" when switching - if you know what you are doing you can technically just "black out" or even impose yourself in a 3D space (which I knew a couple people back then who could do it but I never attempted honestly)

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(edited)

Ah, I see.

I don't know if blacking out is much of an experience, I would assume that nothing terribly interesting happens to whoever does that. However, I have yet to achieve what others consider to be a parallel processing experience.

I'm not sure what real advantage there is to a "complete switch", I expect the switched-in fronter to struggle with the same amount of uncertainty over their identity and for whoever is in parallel to now be eating some of the fronter's resources. It may be fun to play around with, but I suspect being in parallel will remain very limited, even with more practice. As someone who needs to front, my main concern is issues with partial amnesia... assuming that's even possible.

Edited by Ranger

I used to have some memory issues back when I used to dwell into these things.

To me, it was more of an "achievement" than anything else - I saw others doing it so I wanted to do it myself.

It was all fun until I grew up and life accelerated, I didn't have time for myself let alone for things like that. Cheryl thankfully is very understanding of this, she has always taken the "sidekick" approach in my life and never requested anything more than respect as a person (needless to say, sometimes I'm dumb enough to even fail at that, believe it or not)

I always found it extremely interesting because it is kind of the upper limit of what you can do with your mind - unless you dwell into the paranormal but the things I look for are probably kept secret by a handful of tibetan monks on the mountains of China and they probably don't even speak English - you can't really research this stuff seriously online - too much misinformation, trolls and scammers.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Ranger said:

I'm not sure what real advantage there is to a "complete switch"

I feel there would be a lot of advantage. It seems they'd get to be themselves with 0 restriction, and I wouldn't be able to interfere or be bothered. Thing would be able to get done, where as now they cannot

13 hours ago, Ranger said:

I expect the switched-in fronter to struggle with the same amount of uncertainty over their identity

How could this be possible at all with that kind of switch? It seems it would literally make it impossible. The wishy washyness of personality dissociation seems to cause the identity issues and the concessions on what is possible while switched, where as this other kind seems like it would be limitless

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

3 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

So that is not a full switch - it's more of a "personality switch" like in did

don't even start

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

46 minutes ago, ohItsMatt said:

I always found it extremely interesting because it is kind of the upper limit of what you can do with your mind - unless you dwell into the paranormal but the things I look for are probably kept secret by a handful of tibetan monks on the mountains of China and they probably don't even speak English - you can't really research this stuff seriously online - too much misinformation, trolls and scammers.

Yeah it'd be great to know what real ascetics can do... I've failed to find anything online in the past

How difficult was it for you to achieve switching? I really want to have that kind of switching, but I also want it to be practical, so I don't know if it lacks possibility of consistency or if it can be done regularly. I also don't know if it will just take months, or if it takes many years, or if it is some other time frame, and the meaning of the time frame because it is hard for me to tell difference between not achieving it because I am doing things right but need more time, and not achieving it because I am doing something wrong and wasting my time

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

The only difference in switching and Ye Olde Ancients switching is that 2012'ers claim they can lucid-dream exist in their wonderland while they're switched out, parallel processing while their tulpa goes about normal activities. Otherwise, it's the same thing. (In concept - that doesn't mean any given person is accomplishing the exact same thing as anyone else)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.