[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

10 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

don't even start

chill out buddy, nobody wants to throw a fit on this

9 minutes ago, TB said:

How difficult was it for you to achieve switching? I really want to have that kind of switching, but I also want it to be practical, so I don't know if it lacks possibility of consistency or if it can be done regularly. I also don't know if it will just take months, or if it takes many years, or if it is some other time frame, and the meaning of the time frame because it is hard for me to tell difference between not achieving it because I am doing things right but need more time, and not achieving it because I am doing something wrong and wasting my time

It was very hard for me because I had no faith in me and my tulpa in the beginning and I think I also lacked the understanding of what goes on behind the scene. There's no set in stone method (like everything else in the tulpa community) so I suggest you create your own symbolism. 
How long it takes depends on you, could take days or years (like it took me) - depends on how much you want to achieve it - keep in mind there's also your tulpa in the equation so you need to be both in sync with it.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You immediately ninja'd me off the page, but the truth must be heard

2 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

The only difference in switching and Ye Olde Ancients switching is that 2012'ers claim they can lucid-dream exist in their wonderland while they're switched out, parallel processing while their tulpa goes about normal activities. Otherwise, it's the same thing. (In concept - that doesn't mean any given person is accomplishing the exact same thing as anyone else)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

lmao - "the truth" 

I already messaged an admin about you - I don't want to start a fight and TB can reach me out even if you try to shit up the conversation - no need to seek for this much attention buddy.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(edited)

Nothing wrong with you giving switching advice, it's no different from anyone else giving their own personal advice, just making sure people understand what 2012'ers consider "real switching"

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

If you think that what used to be switching and what is considered it nowadays are the same thing then I'm sorry, but you're just uneducated.

And if you think that it is some sort of elitism then you're wrong - I'm just stating a bit of history and trying to differentiate the two things to someone who was curious.

So far in my life there seems to be an unfortunate correlation between the more I want something, the less likely it is to happen

If 2012ers were doing the same kind of switching but with those claims, it seems like they would be a bunch of liars because I can't imagine how these two types of switching can be confused or mistaken as one another. They'd be such radically different experiences they shouldn't have the same name, unless I do not understand fully what they actually claimed. I do know it can be hard to understand what people really mean when they talk about tulpamancy subjects because of how ambiguous language will be

Anyway, intuitively a person to me is conscious experience, so that should be switching to the position of wonderland/dormancy/imposed space, and not the identity. There is a difference between, "the source of thoughts like mine are coming from where I perceive my tulpa to usually be" vs "I perceive my actual center of sensory experience to be wherever my tulpa used to be"

I don't know if that makes anyone understand what I mean. It is always so frustrating to talk about because I don't feel like it means to people what I intend it to mean. It has just been so bizarre how no one seems to have same idea of what they are and do not agree on implications on what any of the options for what they are mean

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)
17 minutes ago, TB said:

It has just been so bizarre how no one seems to have same idea of what they are and do not agree on implications on what any of the options for what they are mean

That's because no part of tulpamancy is "a real thing", every single bit of it is purely subjective custom experience for every single person. We're only as similar (or dissimilar) in our experiences as our words will convey, but the truth of how similar our experiences actually are is impossible to tell, at least until we develop mind-reading technology. And I think the world will have bigger revelations to worry about than tulpamancy, though I'd still love to see what's happening in other people's heads in tulpamancy too. It'd be crazy to me to find out most people actually do experience roughly the same things.

I have to assume switching is one of the most subjective experiences in tulpamancy after "having a tulpa" to begin with, and I can't imagine mind-reading others' experiences would not show you a somewhat different experience from person to person. But at least as far as words go, our switching, 2012'er switching, and honestly I think some people's "possession" all seem to be the same thing. I do see people who seem to experience "switching" differently from time to time too, though. You're one of them, unfortunately, but you already knew that. You've both experienced what I and most people would consider switching, and also what my best guess about is an incomplete? switch where your brain doesn't really switch you all the way out and just kind of mixes your sense of identity with Rena's.

But I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know if that's even close to what's going on there, and I don't have better advice for you than to keep trying. Because "Switch, but differently" sounds like an insurmountable task to recommend to someone.

Edited by Luminesce

20 minutes ago, TB said:

So far in my life there seems to be an unfortunate correlation between the more I want something, the less likely it is to happen

So the opposite of the law of attraction? lol

21 minutes ago, TB said:

They'd be such radically different experiences they shouldn't have the same name, unless I do not understand fully what they actually claimed.

No, you got it perfectly right. Keep in mind that nowadays we live in a very hugboxy inclusive world and the tulpa community itself isn't what it used to be as well.

23 minutes ago, TB said:

It is always so frustrating to talk about because I don't feel like it means to people what I intend it to mean.

I think I get what you mean. How you perceive it is key in deciding if you will be able to do it or not.

Some host + tulpas might start their "tulpamancy" career with the concept that a tulpa is a mere personality (yikes) and that a wonderland is an unnecessary thing. It is a free world but to even be interested into certain things you have to broaden your perspective a little.

Have you got a wonderland/mindspace? What do you think your tulpa is doing when you are not focused on eachother? These are key questions to start imho.

20 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I do see people who seem to experience "switching" differently from time to time too, though. You're one of them, unfortunately, but you already knew that.

Oh, I thought you experienced both things too? That after a while your mental habits kind of infected your switched in tulpas? Though very recently you said switching is blank slate for you still it seems, so I am confused. I thought I just had worse mental habits which caused higher need for me to have the first kind of switch, which I thought was also a thing you didn't do anymore, I guess because of lack of need

Also about the not agreeing on things and implications, I meant idea of what they are as a person, but it does apply to tulpamancy in general as well. They seem to go hand in hand and disagreements on what constitutes being a person I think is where disagreements on tulpamancy seem to maybe come from

15 minutes ago, ohItsMatt said:

Some host + tulpas might start their "tulpamancy" career with the concept that a tulpa is a mere personality (yikes) and that a wonderland is an unnecessary thing. It is a free world but to even be interested into certain things you have to broaden your perspective a little.

Yeah... I don't want to accept my tulpa is just a personality. That is definitely not the assumption I had when I got into all of this. Though from what I see, most people here consider personality to be all that they are as far as I can tell, where as I find that very uncomfortable

16 minutes ago, ohItsMatt said:

Have you got a wonderland/mindspace? What do you think your tulpa is doing when you are not focused on eachother?

I do but I haven't been there in a while. I used to think she did whatever she wanted in wonderland when I didn't have her next to me, but from my interactions on this forum, it seemed to be evident that is apparently not possible, so I am not sure what she did or does. I've experienced a lot of disillusionment the past few years, and it has made tulpamancy a very painful struggle

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

3 minutes ago, TB said:

Though from what I see, most people here consider personality to be all that they are as far as I can tell, where as I find that very uncomfortable

Same, which is why I tend to reappear in the community every couple years, only to leave in disappointment and try again a couple years later

4 minutes ago, TB said:

but from my interactions on this forum, it seemed to be evident that is apparently not possible

Never let people here tell you what you can or can't do. It is indeed possible but its a lost art in nowadays community where walk ins and fronting are the main topics.

How old is your tulpa? Does she talk?