[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

(edited)

and green greens is a song from kirby

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)
On 5/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, BearBaeBeau said:

I want blues other than or in addition to blueberries

[Blue] I appreciate the thought, but I'll pass on being a snack

Edited by Blue Shadow

Hiya! Name's Blue, I'm a tulpa from the Shadow System. I have a lot of energy and I like to talk. A lot.

Gray/Cat is the original host, Ranger is basically another host.

I have invested our spare money into the S&P 500, I believe this is a wise financial decision ehem-hmm yes

(our friend helped us figure out a good thing to invest some money we weren't doing anything with since I mentioned maybe putting a small amount of money into each of the different crypto's Coinbase lets you invest it, and he said instead the S&P 500 is basically the best safe thing we could do)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

(edited)

I wanted to read a manga, but I looked in 3 different places and found 3 different translations and now I don't know which one to read. maybe I should just try to read all 3 at once so that I can compare them

it's weird that there are at least 3 translations though. normally there would be the fan translation made first and then later there would be an official translation, resulting in at most 2 translations. but here there was already a fan translation, but someone decided to make another translation, and I have to wonder why that was. maybe the first one was really bad? or maybe one of them doesn't go all the way to the end? or maybe one of the groups was just too slow?

official translations tend to be more consistent and of higher quality than fan translations, but they also try to be professional about it, and I always like a certain amount of unprofessionality in translations. I always like it where there are translators notes complaining about how something was hard to translate, because it tells me something about the work and the language that it is being translated from and the person who is translating it. professionals have this idea that they should be as invisible as possible so that you forget that what your reading wasn't originally in english, but it's not a bad thing that a work wasn't originally in english, and trying to make a translation invisible just puts on unnecessary limitations. sometimes when you are reading a translated work you will see a pun, and you know that it had to have been something different originally, since puns are almost never directly translatable while maintaining the pun, but there is no translators note, so you can't know what it was originally. translators notes allow you to get much closer to experiencing the original work without speaking the language it was in, and therefore should be used liberally

anyway, I'll probably just read the translation that has the best typesetting, since that is the only factor that immediately stands out as different between the 3

is "your bow is askew" or "your tie is crooked" better prose? the first one sounds much more sophisticated, but I don't know if that is what they are going for or not

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

"your bow is askew" sounds like they were really just trying to translate it, whereas "your tie is crooked" sounds like they actually intended to localize

the "your bow is askew" translation likes to use big words it seems. the other two translations are much more similar to each other though

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Well this is a switch. Jaina is super sleepy and I'm the awake one. She must be more of a day person.

Jaina: 😴

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]