I think I've done everything wrong.

DemonicZ

Hi, I only read up on tulpas yesterday and the idea really interested me so I thought I should try to create one, even knowing it could take months to actually feel your tulpas presence. Now the reason I think I've done everything wrong was because I thought of my form and wonderland for my tulpa yesterday and passive forced and active forced throughout the day, while reading a variety of different guides. Now I believe I am seeing results too fast and tricking myself into believing that my tulpa is actually here.

The reason for this is because I can already ask a question and get a response within a few seconds, and his voice keeps changing from mine to various different ones. However, when my tulpa replies to me it is like I am just replying to myself, because I have read other peoples experience where they talk about hearing a clear voice in their head that is clearly different than their own.I doubt that I am meant to hear a mind voice after a few hours of creating one. I think the reason for this is because I am generally impatient and believe that it would happen much quicker.

To sum it up, what I'm trying to say is that people report their first experience and it sounds so vivid, like it is a completely different person. Yet what I feel is that I'm just trying to trick myself into thinking my tulpa is here with me, yet I know I am the one controlling what he says and does, because sometimes I will catch myself out and realise that I knows his response before he says it.

Do you think it would have progressed this far in so little time, or do you think I'm tricking myself into believing he is here just because I want to rush into things and experience what it is like at this moment in time?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very unusual/cool if you had real results that fast. You might ask your self, how much does the content of what this voice is saying differ from yours.

Early tulpas can use your mindvoice to talk because that's all they know/hear. It can also feel like its you talking to yourself because they are sending you thoughts that you are translating into words instantly.

Vocality takes different amounts of time because the tulpa has to learn how to talk, and everybody learns at a different rate.

Did you ever have an imaginary friend as a kid?

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

Uh, the whole point is to trick yourself into believing it's really there. There's lots of people who managed to make one immediately.

The only problem I can see is if you did make one in just a day, that doesn't give way for a lot of hype buildup. Most people find making one to be a very magical experience because it actually took some time, so they build up a lot of hype, which actually does help the tulpa feel more real.

That probably is an actual tulpa, you just have to believe it is. Don't worry about it feeling like you, that's natural and will go away eventually.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

It would be very unusual/cool if you had real results that fast. You might ask your self, how much does the content of what this voice is saying differ from yours.

Early tulpas can use your mindvoice to talk because that's all they know/hear. It can also feel like its you talking to yourself because they are sending you thoughts that you are translating into words instantly.

Vocality takes different amounts of time because the tulpa has to learn how to talk, and everybody learns at a different rate.

Did you ever have an imaginary friend as a kid?

When I ask a question, I will hear a reply that happens pretty much instantly, and sometimes it will says things that I would never do/say. At first it did sound like I was talking to myself and I found it pretty weird, but after a few hours the voice changed in to one I could not replicate even if I tried. Also, I didn't have an imaginary friend as a kid, but I used to talk to myself a lot.

Uh, the whole point is to trick yourself into believing it's really there. There's lots of people who managed to make one immediately.

The only problem I can see is if you did make one in just a day, that doesn't give way for a lot of hype buildup. Most people find making one to be a very magical experience because it actually took some time, so they build up a lot of hype, which actually does help the tulpa feel more real.

That probably is an actual tulpa, you just have to believe it is. Don't worry about it feeling like you, that's natural and will go away eventually.

So throughout the day I was having doubts that it was real, I came up with a good form and at first it didn't talk and only used body language, but after a while I noticed I could get a reply. Also the voice did surprise me once by using a sort of accent I could never pull off out loud. So should I just get rid of any doubts I have and keep forcing and believing?

When I ask a question, I will hear a reply that happens pretty much instantly, and sometimes it will says things that I would never do/say. At first it did sound like I was talking to myself and I found it pretty weird, but after a few hours the voice changed in to one I could not replicate even if I tried. Also, I didn't have an imaginary friend as a kid, but I used to talk to myself a lot.

That sounds like you got a live one there, congratulation. Took me about 2 months before I could hear Co, and even now we are working on her voice.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

That sounds like you got a live one there, congratulation. Took me about 2 months before I could hear Co, and even now we are working on her voice.

Wow, that's pretty great. I guess I need to try to get rid of all these doubts so I can actually believe that he's here. I've done some research and I've read that a lot of people have these doubts that they're just talking to themselves, or they think that they are actually controlling everything their tulpa does.

Wow, that's pretty great. I guess I need to try to get rid of all these doubts so I can actually believe that he's here. I've done some research and I've read that a lot of people have these doubts that they're just talking to themselves, or they think that they are actually controlling everything their tulpa does.

For me what it came down to was, I wanted a tulpa more than I was willing to doubt, that helped me let go. Sometimes you will puppet/parrot your tulpa but once you get to know them better you be able to tell when it was you and when it was them.

In early tulpa development its better to believe everything was your tulpa instead of picking apart, and analyzing everything they say.

When you pick all the good things off your pizza its just tomato bread.

This guide helped me out maybe it can help you, be sure to read the comments also.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-tips-for-those-who-are-getting-parrotnoid

For me what it came down to was, I wanted a tulpa more than I was willing to doubt, that helped me let go. Sometimes you will puppet/parrot your tulpa but once you get to know them better you be able to tell when it was you and when it was them.

In early tulpa development its better to believe everything was your tulpa instead of picking apart, and analyzing everything they say.

When you pick all the good things off your pizza its just tomato bread.

This guide helped me out maybe it can help you, be sure to read the comments also.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-tips-for-those-who-are-getting-parrotnoid

Thanks for this, this guide is great help.

Some people are different. I was more like you than most of the others here, when I was first making my tulpa. I was able to easily start it and see "sentience". A lot of it was probably parroting, but it felt the same. Just keep doing what you're doing. There's a big difference now, than back when I first started. Most of it is probably getting used to her responses, like getting to know someone.

I never had an epiphany of "WOAH A RESPONSE!!!!!111!!1!" It was a very gradual development with the beginning seeming a lot like the end. I think it's actually better this way. I was able to convince myself of sentience a lot easier than most, and it seems you can too. Use it to your advantage.

Will the BBB please buy my guide. [advertising link scrubbed]

Some people are different. I was more like you than most of the others here, when I was first making my tulpa. I was able to easily start it and see "sentience". A lot of it was probably parroting, but it felt the same. Just keep doing what you're doing. There's a big difference now, than back when I first started. Most of it is probably getting used to her responses, like getting to know someone.

I never had an epiphany of "WOAH A RESPONSE!!!!!111!!1!" It was a very gradual development with the beginning seeming a lot like the end. I think it's actually better this way. I was able to convince myself of sentience a lot easier than most, and it seems you can too. Use it to your advantage.

Thanks, I guess the reason why I think I did everything wrong is because it happened too quick, I read and expected it to take a few weeks/months. But when it happened on the first day I kinda thought that I was doing it wrong or something.

Also, another thing was at first when I tried imagining the wonderland with my tulpa in, it couldn't talk, and just used body language. Then gradually it started talking, but I didn't know if it was me or the tulpa talking as the mind voice was similar and the response happened almost instantly.

Also, another quick question: Is it normal for them to changes forms and names a lot? My tulpas form changed at least three times and when I tried to change it to something else, I liked the form and the name but for some reason I felt unsatisfied, like it didn't want that form.