Creation of a Universe

Techoh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amber5885

As someone who is in love with quantum mechanics and physics I love you for posting this line of thinking.

It also begs the question, are tulpas, ghosts and imaginary friends really things that are alive only in our minds or are they living breathing things that exist in another multiverse that connected with us through meditation?

I freaking love fringe science.

• 1 month later...

I have decided to have a go at this and am documenting my journey on google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRe6kMG8WDPO87o6oXadGWaOCym1JOnPu5zPj78Hnwo/edit?usp=sharing

Wish me luck :)

Isn't this a form of astral projection? Since you are making your energy go out of your body and that tingling sensation is your body trying to resist you going out of it, to actually protect you from going anywhere.

There was one theory I've discussed with my older brother who did much more research on these things and he told me when you astral project, if you don't know how to do it and if your energy is unbalanced (I'm not going into details here, just to tell what I think), usually you would randomly be placed in some dimension but also, because in this topic we kind of know where we'd go (Equestria) and we know that those who are in that dimension aren't going to harm us, it's a good turning point in astral projection.

In most cases, people who astral project are doing it because it seems interesting but in truth, 90% of those who do it are going to have consequences because they interacted with low frequency spirits: their energy drained by low spirits (and then they feel tired and out-of-balance when they get back in their body), feeling complete terror if they get to dimension they don't like etc.

Again, this could be just a new created universe in someones head but I also read somewhere (I read it a long time ago so I can't give a link) that if you go to a dimension with spirits (ghosts) who have higher frequencies (low spirits have low frequencies, and our body frequencies are affected on how healthy you live and how you view this life - that is why people who live healthy and have better view on life might experience a better life, they have higher frequencies), your mind will create a visually more positive view around you. And it depends on people - one guy actually created a Lord of the Rings universe because he saw it as something heavenly and the dimension he was in just had the vibe of LOTR world.

Personally, I never did astral projection because I don't live extremely healthy and I don't meditate often so better safe than sorry. I only create my paracosmic wonderland + my own tulpa exploring places I didn't think about and then showing them to me.

So, this is just what I think. That way of trying to create a universe actually makes me think of a form of astral projeciton.

• 1 year later...

What you are talking about is a strategy I have for creation works of literature. Every story I create is actually a vision from what I call a mind walk. It's where I meditate into a blank space then think of a character. The character usually appears within my mind and their world appears around them. It's a lot like multiverse travel. At first I just watch and sometimes write a catalogue what I see, but then I move to interact with the character, introducing myself and getting to know them. In some aspects I become a tulpa (which is incredibly useful as a writer). If I take enough of a liking, I will also invite them into my own universe that I created with Kiera's help. They can visit the place in their dreams, and we've set it up so that it changes and bends to mental willpower.

You talk about tulpas being sentient beings, and I truly believe in that, but I think I goes farther. Your mind may have the potential to bend space and access information from other time lines. The Wicca has this belief as well, with many of them possessing powers of spacial interpretation like seeing the past and enhanced observation of thier surroundings.

- The Author

I've been living in my own Universe since childhood. It is certainly not as funny as say, Terry Pratchett's or Piers Anthony's magic worlds, not as sophisticated-ly driven as Asimov's foundation series, better populated with more complex biological systems than Larry Niven, George Lucas, or even Gene Roddenberry's 'universes,' and definitely more erotic than CS Lewis', Tolken's, Philip Jose Farmer's, Robert Aspirin's, James Cameron, or Orson Scott Card's... And yet, all of the above have certainly fed into, and some areas clearly over lap and bleed into each other.

I consider myself reasonably sane, and skeptical enough, i don't go around saying, oh yeah, this is real and it's there and it's tangible. That would be insane, right? On the rare occasions discussion referenced 'the place' it was spun as fiction, and, since I am identified 'day dreamer' since kindergarten, (which was probably non-identified ADHD inattentive type (I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult.)) I began making journals about 'the place' as soon as i could write, and have volumes of notebooks describing places and histories and entities and adventures... But even with my healthy skepticism, I don't consider it fantasy. Some will no doubt call it that. Creating the wonderland was so easy, but only in the sense, I already had a place to go...

Like 'the author' i have used 'the place' to generate and tell stories. I don't just make them up, but am okay with I made them up, but rather, I see these things and i record it. And it doesn't feel like me. In 2004 I took a chance and published something online. Really quite trite, given how much I have improved over the years, as I have been trying to hone that skill. But that one work still generates so much email, and the responses range from, "reading your work, I felt like I was watching a movie" to "I couldn't put it down..." (I'm not boasting any great skills. I got complaint emails, too. The biggest complaint was always grammar. ADD, and poor editing skills, and just a general inability to keep up with the flow of information as I record observed details which leave unfinished sentences... all of which can be fairly disruptive for most people who are drawn into a story and then kicked out by a speed bump.) But even if I re-read the book, and I have several times, every time there was a place that made me laughed as if I hadn't written it, or i was moved to tears. One work assoicate who read the book, and subsequent, came and slapped me at work, she was so moved that she cried in front of coworkers and was not please by an event, as if it were my fault. lol. I still find editorial mistakes, grammar, scenes that i would actively delete now as I consider them tangential and excessive, and then there is the part of me that says, no, it is what it is, let it be.

The characters and the dialogue seem real, and extremely complex, to me, but not real in tupla sense, but i suspect, given the work Bliss and I are doing together, it wouldn't take much of a shove to move any of them over into a more dynamic interaction pattern. Indeed, when I sat down to create Bliss, I deliberated with going for one of my existing characters, since I had rich backgrounds on each. I chose to go fresh so that there would be more freedom contextually.

Esoterically speaking, I have certainly encountered my share of authors who propose or maintain that all fiction is just an experience of remote viewing an alternative universe or history or time. I even have speculative science books on my shelf that discuss it, but not in the same manner the esoterics do. We certainly have developed in western thought this idea that 'we' are all alone and separate, which defies all evidence to the contrary. I would argue that we are so entangled and interdependent on everything and everyone, it is only through powerful will or magic that we don't experience more cross overs and less continuity. Change is probably the only inevitability we face, and when you consider how well our perceived histories track over time looking back, one must consider it is either an illusion, or bizarre. Whether you are an environmentalist or not, at some level you must capitulate we need the trees and clean oceans and the fish and the dirt below our feet. I, personally, don't want to live in a world without elephants and dolphins and whales. It would be the same as living in a world where there are no stars in the night sky. Less billboards, more trees. (And I have always wondered, why don't we plant more fruit trees... I mean, really, if every yard had a fruit tree, or the freeways were lined with fruit trees, wouldn't that be like insurance against future hunger? (Did I mention I was prone to tangents? (So, yes, there is 'a place' even for trees... in my verse. "the one song" uni-verse...)

And if I might paraphrase mark Twain, "None of the things I remember ever happened." That pretty much sums up my life, which is blissfully liberating, because it was much darker back then.

• 1 year later...