Can the form be anything?

QwerKi

So I'm having difficulty coming up with a form that I like and hopefully my tulpa likes. So I was thinking, if I made the form an egg could I let the tulpa develop from there and change it on its own? That way it would be able to have any look and I will let it choose that form.

Another question about this is: Will it hinder progress if it changes form from egg to something else? What I'm trying to say is that if I force for a few hours, talking about personality and form etc, will it not change since it is used to that form? I don't want it to be an egg forever, but I still want it to choose its own form. Thanks.

Letting the tulpa choose its own form is a route that many choose. It's fine to make the form an egg until the tulpa can change it on its own, it's something I've heard done before.

No, it won't hinder the progress at all for the tulpa to change from one form to the next. The most it would do is bring slight difficulty in learning to visualize the new form rather than the egg. There is a good chance that if you don't want the form to stay an egg forever and you believe that the tulpa won't want this either, it will have the desire to change it.

Letting the tulpa choose its own form is a route that many choose. It's fine to make the form an egg until the tulpa can change it on its own, it's something I've heard done before.

No, it won't hinder the progress at all for the tulpa to change from one form to the next. The most it would do is bring slight difficulty in learning to visualize the new form rather than the egg. There is a good chance that if you don't want the form to stay an egg forever and you believe that the tulpa won't want this either, it will have the desire to change it.

Thanks for this, I now understand. That's was mostly what I was worried about, trying to learn the new form and having to visualize it all again.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, the form can be anything, and changing it can only hinder progress if the new form is harder for you to visualize. Initial forms don't matter too much, countless people use an orb of some sorts as a form for a nonvocal tulpa.