Questions...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Few question about various things and please only answer if you really know...

1.Can tulpas be used to change a negative mindset to positive one?if so then how?

2.How can tulpas really be used in studies?

3.How to make a tulpa happy?(just wondering)

4.Can switching be done without sensory deprevation?if so then how?

5.How to impose a detailed tulpa?

I'll tackle the first 3. The last two I don't have enough information on to have an opinion.

1.Can tulpas be used to change a negative mindset to positive one?if so then how?

This is dependent on why a person is negative to begin with. Most people that devote time towards making a tulpa are typically lacking in a lot of social areas. That's not to say that they're some hermit living in a proverbial cave, just that they don't really seem to do well in groups larger than 2 and that they lean more towards the introverted lifestyle.

Today's western society puts a lot of pressure on the individual to be charismatic, outgoing, respected, well spoken, and a slew of other things that don't necessarily come naturally to some. We all know from our high school (or school equivalent) of the kids that kept to themselves, spoke little, and perhaps had an off color hobby that alienated them further. But they were also probably well liked by your teachers and they maintained good grades, if not the best.

Should they develop a tulpa it could help them flex their social muscles a bit as they're now "forced" to interact with something(someone?) other than their own thoughts. It might also be a somewhat healthy distraction and give them passion they may have been lacking before hand. These things might lift them up into a positive mindset although there are other ways of doing this other than with a tulpa.

This is tricky because we don't really have the means to do what we would have to in order to prove how a tulpa affects the host. Brain mapping and EKG's can only go so far as determining a person's physical state of their brain, not necessarily what is going on inside a person's head.

Studies we could do right now would probably involve memory recollection, speed of decision making, chemical (im)balances, and perhaps IQ. Single witness testimonials would raise scientific eyebrows so until we're able to crack open a person's mind and visually see what's happening inside of it, we're stuck with what we can test: Physical states.

Happiness is one of those terms that everyone has a different definition for. Typically a tulpa will mirror whatever particular mood you're in regardless of whether you wish it to be otherwise. So the easy way to do it would to simply have the host be happy and the tulpa will follow suit. Happiness is a worthy goal but remember, happiness is just one end of the spectrum and making decisions based upon your mood will have as much effect on them as whether you're happy or sad. (See question 1.)

To give an answer, make your tulpa happy by acknowledging it and spending time with it like you would any other close friend or family.

The most terrifying thing about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent. In the vast darkness we must supply our own light.

3. It's dependent on the tulpa. They may share the same emotion, or you may just have to find something they like. Very similar to a normal person.

Name: Moondust

Personality: Quiet, kind, and loving

Name: Feather

Personality: Respectful, Pleasant, Honorable, Shy

Name: Xeoburn

Personality: Sarcastic and rude, but still friendly

Guest Anonymous

No. Doing that would only force responsibilities on them that they can't live up to. At best, you'd be convinced that your tulpa made you feel better and that would make you feel better, but it's nothing you can't do yourself. See a psychologist if you want a better mindset.

They can tell you to stop being lazy and relying on them for studies that you can do on your own. Once again, don't force responsibilities on them. Tulpas are not tools.

How to make a person happy?

4.Can switching be done without sensory deprevation?if so then how?

You should really learn what switching is.

5.How to impose a detailed tulpa?

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-mary-and-m-s-starting-imposition-guide

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-ned-s-leash-imposition-guide

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-guide-to-imposition-controlled-hallucinations-touch

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-jd-s-guide-to-visual-imposition-image-heavy

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-imposition-via-photos

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-visualization-tulpa-anatomy

You could've figured out all these questions on your own if you really wanted to.

Guest Anonymous

Raxter and azure thanks.

Tess (I can feel you irritation or annoyance leaking out of your words sorry..hahaha)every question asked by people on this forum can be found by themselves but to make things easier they ask I wanted a direct answer thats why I asked.

1.I was thinking that if I can create a tulpa with positive mindset then it may be able to make my mind positive also.(you don't know how many books and articles I have read on that I think I have knowledge equal to a psychiatrist on this topic).

2.I have read on every post here where they talk about advantages that tulpas can be used for studies but I haven't found the exact manner in how they can help.

3.Just as I said just wondering...

And tulpa can be like people but they are not people so I was just looking for ways in which "tulpa" can be made happy.

4.I know what switching is actually I don't personally beleive that switching is possible(sorry if it is possible don't mean to offend anyone).I was just thinking wether there are more than one ways to do it.

5.I believe imposing a detailed tulpa and that is a tulpa with complex hairstyle,fancy accessories and form is too difficult than a tulpa who is an animated character or an animal and I was thinking if you guys had any tips on that.

They can tell you to stop being lazy and relying on them for studies that you can do on your own. Once again, don't force responsibilities on them. Tulpas are not tools.

This comment I may pm you about later since I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind one part of it.

1.I was thinking that if I can create a tulpa with positive mindset then it may be able to make my mind positive also.(you don't know how many books and articles I have read on that I think I have knowledge equal to a psychiatrist on this topic).

Let's keep it humble, CH666. Conflict and opposing ideas are what let us know that our opinions are valid and worthwhile. Sometimes we need someone to be a bit poignant about things to keep us from going too far down the rabbit hole of our own mindsets. If you don't think you need to see a psychologist / psychiatrist about your mental state, then don't. If you want your tulpa to help you improve your mood, then be upfront about it with them. Maybe they would actually want to help (and not feel like they're being pressured into responsibilities) if you go about it tactfully.

Post note, what specific books have you come across? I've only been able to collect 4 nonfiction books on the topic and it's becoming even harder to find information about tulpas outside of this community. Send me a pm when you can.

5.I believe imposing a detailed tulpa and that is a tulpa with complex hairstyle,fancy accessories and form is too difficult than a tulpa who is an animated character or an animal and I was thinking if you guys had any tips on that.

Depends on how good your memory is, I think. Vigil is currently quite easy to impose since he's basically a phantom or a spectre so it's not too difficult to think of a black wispy mass in a vaguely human shape. It's your tulpa. Make a decision you feel is about it's form and then go from there, if you're not content or become wishy-washy about it then take steps to remedy it. It's not like you have to make a permanent decision right now and be "trapped" with a certain form. Obviously the simpler the form the easier it is to "remember" what it looks like. I would suggest not having an anime character unless you want your tulpa to actually BE that character.

Start easy, then add things like earrings, hair style, clothes, whatever. There's no rush or anything so you can take your time with it. You SHOULD take your time with imposition.

The most terrifying thing about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent. In the vast darkness we must supply our own light.

Guest Anonymous

Raxter the books I was talking about were simple books on positive thinking,anti-worrying etc not tulpa related(I was replying to tess about that "psychatrist to change mindset" comment).

However,Jose silva's "contacting the other side" includes creating tulpa like beings called counsellers to help in problem solving and things like that.