Your Wonderland design?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A grassy flat mountain protruding out of an ocean. Near the northern edge there's a monolith shaped like a triangular prism with a circular pavement around it.

On the side that's facing north, there's a single word carved in - "Tulpa". It's there to remind me of why I created it in the first place.

On the side facing the sun there's a marian star engraved into it, as the mark of my tulpa. It glows when she's present with me in wonderland, just because.

The third side has the words "Tabula rasa" carved in it. Those words are there to remind me to clean my thoughts every time I force my tulpa.

Usually I also imagine some benches around the monolith, to get comfy with my tupper, or a bench near the cliff to watch the sea.

article-2153625-1366AE65000005DC-73_964x568.jpg.4c481a5fd494b65f5ae82b01f60e7da7.jpg

This is sort of how it looks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so Cutesy wants me to talk about our wonderland. She thinks it'll make me less uncomfortable and self-conscious about it.

I met my tulpas a few years before I ever thought that constructing a wonderland was possible. Then I got involved with a cult, and they showed me how to build spaces on what they called the Astral, or Dreaming.

Our place is in the Deep Dreaming, where reality is most malleable. It's easily influenced by the thoughts and feelings and dreams of anyone and everyone. It's mostly chaos, really. But there's a part of me, Gale, who lives there and belongs there, so he makes sure everything is safe and consistent.

It's pretty much a large, stately-style home in even larger gardens. There's... nine of us, so we need a bit of space! The downstairs has a large living room with a TV, sofas, a dining area and open fire. Then there's a games room, kitchen, underground den (as in hole dug into the ground), and a study/drawing room. There's stables and a garage there, too. The upstairs has apartments, one for each of us. Each has a bedroom, living room, and bathroom. And the library is upstairs. There's a glass observatory and one wing is a castle, because Anne wanted to live in a castle. There's also stables and a garage.

The grounds are less well-defined. There's a waterfall and a river, a kitchen garden, a forest, and lots of open space. We're all animals of one description or another, so we like a lot of space to run around in.

I guess I've always felt a bit weird about it because it's kind of grandiose, and that says things about me. I mean, you can create any place you want and no matter what you create, it'll say things about you, right? And I have this huge stately manor and gardens... Anyway, that's where we live when we're not here. Everyone's done their own things with their apartments. Cutesy's is mostly stacks of DVDs and games (she keeps saying she's going to make some shelves for them...), and now punchbags. Mine has sunshine yellow walls and a carpet you sink half-a-foot into.

Well, we don't have a "wonderland", but we do have a Headspace. Our headspace is based off of two main structures, The Hotel and The City. The Hotel is in the north and the City is in the south. Surrounding the two is various enviorments that go around clockwise: dessert, tundra, rain forest, moutains, temprid forest and an ocean. We also have two structures we use as our fronting buildings, the Lighthouse for the hotel side and the Windmill for The Cityside.

-Samari

The main part of our wonderland is a large island with a forest in the centre with our house(where we do most ofour forcing) in a clearing. Across the clearing is a cave partially hidden behind a waterfall which falls in to a pond which is the source of the river which runs behind our house to the ocean. In the south of the island the rivers meet and split the land into three small islands which are home to the port towns of Onip Duoat and Portri which we use to travel to the mainland where the majority of the non-tulpa population live as well as to go on adventures. In the north of the island there is a mountain range surrounding a lake which feeds the second river on the island on the bank of this lake lies the town of Sylver where we spend time when we want out of the house but dont want to leave the island. Across the river which flows from the lake lies the highlands a hilly area which at the moment is largely unexplored

" Just because I don't exist in your world, that doesn't mean that I'm not real." Mason

" Everyone needs friends, not all friends are human." Della

" Am I real? I think so..." Sha'Rek

"Hello...." Ember

I met my tulpas a few years before I ever thought that constructing a wonderland was possible. Then I got involved with a cult, and they showed me how to build spaces on what they called the Astral, or Dreaming.

That's interesting. Do they have any publications on it?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

That's interesting. Do they have any publications on it?

Well, the belief system was structured around 3rd edition (and some 2nd ed.) World of Darkness. Not only the core books, but the half-a-billion suppliments too.

In order to consciously access the Astral (which is kind of like the Collective Unconscious, or the Fade if you've ever played the Dragon Age games), you need to be Awakened. Once you are, it's not unlike building a Wonderland (from what I know of it). Find an undeveloped spot of surreal estate, and shape it by any sustained act of creativity--roleplaying, writing, mediation, etc.

I think the difference between surreal estate and a Wonderland is that stuff from the outside can come in on the Astral. Stuff from other people's dreams, thoughts, or things living on the Astral that maybe inspired stories in our world or were maybe created by stories in our world. And you need to put something of yourself into the Astral to shape it. A bit of your soul, for want of a better word. I've also found that the Astral has a grain, like wood. You can make anything you like, but it's far easier and more beautiful if you work with the grain.

It does mean that you can run into other people's tulpas, especially if their creators don't know about them or have abandonded them. One of mine, Belle, turned up on our doorstep one day and wanted to stay. And it also means that other Awakened people can visit your particular piece of the Astral. A couple of my partners host incrediably lavish parties in their castle once in a while.

Not everything on the Astral is purely a thoughtform. Even those that are were made from surreal estate and so exist outside of their creator to an extent. Tulpology seems like a cousin to what I do. But hey, when you've spent the last fifteen years thinking you've got no family at all, finding some is wonderful!

• 1 month later...

My wonderland, the main entry point for me, anyway, is a cliffside. It's filled with rather dry grass and there are small rocks all over the ground which I usually pick up to increase my connection to it. (Meaning I 'feel' the rocks between my fingers when I pick them up.) Beneath the sheer drop of the cliff there are many trees and a river that snakes through the land. This cliffside is located in a fairly mountainous area.

Turning around and walking away from the cliff you'll reach a meadow filled with colorful flowers of undefined species. (I know nothing about plants, but Lucy seems to like them since she put a purple one in her hair.) To the right is a large forest deep within which lies a cabin. I haven't visited it and Lucy has the only key. The cabin contains a book in which are all my memories. My subconscious knowledge is stored in a chest behind it.

To the left of the meadow, on its edge, is a house. It's built entirely from wood and I only constructed it today because I felt guilty about not having a house. I also decided to let time flow on the cliffside because it was always just a sunny day. Now I'm just letting it go along with the actual time in the real world so Lucy can experience some of it.

I'll probably visit the rest of the mountain range at some point in the future. For now, I find it difficult enough to truly immerse myself in it.

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)

I prefer not to call it a wonderland, mainly because it's more of a testing and adventure facility rather than where I visualize and interact with Jenna on a personal basis. That and I find the term wonderland kind of silly. Mindscape sounds awesome to me though. XD

The primary mindscape is just my room. There's nothing outside my doors. It's nothing special.

Then there's the grid. A giant Tron style grid surrounded by a forest we call "Outworld."

We basically just make things out of the grid rather than having places or things just appear. It seems to be more effective in cementing them in place.

We've yet to explore Outworld so we don't know what goes on there.

As far as buildings there's a tower with a pool near the base. That's about it.

There's random geometry around where Jenna experimented with creating things. A plush chair where I had her sit when I first started forcing. There's the hub where there's a selection of doors that lead to different environments. Don't think there's anything else, if I remember I'll let you guys know.

The grid actually weird because death is just a viable outcome for experimentation rather than a consequence for messing something up. Me and Jenna both have died repeatedly doing stupid things like flinging heavy objects around, trying to fly with no viable way to do so, my mind had a spontaneous retard moment and I shot her. No context behind that, a gun formed itself in my hand and I shot her. But the bodies get absorbed by the grid and turn into a usable material.

We've had fun messing around and experimenting with the physics and laws that the 'scape goes by.

• 1 month later...

So I was just wondering what everyone's Wonderland looks like. Big, small, colorful, normal, fantasy, etc. to name a new ideas. Mine is all purple and bubbly, really purple because Usagi loves purple and incredibly bouncy. What about you guys? (sorry if this is in the wrong section).

image.jpg.e1655d9e56d252bbc14283ee0787410a.jpg

f l y h i g h.