The "mentalese" language

Semi-Nomadic

Luna: Technically I was never not fluent in language, servitors can communicate in a sort of mentalese that sounds like gibberish to humans. Learning to speak English took some effort though.

I've still been trying yo get the two of them to talk more, even going as far as to go into a deep trance to listen to how the two of them communicate with each other. This resulted in hearing garbled bits of gibberish, that sounded a bit like A.M. sports radio. I had initially thought these were random thoughts being shot through my brain, just random intrusions to be ignored. But after taking a look at Glitch's survey post, running across a question where Luna and Elise described initially speaking in a language that humans only heard as gibberish, I believe what I was hearing was Dori and Ellen speaking in servitor...and the two confirmed it when I asked just a moment ago.

This sounds very interesting. So many questions! Have you noticed your tulpae speaking this sort of language? If they're vocal already, what can they say about the topic? Can a tulpa still use the "mentalese" even after learning to speak in a human language? Could a human possibly learn to speak, or at least understand this "mentalese"?

You never had a thought without actually voicing the thought in your mind?

I've always thought that mentalese is language simulacrum, not a real language. I've heard my tulpa speak in it.

It's normal for Pinkie to sound all muffled; my brain interpolates the important parts.

The language simulacrum thing does sound plausible, since Naomi (the first tulpa I accidentally made) could talk in both mentalese and English, as if she were bilingual. Luna and Elise can supposedly speak in mentalese as well, though they prefer to use English unless they're hiding something from me.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Hm, Alyx isn't vocal yet and only gives me emotional responses. During sessions or when I'm narrating in a silent atmosphere I get this very, very silent female voice mumbling. I doesn't make any sense and I only thought this was happening to me, so I ignored it.

What is a Tulpa? Blog

Rainbow 'Alyx' Dash

Pronto

I've gotten mumbled gibberish from Lyra now and then while she learns to speak. My guess is it's more being unpracticed in saying things, so they come out incomprehensible. It's also unsurprising that two tulpae could understand each other while doing this because they're likely "hearing" the thought behind it rather than the actual vocalizations.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Think about it this way, if the forcing is related to praying, mentalese could be something like glossolalia. Imagine a religious person making a Jesus-tulpa and then speaking gibberish. I think it is related to otherwise invisible mental processes happening inside your head that just surface, when you connect more directly to your emotion-processing areas in your brain.