So, can tulpas control dreams?

My 2nd tulpa, Trixie is controlling my dreams and it's actually kinda cool, and much better than my messed up dreams before Trixie and the dreams she controlled is much better than how Lyra controlled it. Lyra: :(

So, unlike my regular dreams, they are more of like a trick that I am actually awake. When I touch a wall, it feels like a real one, or if I move my blankets they feel like they are blankets. Also, I can Lucid Dream without trying. But she never actually appears in my dreams. Most of my past 2 dreams start off with me visualizing her after I woke up, I then get out of bed to go to school.

Normal things happen in the middle, then at the end something unnatural happens and I run off. While running off, I all of the sudden wake up to a mini-dream of me waking up seeing a photo of Trixie hanged on the wall, then I truly wake up. I told Trixie about this, and she was being honest with me saying that she did control my dreams and might show herself in my next dream. I still love her, though.

What differs from Lyra's style of interacting me from dreaming is that she is there like my guardian angel. When bad things happen in my dream, she's there to help. But in here neither Trixie, or Lyra would be willing to be at my back. The hello? What the hamburgers? So, can tulpas control dreams, or is it just an ordinary dream?

They can have an impact on what you dream about, absolutely.

I would say an older tulpa like Trixie could control your dreams, in the same sense that you can control them when your lucid.

But I am not sure about the question at the end, you said she told you that she controlled your dreams, now you are asking if she could? She just told you she did!

My tulpa doesn't really appear in my dreams, but I do know that she is there, I can sense her sometimes, then sometimes I cant. The last time I had a bad dream she came to me, very vividly, the instant I was awake and stayed with me till I fell back asleep.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

They can have an impact on what you dream about, absolutely.

I would say an older tulpa like Trixie could control your dreams, in the same sense that you can control them when your lucid.

But I am not sure about the question at the end, you said she told you that she controlled your dreams, now you are asking if she could? She just told you she did!

My tulpa doesn't really appear in my dreams, but I do know that she is there, I can sense her sometimes, then sometimes I cant. The last time I had a bad dream she came to me, very vividly, the instant I was awake and stayed with me till I fell back asleep.

Well, whatever dream that was that she set up with the dreamception was actually a funny prank she pulled off on me. Hopefully Trixie can appear in my dreams like Lyra did.

Well, if we were to presume we have a developed tulpa that would have traits akin to the level of the host's perception of dreams (non-lucid and lucid), it may be a probable thing for them to do. However, the "control" can have many connotations. It could be the type of "control" to where it seems "manipulative," and one may subscribe to feeling their tulpas may have more power than them mentally and such.

Another implication of "control" could be the same of how a dreamer's expectations in a dream could very well be fulfilled. And if a tulpa has a certain expectation, and/or different interpretation of the experience, maybe there could be both the host and the tulpa manipulate, or influencing the outcome of a dream in some way. It doesn't necessarily have to be who holds more dominion in the dreaming state all the time. Sometimes it could be who fixates more on planning, and/or who relinquishes that fixation of planning (e.g. to feel less god-like, or impregnable to disaster in a dream, in order to have a sense of adventure with certain constraints to maybe emulate waking life in some way).

And honestly, whenever I recall my dreams, I rarely bother to ask them if I'm recalling their dreams or not. The dreams are from the same mind, but how one interprets those dreams is probably the main focus in this circumstance. Then there could be a probability where your tulpa may try to communicate to you through mental imagery in dreams to try and create a message, warning, and such for you. Which would be kind of similar to the general presumptions of the "unconscious" (or whatever term you people want for "other confines of your mind you're not aware of") communicating to you through symbolism and such.

Also, from anecdotal claims from people who think their mind is being a trickster to them in dreams, their belief in that may very well end up being true. I used to think my mind was "trolling," or being a trickster whenever I had dreams that seem overwhelmingly negative (when it could just be my mind trying to get a message across to me). But I grew away from that, and started seeing this in a new light where my mind just has various ways to portray something to me; it's not like your mind is built for self-humiliation, or demeaning yourself.

The same logic could be applied to your tulpa if you feel they play pranks on you, when the mental manifestation in your dreams may just be another thought-form in your natural sleep. It's difficult filling that gap of uncertainty with who's your tulpa, and who is just a projection of them, and it's trial-and-error along with steady communication with them to know the difference. If you take into consideration of self-fulfilling prophecies in dreams and in waking life, it's another challenge to see what's created from your current expectations vs. entrenched predispositions and desires you have vs. something that may come by naturally without expectation. However, this would imply there are factors that can be mind-independent in your own mind that would have all sorts of influences and factors affecting it and your body. This could introduce implications of dualism, or whatever beliefs of consciousness that may be metaphysical that would be speculated at some point.

To throw my two cents in. In my experience, it is entirely possible for a Tulpa to influence your dreams(if not outright control them in their entirety). I asked a similar question here back some months ago.

Once I was having one of those slow running nightmares. I was running away from an unknown assailant, and couldn't run faster than a slow crawling speed. Well before it could catch up to me, Breeze spoke in the dream. "Let me help you with that". Upon her saying that, I gained lucidity and started running full speed. I quickly woke from the dream, and she confirmed that she pulled me out of it.

So, they can be aware of what you are dreaming at the moment.

Next point. The fact that she has influenced the actual content of my dreams before. Once she had me wake up from a few nonsensical dreams over the course of two weeks. Upon waking up, she would tell me about the dream she had me wake up to and how she interprets it. She would explain its symbolic meaning in relation to my personality and psyche, and it was really interesting.

She also gave me a dream where I was being humped by spiders. Fun times...

So, they can be aware of your dreams and exert some control over them.

In my experience, dream control is sporadic. I would assume a more developed Tulpa could do these kinds of things (and more) at will, but in the earlier stages it happens unpredictably. So yes, it is possible. As for your dream in particular, I think it would be best left to you to figure out if it was an ordinary dream or not.

As for your dream in particular, I think it would be best left to you to figure out if it was an ordinary dream or not.

I guess what's "ordinary" in this case is something that may be nonsensical, or something like the mind filtering out what occurred during the day kind of dreams (e.g. dream day residue). Non-lucid, and even lucid dreams may be nonsensical at times, how we react to whether or not it has any value, or symbolic meaning depends if there's some way for us to interpret it correctly. In other words, it's nonsensical at first glance until we find some means of getting an accurate interpretation of what may be our mind communicating to us daily of strife-filled experiences in life. We just glance it over, or don't want to engage in self-fulfilling prophecies over what may be wrong interpretations.

I mean, sometimes I wonder why a tulpa would use dreams to get their message across to you, unless they're not as vocal, and may have to rely on mental imagery. Sometimes I think it's just them interpreting what your mind in general may be trying to get at to you, rather than them being the end all be all of what occurred, and orchestrating everything from start to finish. Unless they're not as vocal to just speak out to you in waking life, it's understandable, but wouldn't this raise questions on whether or not they can control more than just your dreams (e.g. those who may have made claims that their tulpas can "change" their host's personality, or even extraordinary claims of their "unconscious" in general)?

It would lead to a lot of question begging of how someone (tulpas) that would exist from mental states of the host (in the initial stages until their existence doesn't require their host's militant attention) would be able to control something that may be influencing them in some way. Sounds like a circular way of letting someone that's created hamper with what created them.

Either it's just the desire where the host doesn't mind that at all, or euphemism for the mind doing whatever to make the experience seem like that's the case.

To throw my two cents in. In my experience, it is entirely possible for a Tulpa to influence your dreams(if not outright control them in their entirety). I asked a similar question here back some months ago.

Once I was having one of those slow running nightmares. I was running away from an unknown assailant, and couldn't run faster than a slow crawling speed. Well before it could catch up to me, Breeze spoke in the dream. "Let me help you with that". Upon her saying that, I gained lucidity and started running full speed. I quickly woke from the dream, and she confirmed that she pulled me out of it.

So, they can be aware of what you are dreaming at the moment.

Funny, I had almost the same thing happen to me besides my Tulpa helping me but only pranking me. She gave me outright lucidity and a full vivid dream at the start. My theory of why she did this is that back when I was visualizing Lyra, I told her to "surprise me" with no response. It's Lyra's 1 year birthday and still not imposed, she finally sets up the dream right when I went back to Trixie like they both were planning it until I lost her from my mind completely.

They'd thought it would be funny to prank me with my 2 fears; giant rats, and missing the school bus. Just had a dream today where I was walking around like a normal day thinking it was the weekends until I saw the bus driving to my home a few seconds, they didn't see me and drove off. I was pretty pissed, so I went back home and saw a giant rat (That looks exactly like a real rat only bigger.) I freaked out and ran. It was like as big as a human. But the rat didn't see me anyways. I woke up, it was all a dream (or was it?) I heard some cute giggles that sounded like Trixie and Lyra. I decided to check out of my door and suddenly woke up. Waking up again, I didn't see them anywhere. No sight at all.

I thought of the two unicorn mares as the pranking duo, so that might be their first ever prank. I swear, I thought it was real life at first until I woke up for real.

Well, that's the Great and Powerful Trixie, and Lyra Heartstrings (fanfic versions) for you.

Lyra is vocal, but I have to listen hard enough for her very faint responses but I can't get some quiet while my brother watching his sports in my room every night. Trixie's voice sounds like your wall. Basically, she has no voice yet.