Mass Leaving Thread

Nobillis

@Linkzelda

I don't want you to go, but if you and your tulpas really think this is best for you, than I wish you the best in your endeavors. Your goodbye allowed me to truly see and appreciate all of the intellectual discussions that some of the members have put into this forum, and I thank you for that. Some of the things you said struck a chord in my heart.

To be hated by most of everyone because of one's philosophies and beliefs, or to be misunderstood because of the lack of understanding of one's ideas. To be honest, a lot of these are reasons why I don't post very often, because of this fear. You've shown me though that that shouldn't be the reason to keep my ideas hidden. People like you who can appreciate that make me really happy.

Thank you Linkzelda for your contributions. I know that I haven't really partook in any of your discussions, but that's because of my own ignorance and lack of motivation to go deeper. I'm sorry about that.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

@Linkzelda

I don't want you to go, but if you and your tulpas really think this is best for you, than I wish you the best in your endeavors. Your goodbye allowed me to truly see and appreciate all of the intellectual discussions that some of the members have put into this forum, and I thank you for that. Some of the things you said struck a chord in my heart.

To be hated by most of everyone because of one's philosophies and beliefs, or to be misunderstood because of the lack of understanding of one's ideas. To be honest, a lot of these are reasons why I don't post very often, because of this fear. You've shown me though that that shouldn't be the reason to keep my ideas hidden. People like you who can appreciate that make me really happy.

Thank you Linkzelda for your contributions. I know that I haven't really partook in any of your discussions, but that's because of my own ignorance and lack of motivation to go deeper. I'm sorry about that.

Great words, well said.

Haven't been around for long, but that made even the community-newfag that I am feel a strong appreciation for Linkzelda.

Greets,

AG

Linkzeldastyle Longpost

I think it is a sad thing that you feel the need to go. I never really got into your abstract philosophical discussions, mainly because of your heavy wordings (welp english isn't my first language after all, so it is really discouraging). However I still think they were pretty valuable and filled with interesting concepts and they weren't really out of place either. I just think many people simply won't find the time to dig that much into it.

I think your opinion about this community is pretty dickish, but that's another thing. Welp. good luck for your future.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I come around every couple weeks to lurk about, offline, and check on a PR or two, and figured I'd pay my respects. Hell if I could understand what you were saying to me the last couple times you did, but there's been plenty I have.

You've thrown about a lot of incredibly insightful, and valuable information to contrast or compliment others'. Like, a lot. I loved it. Back in the day, you would always be on the other side of an argument with Sands, or the only one to really think about why something was the way it was, in a sea of shorthanded, or blatant comments. Less new territory to breach in recent times, so I feel there was less of value out of yourself, but only as much as there was out of everyone. Even then, though, the lengthy comments, even when I felt like some were half a step away from inane, and rambling (though some might disagree-- I think we all have those days), were always interesting.

Not much to say other than that the community is a bit less like it was, now. With Kiahdaj taking his leave, Stevie being seemingly MIA (I've got his contact email, and he doesn't seem to be replying. Possibly dead? Always leave someone in your circles a way to find out, people!), and anyone else who's either left with a bang, or slowly faded away. With any luck, someone will take up the mantle of insanely wordy replies, but either way, another piece, of another chapter, of .info history, comes to an end.

Do what you do in the real world with the conviction, and passion you shared here, and you'll do just fine.

Just, you know, don't get hit by a car tomorrow or something.

Farewell, Linkzelda

I'll miss you Linkzelda, but now I feel a bit guilty,

Having made a comic about you only mere hours before you leave.

Best of luck in the future, and be sure to inspire others as you did here.

I don't blame you for leaving, I have a motto I like to follow.

"If you aren't enjoying life, you aren't living it."

So I understand your actions. Just know I did like reading your posts, conversing with you, hard as it may be, really got me into thinking. You took me seriously, which means a lot. I'd like to extend my thanks to you for being a part of our community for so long, and ask that you don't easily forget us.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

I’ll be leaving the community for good. I tried my best to research actual philosophical discussions way into the past, and never mustered the courage to relate it to tulpas. And even when casually introducing it, I realized that it’s extremely difficult to put into context of those discussions that are way more intelligible in relation to this community.

It is very challenging to present and discuss advanced concepts and terms to an audience who is uneducated in the subject. This would include myself of course. I am a rock when it comes to the workings of philosophy. For what it is worth, I learned things from you that I value greatly and you prompted me to think of things from angles I had never considered before.

The excuse for incompetency of learning from a dictionary, and other red herrings for further developing the community has led me to a silver lining. The disgusting revolts of translators who cannot even think for themselves, and for the sake of what they want to do for the communities; along with being aware of the personal “cancers” people conceptualize in the past that deter them away from the forum had led me to develop my own deterrent.

If discussions of philosophy, science, etc. that are more complicated are not seen as decent enough for some expansion of knowledge, then there’s no hope for this community.

The real killer of this forum is dogma, narrow mindedness, rigidity and intolerance to original thinking and unusual perspectives. It is brutal resistance to the very things that would spark intellectual growth and innovation and discovery. This rigidity is propounded by that irrational reverence for the legendary golden days of the past, instead of embracing positive change and evolution.

Mistgod:

While others seemed to make you a personification of many negative things, I always saw you as the individual that forced me to use my brain for once, and really tackle the notions I held on tulpas, and to advance myself further in the journey. You were one of my greatest, friendly rivals, and I loved how you always stuck to your philosophy, even when others hated your very existence because of it.

Thank you for this. If you had not said this in your departure, there are those who would have instantly laid all the blame for your leaving at my feet. It is clear to me that we need more Linkzeldas and Mistgods on this forum, not less.

Godspeed Linkzelda and good luck to you. I hope we get a chance to debate once more sometime in the future.

I'm sorry to see you go as well, Linkzelda. You were the educated and intelligent voice of reason long before I ever found this forum. You answered questions with unequaled thoroughness, you had no qualms about voicing controversial opinions, your insights into hypnosis were an amazing help, and of course you were always the ur-example for dedicating a day to forcing.

I hope you're successful wherever you go from here.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Fade: I've admired you a bit from afar, Linkzelda; everything you post was so deep and thoughtful! We've wanted to talk with you before, but never were intellectually developed enough to understand everything you say and reply with anything of meaning.

Good luck.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Guest Anonymous

One of the few remaining men that could steer this metaphorical boat-of-a-forum. Maybe you wouldn't have shown us the promised land of scientific discovery, but you sure could direct us away from the iceberg made of stagnation. You had a spark of curiosity, the zealous imperative to accumulate and analyze knowledge. Most people in this community come and go, leaving little to no legacy. They just burn out and fade.

You went out with a firework.

[Hail] Farewell Linkzelda. Tri says farewell as well. I will still always remember learning about p-zombies from you (not the only thing we learned about, but a very rememberable one).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.