Mass Leaving Thread

Nobillis

No one ever expects people to leave, I guess. Seems like two of the forum's biggest stars, Cinemaphobe and Mistgod, both decided to leave overnight. Well, they did.

I'm relatively unphased by large changes in my life, whether it's the death of someone I know or a well-known forum member leaving, whyever that may be. Anyway, whenever someone leaves like this, I always get this feeling that everyone's lost some hope, the type of thing that would push those already pondering leaving to also do so.

So I just thought I'd say, in case it matters to anyone, that there's literally not a reason in the world I would ever leave this forum while I'm still physically able to access it. My tulpas are absolutely not going anywhere for the rest of my life, or deciding they aren't tulpas. I don't really get upset and even if I did I consider it immature to leave a situation over an argument. As long as there are still people here that want information, I'll keep using whatever motivation I happen to have at the time to help them.

I've been known to check in on dead forums for quite some time after they stop producing new threads and replies, too.

So, if any of you feel shaken by those who have left at any point, if you look up to me in any way then you can take solace in knowing I'll always be here.

Y'know, unless I die or something, can't help that. Speaking of, Mistgod isn't dead, he's just gonna go hang out with the people who don't care to try and figure out what Melian is on Deviantart. I'm sure you can follow them there if you want to keep up with what they're doing.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm very glad Mistgod is gone. The site will finally go back to tulpa.info instead of mistgod.info.

This site has never been mistgod.info. Yes, he could be pushy with his ideas, but he knew what to say and what not to say after you explained yourself clearly to him.

And frankly, it's not real mature to make someone look like they were trying to take over a website just because they happened to be a very active member, or because of some other action of theirs that you didn't like.

Mistgod had tons of new stuff and ideas to share, and like I said before, he could be a bit pushy about them, but still, when you look at the fact that almost no new ideas were being shared around before mistgod stepped in, it was worth it. He helped the rest of the community be more active and inspired people to ask questions, whether the questions were about what tulpas really are or something else. When you compare all this stuff to the way he acted; I think you'll see how it doesn't matter.

And if you were particularly disturbed by the amount of things he posted, why don't you also try to be an active member and get your fair share out of this site?

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Goodbye, David and Melian.

Maja: Melon!

Me: ... oh goddammit, Melian, my almost faded away tulpa comes back to life just to make this stupid joke again. I.. I can't believe this. Thank you, I guess.

But eh, honestly, I hope the two of you will be happier from now on. Davie, you're really exhausting at times, but you will be truly missed.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Welp, I leave for a few days, and everything goes bad.

I come to check on you to find Mistgod has left.

That's.... disappointing. But in the end there's nothing I can do.

(At least Lumi and Jean-Luc will always be here for us.)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I've split this post and the reply off from the introductions thread - Vosaiu

Ah, I have a few friends who feel ties to similar individuals. Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for! :)

Yeah, I have decided that this place is not the best choice for me. I have been treated like the enemy and discriminated by many on the irc's pms. My friends and fiance were right. Humanity will always continue to treat me like an outcast so I have no reason to be here. Goodbye.

Yeah, I have decided that this place is not the best choice for me. I have been treated like the enemy and discriminated by many on the irc's pms. My friends and fiance were right. Humanity will always continue to treat me like an outcast so I have no reason to be here. Goodbye.

I wanted to write this in a PM, but it doesn't give me any options of contacting you privately, so here goes.

I know we haven't met, but please wait... I know some people on IRC and in general can be mean. I remember I was surprised when I first encountered very harsh attitudes in this community, since I thought if people open-minded enough to make a tulpa aren't understanding towards each other, then who is?

I know what it's like deciding not to come back after being hurt by someone, I did that myself in the past. And you only joined yesterday too, it must have been so disappointing and hurtful to finally make an account to talk about this very very personal and important part of your life, only to be treated badly the next day.

I kinda experienced the same thing more than three years ago, but luckily I met someone very very nice too. That someone is still with me today, which alone made staying worth it.

But it's more than just that. In your hurt and disappointment you decided that humanity will never treat you with understanding. I think that deep down you know that's not true... There is no "humanity", there are lots of lots of individuals, each with different opinions and values. I for once would love to treat you with respect and understanding, if you don't run away and let me :) And I'm sure I'm not the only person who would.

This thread needs a big If you're leaving because of the IRC, stop, take a deep breath, and just leave the IRC in it or something.

The forum and IRC are only barely connected, and there are very different types of people on either. I personally dislike the IRC as a medium for communication in general because it gives people more excuse to talk without thinking. I can absolutely guarantee you you would see no discrimination from us here on the forum.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This thread needs a big If you're leaving because of the IRC, stop, take a deep breath, and just leave the IRC in it or something.

The forum and IRC are only barely connected, and there are very different types of people on either. I personally dislike the IRC as a medium for communication in general because it gives people more excuse to talk without thinking. I can absolutely guarantee you you would see no discrimination from us here on the forum.

Did you read his bio when he still had it up? Essentially, he said that his fiancé was Shadow the Hedgehog who lived on a different astral plane and in another dimension. He claimed to have telepathic powers with him, and to have had him as a figure of paternity, friendship and affection for years. I do not go on IRC, but my guess is that people didn't take kindly to that stuff there, especially the entire metaphysical approach.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Instead of harassing her in PMs, people here would've told them this wasn't the right community for their beliefs while directingthem to a soulbonding or metaphysical forum (while commenting on how strange that sounds). I didn't say we were accepting of individuals with ridiculous claims like the 1000 tulpas sort of thing, but we certainly treat people a lot better when we don't think they fit in well with the community. Harassment is minimal and stays in-thread usually even in the worst of threads. And then those people get told off by someone like me, and the member can choose to leave peacefully. On the IRC people just open a private chat and proceed to tell them how they're a worthless human being that's roleplaying and has no tulpa. See the difference?