Mass Leaving Thread

Nobillis

Instead of harassing him in PMs, people here would've told him this wasn't the right community for his beliefs while directing him to a soulbonding or metaphysical forum (while commenting on how strange that sounds). I didn't say we were accepting of individuals with ridiculous claims like the 1000 tulpas sort of thing, but we certainly treat people a lot better when we don't think they fit in well with the community. Harassment is minimal and stays in-thread usually even in the worst of threads. And then those people get told off by someone like me, and the member can choose to leave peacefully. On the IRC people just open a private chat and proceed to tell them how they're a worthless human being that's roleplaying and has no tulpa. See the difference?

I was not trying to justify anything that happened on the IRC. But, in the end, he'd have gotten rejected here as well. It is quite clear what the general opinion regarding meta is on the forums, you're quite spot on with the things you said, though. On the long run, though, I believe that someone like Mobian (no offense with 'someone like') wouldn't have liked it here either. That's exactly why I don't go on the IRC, because I know that one of my boys would go too far, and the acceptance rates in such open spaces. It's saddening that there's all that liberty over IRC, but I guess it goes for any other chat of the type, in the end.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of harassing him in PMs, people here would've told him this wasn't the right community for his beliefs while directing him to a soulbonding or metaphysical forum (while commenting on how strange that sounds). I didn't say we were accepting of individuals with ridiculous claims like the 1000 tulpas sort of thing, but we certainly treat people a lot better when we don't think they fit in well with the community. Harassment is minimal and stays in-thread usually even in the worst of threads. And then those people get told off by someone like me, and the member can choose to leave peacefully. On the IRC people just open a private chat and proceed to tell them how they're a worthless human being that's roleplaying and has no tulpa. See the difference?

I'm going to come out and say that 16-Volte and I messaged MobianAngel on the IRC. But we did not harass her at ALL. In fact, we did just as you described. We said that this place was probably not the best place for them to be, purely because they did not claim to have a tulpa, nor have any interest in making one, and since the community was not about astral projection, they would be better off somewhere else. We were as polite as possible. I don't have chat logs because I use the browser client, and I'm not sure what experiences they had with other users, but the fact remains that they probably would not have done well here on the forums anyway.

Call me Gabi. Tulpamancer since February 16th, 2013. reddeadrebel on the IRC.

Call me 16-Volte. I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride!

Message me on tumblr!

Anyone having Mistgod flashbacks? This feels like the exact same scenario with different names. (At least Melian got that shit sorted out.)

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Anyone having Mistgod flashbacks? This feels like the exact same scenario with different names. (At least Melian got that shit sorted out.)

Not the same at all. Melian's actually pretty "normal" when it comes to the way things are practiced in the community. She's had time put in to her, and her abilities are in the ordinary for what even the more strict in the community thinks to be acceptable. It was just her outspoken nature, along with Mistgod's, that rubbed people the wrong way.

Mobian, of what I saw of her, had many, many elements of her account that more often than not, triggers "troll" flags in many people. It's the kind of stuff that folks from years ago bent over backwards to keep from seeping in, the quintessential "roleplaying" made up of incredibly wild claims, astral projection being a notable inclusion in it.

I did not message her, nor did I even see what went down in the IRC. The only thing I saw of her was her art thread (Which had a pretty well detailed rendering of a realistic looking, anthro-ish hedgehog), and he bio. I thought it was odd, but I didn't mess with her. But, I'm also not surprised that she did get flack.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be leaving tulpa.info for an indefinite amount of time of my volition. Whether I am truly 'leaving' is debatable, since I never took an active part on the forums. Contrarily, I was using the IRC daily. What is definite, though, is that I no longer consider myself a part of this community.

The community isn't how I liked. For a presumably science-oriented community, the only 'explanation' seems to be 'Just believe!', 'Always assume it's your tulpa!' The research forum seems to only consist of repetitive polls. The only post of interest I have found was posted in 2013, part of a lecture by Pleeb, and posted by SkyeWint. The place seems to be run by an elite circlejerk that governs everything that happens on the site.

On the IRC, I was asked to bring a complaint about a moderator to .mods so as to not clutter .lounge, which I did, only to later be threatened with a ban by the person I was complaining about. That's pathetic. And that's oppression. This person always acts the victim, and even went ahead and called me a retard, and Goopi an arsehole right here on the forums, calling me a dramawhore, in the same thread in which she admitted to making a post to bring about bickering. I had a talk with waffles about it, and he said that they were talking to Yuki about her abrasiveness and her faults which could cause problems, which is of course completely fair, something which I would have had no problem in if this was done before she became a moderator. Needless to say, she continued to be toxic. During some of the first meetings, potential candidates for chat mods were selected, these being Shinyuu, Farcaller, Yuki, Waffles, Vos, Carolina, WhiteNoise, Maya and myself. At this time, I had been here for around 4 months, and let it be said that I had NEVER seen Yuki and Vos say anything whatsoever. The other candidates were dismissed completely. I understand that I'm ranting and that nobody cares, so I'll stop now.

I wasn't the best person to be around on the IRC, many times I shitposted, annoyed mods, and was a little rude with people. Even if they don't see this, I'd like to apologize to the good people I offended or irritated.

I'm not too bothered if I ruffled a few feathers. I would like to let sleeping dogs lie but I couldn't help myself.

I'll still be on the IRC, connected with my bouncer. I won't be taking an active part in discussion unless contacted directly.

See yer.

Host: Reece

Tulpa: Milana

"Avoidance of responsibility is self-imposed." - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Veni, Vidi, Vici, Vasi...

Et tunc, quam reliqui.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Et tunc, quam reliqui.

I seriously wonder what is going on with the leaving mentality lately, this is hugely depressing. And for me this one here is coming totally out of the blue. Farewell, my friend. I hope to see you around again.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

I seriously wonder what is going on with the leaving mentality lately, this is hugely depressing. And for me this one here is coming totally out of the blue. Farewell, my friend. I hope you to see you around again.

I can answer that question at least for my host Mistgod NoneFromHell.

Is it really "leaving" when the host closes his account and then a few days later allows his tulpa to open a new one to get a fresh start with a different perspective? LOL Mistgod left because he could not seem to put to rest feelings of defensiveness and aggression toward the forum. The account was unregistered to force himself away as part of the efforts to improve the forum and the community. Some of that aggression still influences me a little, but I hope it has still been and improvement. We want the Mistgod account to be a legacy and a chapter in forum history as we move into a new future.

My primary issues are overt silliness and wanting attention, even more than Mistgod did. The moderators here are doing an excellent job working with me though to find ways that I can fit in and be productive without blowing things up.

Mistgod is still here, sort of, just hovering over my shoulder and being censored by me as best I can.

I can't speak for the others, but it sounds from what they wrote that like each of the other two recent people to leave felt harassed and mistreated, primarily in the IRC chat room.

Et tunc, quam reliqui.

You came, you saw, you conquered.

Ad Victoriam, brother.

I seriously wonder what is going on with the leaving mentality lately, this is hugely depressing. And for me this one here is coming totally out of the blue. Farewell, my friend. I hope to see you around again.

I agree. I hope he comes back.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Guest Anonymous

I'll be leaving tulpa.info for an indefinite amount of time of my volition. Whether I am truly 'leaving' is debatable, since I never took an active part on the forums. Contrarily, I was using the IRC daily. What is definite, though, is that I no longer consider myself a part of this community.

The community isn't how I liked. For a presumably science-oriented community, the only 'explanation' seems to be 'Just believe!', 'Always assume it's your tulpa!' The research forum seems to only consist of repetitive polls. The only post of interest I have found was posted in 2013, part of a lecture by Pleeb, and posted by SkyeWint. The place seems to be run by an elite circlejerk that governs everything that happens on the site.

I hate to see you leave Nekomata. You have some of the same issues with the community that Mistgod did. He wanted to force it to change to and gave up when he realized he could not. It is what it is! Just believe is, in fact, apparently a necessary part of tulpamancy, especially when it comes to tulpa sentience. It is a challenge for this community to do research but I think we need some patience. I have seen some promising things discussed in that area and I think the mere presence of this community and the discussions will eventually stir the interest and attention of academic research psychologists.