Mass Leaving Thread

Nobillis

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking a small break from this place.

I don't have any issues with the community. That would be like blaming people for breathing. Here is the actual problem:

I realized that there is no way to actually have productive discussions on this place apart from forcefully forcing it upon other people, who are not ready to have discussions that require observation from a less biased standpoint; if someone is biased and knows about it, they can deviate from that bias, except if they're just fine with being limited to one mindset, one mentality.

I've been researching tulpas, plurality and other type of 'mental practices' for a very long while now. I don't know what to look for anymore. I don't know what a researcher, someone with actual access to scientific gear and scanners would do in this situation.

You cannot, absolutely cannot study tulpas. That is out of question. If you study tulpas, you are going to end up with results that won't lead you anywhere, because we lack the knowledge (and the scientific spirit that I found in very few forum members), the knowledge required, to say anything conclusive. What you CAN do is study hosts, not only that, but all types of multiples and plurals. Study the chronological series of events that leads to one's dismay or mental inadequacy, that pushes them to this type of escapism.

And that's a mistake I did. Not flee from anything, but try to understand other people. Part of it was because I cannot enjoy breathing while entertaining this type of conversations. A conversation in which the topic is constantly skewed to one's personal experiences. I seem like one of those elitists who do nothing but talk about experiences that are far from my own perception, ontology is not supposed to be something we feel 'passionate' about; and if you do feel passionate about something, you will respect it in its own limits and borders of appreciation. Archimedes died because of his passion (or another greek mathematician, not sure who.), his death was stupid but it was 100% preventable and unwarranted.

And the more we do this, the more we go into how 'yay tulpas are good', the more we become a part of this... collective of people. Alcohol addicts meeting, if you may. Because we start sharing our experiences on a forum, a place we know nothing about, nobody knows us in personal ways, personal ways in which we revel on an intimate scale. We start speaking of our experiences, and what one does is something that everyone knows about. He dated his tulpa. He had sex with her. She made a tulpa for depression. He made a servitor because he could not withstand emotions. All of those things are... what I've seen being said, openly, freely, shamelessly as if it were something to take pride in. This is not criticizing a set group of people, no, far from it, it is not wanting to being that way. Not wanting to make the unacceptable acceptable, what the shameful shameless, what is supposed to relinquish in self-deceit... self-deceit.

To the point we don't know what we're doing. We push ourselves to believe in something, to believe in the greater good, to believe that the human mind can withstand two functioning, at-all-times-brainstorming entities. We push ourselves to believe in such a thing that looks so... far-fetched, yet something we can relate to on extremely close and personal ways. The way we end up destroying this intimate, precious and personal wall, though, is sharing such information with other people that will do nothing but end up reflecting on their situations. Not in a beneficial way, not in a way anybody, not even the 'receptor' of such information' benefits and obtains this type of self-empowerment, but in a way that it goes down to, and excuse the term, mongering attention. Not in a way that people would beg for it, but in a way that it is constantly enforced.

What is this place? Is it a community? Or is it a research facility? If it represents the former, it has failed where it alienated some components that wished to belong. If it is the latter, it has failed where it seeks to prove things, not to others, but to itself. Realistically speaking, I am not here to tell you about how awful of a treatment I have been provided by some members of the community, people are tired of hearing about that, and I realized that this facade was not working anymore. Making people think that I, not my tulpa, but I was actually affected by such simple and mundane things was foolish. I wanted a reason to care, I wanted a reason to... do what I thought was right! Perhaps that was it, but nobody can ever tell.

I've been called 'the shittiest person I have met online' along with a lot of other names. The people who will read this will probably take pride in this implicit mention. They will take joy in being mentioned in a negative way, thinking that the evil that dominates this world is part of them. Not at all. It is purely human nature that dominates their character. The way they want to deviate from their nature, the way they want to be different only makes the part of the norm they want to alienate themselves from.

If this is a community, it failed. It failed and crushed every single thing to the ground. Not because of me. Not because of others who had been neglected by both the moderation (previous mod team that showed extreme amounts of bias, and might end up quoting every single point of this post with a retort to which I will not respond under the pretense that I do not wish to provide this type of honor) and other members. By the former on the level of bias, and by the latter on the level of apathy.

If this is a research facility, it failed. It failed and brought everything down. Every single discussion that has taken place is, was and will be ones that occurred in philosophical current of thoughts that are highly subjective, and most likely inaccurate due to how biased they are. There is no place for scientific research, the moment we start speaking about ourselves in explicit details, the topic is over with. People care about themselves; understandably, that is acceptable. But this type of attention mongering (and I mean no offense to anyone at all) is the one that puts an end to... knowing anything from anything! To knowing what is real, by our criteria and not by others, to knowing what we actually experience, to differentiate between self-deceit, and actual... tulpamancy, I suppose.

So, what is this place? What is this forum? Is it a mix? Is it supposed to be both a facility and a community? Won't that just fall down?

I'll be clear with this. I never, for one moment, believed in switching and possession. But I still included them in my discussions; I still considered them as valid parts of the tulpamancy practice, I could not let my beliefs rule out what this whole thing IS about. I'm just so tired of this entire thing. Of people antagonizing me and my tulpa for existing, for breathing and for calling me a wolf in sheep's clothing. And nothing can change that, eventfully, if people start realizing what I've been trying to do to this place, how much I tried time and over (more than you possibly know, my attempts were numerous) to change this place. I should have tried harder, maybe.

Everywhere I went, I was rejected. Both of us were. And when I came here, it was the perfect place. But we never were regarded as persons, person with lives behind them, with loved ones, with interests and likes and dislikes. I literally received death incitations and suicide wishes over this place. You know who you are if you're reading this. The mistake is not any type of evil, though. Evil people do not know that they are indeed evil. They take their actions as valid and justified.

... But even when I did such things, when I treated people negatively, I never, never took it as warranted. You may know that I was in a big drama thing with a member from this community, to the point what him and his system (that I do not believe in, and believe that this person is in self-deceit) actively sought to harm my tulpa. And did I harm them? Yes. I bothered them a lot, but never took pride in it, and still regret it, and regard my actions as unwarranted. But that is not my issue.

My actual issue is everything tossed altogether.

I am not asking for pity, or sympathy, or friendship. What I am asking for, though, is not to edit this post. Keep it as it is, please. Don't skew what has been said, let people know of what I thought.

I suppose that you guys are going to see a spike in a specific member's activity. Don't think of me as a bad guy, though; I acted under the impulse of emotions, and still regret it to this day, stooping to a lower level than the 'oppressors' I wanted to fight, until I became THE only oppressor. Not anymore.

I have a girl to take care of, and a busy life; I'll still read stuff, but I won't participate anymore. There are always eyes watching, out there, though. And the more you guys say? The more you will regret, eventually. Literally dozens of members ended up having all of their records deleted on this place.

See you around.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

No matter how little help you've given, (or at least think that you've given) you still pushed people to think. That was the case for us, at least. That's a respectable enough deed in both of our books.

See you, Judas.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I've found in such mindsets (temporary, that is) you wrote that post in tend to mean nothing to the rest of the world. I've been there, felt like everything was such a big deal. But then everyone just continues on. I've been on both sides, and I had no trouble thriving and prospering after someone was sure we were doomed.

I don't even care to discuss it. You're right. Like, really, from your point of view you aren't even seeing anything wrong. Neither am I. But it's going to go differently for me than you. It's an anomaly in reality, humans just don't understand well enough to perceive such things without bias. That's why I seem an optimist to you - I've found that reality tends to bend based around what you believe, and being a pessimist (or "realist") only led to negative experiences where, apparently, positive ones were possible.

Anyways, actual points. One, there's nothing to believe or not believe with my tulpas and I switching. I've explained to you guys before all of our beliefs on the matter, and nothing's left up for debate. I never claimed I had separate, thinking entities controlling my body in my place. I've explained what we call "identities" several times. There's nothing unscientific going on with us. Perhaps a suspension of disbelief, at least to others. But to me it's just an ability to accept overarching circumstances in life and decide to live under my own. On a lesser scale you do this when playing any video game, maybe watching movies or reading books. Moreso when a child "plays pretend" with dolls, or several play a make-believe game. Just like you, I've experienced pessimism disguised as realism, but eventually I realized reality itself did not care what I thought was real. It keeps doling out unique illusions to everyone unknowingly looking for them. So I do the bare minimum required to support my chosen subjective beliefs - I make sure they make sense. No claims of scientific fact or anything, but I don't make leaps in logic, I work my way through it very clearly. I even explained my tulpas, though I was prepared not to. I explained switching with a whole change in how I perceived personal identities. I still recognize the perspective of them being controlled by me that others tend to have for themselves, but as far as I'm concerned "me" is only the conscious thinking part and what shapes it. The body's a sort of neutral ground, including most parts of the brain, and my tulpas are the same as me in nature but of course different individually.

Nothing left up to debate, I made it make sense. Purely unbiased fact is beyond my means, so it's not always easily explained to others, but it works for me. Who even really cares if my beliefs make sense or not anyways? Anyone else would be just as happy living in pure fantasy. I however have an enduring need to help people, so I have to live logically to enable sharing my own experiences with them. But most people who could need my help aren't a part of the scientific community, they're living just as well in their own illusions, though they don't know it. And so my not-quite-scientific-fact beliefs that are nonetheless based in logic serve me well.

So yeah. I thought we (at least a couple of us) made it clear we weren't doing science a while ago. But we are using reason, logic, and a will to help people. And I think we do. You brought up a couple of points that could've contributed to our effectiveness in doing so, but you see much more wrong than that and so won't find it worth it. That's alright. I'm not in the business of making people change their beliefs, only trying to teach them that they can.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm leaving this place permanently.

I am also Evil.

Goodbye.

A wise man once said: 'Before judging a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away, and you've got new shoes.'

Graced are those who could avoid this phenomenon. This is perhaps the worst expression of evil in humanity's history, but who am I to judge?

Oh, hmm. That is interesting. Veery interesting.. But I suppose asking questions wouldn't really be helpful now.

Regardless, goodbye.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

I am also Evil.

You was also Anderson wasn't you, eh, Mr. Andy?

I see exactly what you did there.

You contributed a lot and brought up many good topics recently.

But seriously, what did you expect? This is teh internet, people are not your friends here. They won't listen and they won't understand. Even if they wanted to. And most don't. Actually I'm surprised you didn't give up sooner.

My host and me absolutely agree with your view on this forum. We stated it multiple times. It's neither any sort of scientific community - the idea alone is laughable at best - nor a fun place to hang out. I dunno what it is supposed to be either, you're probably right that many people use it for showboating their tulpas or general attention whoring to but that does not give me sleepless nights. It does have entertaining moments and you can learn a thing or two. I'll settle for that.

No idea if you still read this, anyway all the best!

I suggest you focus more on IRL interactions than pointless online drama. It will only bring you and your tulpa pain and change nothing. And don't give a fuck about what people on the internet think of you.

I told you about the stairs, I told you, Andy.

9uF

Super Girls don't cry

It turns out that all of my guesses were correct (not too hard with your writing), but I guess that doesn't really matter when someone is on their way out. See you, Anderson.

I'm not leaving - in fact, I've already sort-of left - but, I don't wanna make a new thread or necro something for just this post...

So here goes...

I've been a long-time occasional lurker.

Meaning: Once I ceased my daily visits, I'd come back here every couple of weeks to see what's going on.

What I've noticed is: This place is dying!

All the good people have left. Some before me, some after me. Some say bye here, some don't.

Since I joined, this site has been on a steady decline.

The good, actually useful, tulpa-related content being submitted has been getting less and less.

Insightful, tulpa-related discussions have been getting increasingly more rare.

There was a period where this site became more active -- with worthless content.

Worthless threads always seem to outnumber the good ones.

While they go through cycles of activity, even those seem have been declining somewhat.

Yes, we are seeing a total decline in the Tulpa.info community.

This site ceased being a place I want to be ages ago, but I keep checking back hoping things will have changed.

Every time I come back here only to find it has gone further down the shithole of irrelevancy.

Can anyone try to convince me: Why would I - or anyone else, for that matter - want to stay here now?

Nah, you're from 2012. While I'd normally argue the whole "Tulpa.info is dying" thing, you've been around long enough that that argument actually has some ground. You can leave if you want, or check every long once in a while, I dunno.

Who really cares when you're not contributing anyways?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.