Push for Forced Mental Treatment Scares Tupper Community

Argentum

Well, this sure puts a damper on my plan to write a paper on tulpas. One of mine said that I wanted to write the paper out of a subconscious desire for my parents to know about him (the chain of events is as follows: I write the paper, the people I share it with tell their friends, they tell their friends, eventually the word reaches my parents, who figure out that I wrote the paper). Also, my mom doesn't like lies, and I've had to lie to her when she caught me doing tulpa-related things; I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'll ask a friend of mine who's interested in philosophy about this, and post what they said.

I think I'd be risking something akin to martyrdom (only a bit less dramatic), and I have a future to think of.

If one were institutionalized and forced to take drugs, would those drugs affect one's tulpa(s) or affect one's thought processes, ability to articulate thoughts, or anything else that would make it harder to be released?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amber5885

Honestly I told my therapist about Toby and she actually thinks He's great. He convinced me to quit smoking, helps me with my writing, encourages me to better myself and she's flat out told me that a lot of people hear voices and it's not necessarily a psychosis.

In order for a symptom to be connected with psychosis it needs to hinder it you or prevent you from leading a normal life.

So that being said like 90% of the tulpa community would be fine. The other 10% are Probobly in need of some psychiatric care anyhow.

The only thing I'm curious about is who is paying for the court ordered treatment? There's a whole class of people who wouldn't be able to afford it

Yeah, before I met my deductible, my psychiatrist cost over $100 per visit. Now it's just like $5, but it will start over next year. My therapist is about that much as well. He thinks Chance is great as he's really been a positive influence on me.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

That's hardly news, considering the courts have been doing this for a while. If you commit a crime and the court deems you insane, you can be declared not guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to a stay in a mental health hospital, rather than going to jail. So basically unless your tulpa does something illegal and you get caught, it's nothing any of us should worry about.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

It puts a damper on me wanting to present about them at work. Another coworker presented on brainwaves and brainwave entrainment using binarual beats.

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

The need to validate the existence of one's tulpa to others for the sake of easing one's mind that somehow people can innately accept their decision without backlash (e.g. ostracism) seems to be one of the most difficult tasks to do.

I guess people have ways of coming to terms, and being at peace with themselves. Though, I figured people would be content with being in solitude with their tulpas, and making a compromise with them that they wouldn't reveal their existence to others in fear of the unpredictable chain of events that would ensue.

>My question here: How will this affect the tupper community?

Dunno. From what cursory skimming i've seen here there's a good chunk of people where with whatever mental affliction you like. Personally, I don't answer anything that could put me on a list or raise any red flags, so i dont care either way.

>Thoughts?

On one hand, I approve because people could potentially get help.

On the *other* hand, this can, and will, lead to abuse by doctors with political agendas/political bias,which will lead to law abiding and perfectly fine-ish citizens losing their natural rights or getting shot by an increasingly armed and incompetent police force because certain political groups feel the need to protect us from the big bad world.

All in all, its horrible either way, but I rather they fuck off and leave me alone. Not worth the risk.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness in this world.

Tulpa: Penumbra

Form: Pegasus Pone

Current Stage: Everything. At once.

I don't consider this a bad thing, I doubt it will affect the community in any way, people don't normally go about their lives telling everyone that they have a tulpa and even if they did AND managed to get in a situation where they would be forced to see a therapist the therapist most likely will realize there is nothing to worry about (at least not something tulpa related), of course I do know that some therapists are shit and some unlucky host may end up crossing paths with one of those but it is really unlikely and even then it's not avoidable, the problem isn't the host but the shitty therapist and no matter what we do there is always going to be some.

On the other hand since the therapy is mandatory I'm going to guess the government is going to pay for it and that is really good news for lots of people that can't afford therapy on their own, thenmy conclusion is that this has no real disadvantages for anyone and great benefits for a demographic that wasn't being cared for at all until now.

English isn't my first language and I'm not used to write in it but I'm always interested in learning, please tell me if I made a mistake or if you have any advice

Actually, in the US, if you are involuntarily committed, if you have the money and the insurance, you have to pay for it. Once all of your money, assets, and insurance has been exhausted, the bill then goes to Medicaid (government). So yes, you can go broke by someone else getting you committed.

As for wanting people to know about your tulpas, well, I think it makes a certain amount of sense. I mean, ones tulpas are very important people in our lives. Not being able to tell one's relative or friend outside the body about someone so close and important in one's life is hard. Another one is that many people just don't want to keep secrets and would rather be open about their lives. I can understand that from my own experiences. I am a trans girl who started transition a while ago. I now find that a lot of people cannot tell that I am trans unless I tell them. I often do because it is an important part of my life that I don't want to hide, even though it is stigmatized.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.