WillWow_mc's ... thread?

WillWow_mc

OK, this is the first time I've posted on here and I would like to get a couple of things straight. (I type a lot of stuff when I write, so be prepared!!)

Introduction: Because I've never registered 'till now, I haven't been able to introduce myself or anything(I mean, derp) so... I am 14, have an IQ of 133, know all about suggestion and things like that(hypnosis), and I am a brony*.

1: Multiple times I've seen people saying that visualisation is not 'seeing something on the back of your eyelids', yet multiple people say all about seeing colours and shapes and the like. So, it isn't a (kind-of)hallucination with your eyes closed, more an imaginative picture. Or not‽ It's really got me in a knot.

2: My tulpa is...(please don't hate, I know you won't, but I still am saying it...) a pony. For some reason Princess Luna is some kind of... magnet which always grabs my attention, so when I was thinking of a form... Luna's image pops up in my head, and I couldn't choose anything else, as I couldn't think of anything else.

3: Tulpae are essentially a subconscious 'being', running original thoughts not of your conscious, through kind-of 'filters' which are the personality, which are then delivered by some sort of message which we can understand? I know that is a mouthful, but, I mean, it is subconscious, right?

4: I haven't tulpaforced too much, but for some reason I can think or say things and I get an almost instant response, which a lot of the time is filtered through my tulpa's personality, so I wonder is it actually my tulpa? I mean, ALREADY? I do think of it a lot and that, and I wonder if by doing so I have somehow been, in a way, tulpaforcing without realising. Not sure. EDIT: Realised it is passive forcing. Ignore that. Or is it not my tulpa responding, just my subconscious replying with 'you' changed to 'thou', 'your' to 'thy', etc., and sometimes 'I' as 'we' and 'me' as 'us'. I included that last part because in my tulpa's traits for forcing, I had her only use the royal we sometimes, in the presence of multiple people, which happens normally at school or archery. So what is going on??? I hope you can answer that without being confused. Sorry, but sometimes I find it hard to express what I want to say as I type a lot more than needs to be done. But I hope it gets the job done.

*No, I didn't find out about this from /mlp/, just searching hallucination crud one day on Google. It seems only a coincidence that there are many bronies on this site.

• 8 months later...

So tonight I've been actually thinking quite a bit about my Tulpa, and what ends up happening is we have a nice long chat. I realised that it was In fact my tulpa speaking to me, because I got distracted by being sleepy, and then I asked my tulpa what they were talking about, and it was exactly what they had been talking about before. And I also think that that way of confirming and deducing if your tulpa is actually thinking on a semi-different train-of-thought to your own, but I'm sure someone else has already thought of that.

1. Imaginative picture works well. One of our recent submissions in the guide section suggests imagining an object behind your head to get you past the back of the eyelid thing.

2. If that's what works for you, go for it. Nothing wrong with ponies.

3. You can look at it like that. Technically I believe psychology is saying that there is no "subconscious mind" these days, but it's still a convenient metaphor for what's really happening.

4. Lots of people worry about whether it's really their tulpa talking to them. I have noticed that when people still haven't gotten a response after a year, it's always the people who worry it's not really their tulpa. Look at it this way: if you're parroting/puppeting, then you have a servitor, not a tulpa. And the thing about servitors is that unless you're very careful not to let them become tulpas, they do. So you win either way and there's really no way to do this wrong. Just trust that it's really her.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Yep. I edited my second post just then, saying I realised a couple of the things you explained. Thanks!

Well, I may actually say a little about what happened with me and my tulpa just earlier...

As a sort of experiment, I had about 6.5 cups of coffee's worth of caffeine (six spoons of the coffee beans... Wow I know right) in one cup.

Then, I actually did a little more research, and read about possible high-blood pressure, and faster heart rate, which is only made worse with worry.

I kinda disregarded some of the info I read, and about two hours ago I was really nervous about DYING from cardiac arrest... I really, really was, as I know that messing with things isn't usually the best thing to do.

And then, my tulpa popped up and started talking to me, and comforted me, and I ended up realising (after an hour) that I wasn't really in much danger at all, as anything bad would have already happened, before caffeine's effect's half-life. So me and my tulpa kinda laughed if off and chatted away for a while.

So there you have it! I do really have my tulpa to thank, though, because they really helped me out with it. And they also were interested in hearing what cortisol was, and what athsma is.

:D