distribution

Moved to "Questions & Answers". "Forum Questions and Comments" is for issues with the forum and how it's run. A redirect link will remain for 5 days so people expecting the thread in the old location can still find it. Also, please consider slightly more descriptive thread titles in the future, such as "Tulpa shared between hosts".

Three possible ways this could happen:

1. Multiple people force the same thing. You each end up with your own separate tulpa, but all very similar because they're "synced" during creation and can influence each other through either proxying or people sharing their experiences with what they see as a shared being. This is one possible nonbeliever's explanation of what God is, as well.

2. Someone develops a way to extract mental images and show them on a monitor. There's already some work on this, though it's reconstructing what's being seen rather than mentally constructed images, and it's rather fuzzy and vague. Also note that it isn't direct either -- the reconstructed images they show are composites of hundreds of YouTube videos they recorded resulting visual cortex activity from watching and matched the activity against what they're trying to reconstruct an image for.

3. Meta/magick beliefs. See this subforum if you want to go into that.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Is it possible to move a tulpa to another body, or to show it to other people?

Doesn't Kevin have experience with tulpas shared with the entire clan. Nobillis, would you give us some insight?

For most tulpas, the answer is no - they can't be seen by others then yourself.

There is the phenomenon of tribal tulpas though, where a single tulpa is experienced amongst a family or very-tightly-knit group. I've heard of other experiences with tribal tulpas, but can only speak for our experience. Basically, we have a couple of tribal tulpas in our clan (extended family) that are passed down from mother to child. Basically each child learns the simple tulpa from experiences with their parent. These tribal tulpas are surprisingly unchanging : Our oldest one (Crab) is well over 50 years old now and seems unchanged in all that time (and a couple of human generations).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Luna\

This "tribal tulpa" seem to be just several tulpas created on basis of the previous one.

We just call them "mythical beasts" in my family. The two being "Crab" and "Turtle". Not exactly tulpa, and definitely not servitor. Best description I've been able to come up with is "a micro-tulpa" (something less then a 100,000th of a fully independent tulpa) - has limited possession and speech capabilities, but belongs to more then one individual in my family. Perhaps a "learned' tulpa would be a better term?

What do you mean they have limited possession and speech capabilities? They are inactive most of time and hardly speak? Or they behave like a real crab and turtle? In the second case I'm not surprised that they can be shared and seem unchanged. Well, if they hardly speak and do nothing whole days there are not many differences that could be seen between "instances" of them as well.

And if it comes to main topic: we don't know what exactly tulpa is and how exactly they are represented physically, but the fact is that they exist only in our brain and I really doubt they can be extracted. And only magic that is true is the magic of friendship.

But there is a way to "show" tulpa to other people. By possession or switching ;) Of course it won't show tulpa's imagined form but they can interact with others with body they share with host, just like normal persons. Maybe it's not something sufficient for all people but it works and I find form not as important as person itself.

Be rational.

Luna\

This "tribal tulpa" seem to be just several tulpas created on basis of the previous one.

What do you mean they have limited possession and speech capabilities? They are inactive most of time and hardly speak? Or they behave like a real crab and turtle? In the second case I'm not surprised that they can be shared and seem unchanged. Well, if they hardly speak and do nothing whole days there are not many differences that could be seen between "instances" of them as well.

Limited possession, in that they can take over a single hand to use as a 'body' of sorts. In all honestly, crab possessing a hand looks a bit like and acts like a crab (in a "Punch and Judy" sort of way). Speech, in that Crab only ever says "Crab" out loud. Except for the possession and speech I'd think them imaginary friends.

I might explain that I can't say 'Crab' out loud and Crab can. I've also seen Crab build intricate structures out of balanced objects that I wouldn't have credited could be balanced (and I don't mean stacked, I mean the whole structure balanced on just a single point). So, some sort of thought-form that's not quite a tulpa.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.