42 1/2 Things to Do with Your Tulpa

GCatQuill

Question

42 1/2 Things to Do with Your Tulpa

• Write a story together.
  • Stage a debate. Flip a coin to pick sides.
  • Do yoga in wonderland with your tulpa.
  • Read your tulpa a book.
  • Start a conversation with your tulpa. Each statement your tulpa makes has to be longer than the last one. See if you can get them rambling.
  • Try to make each other laugh.
  • Take turns picking a restaurant to visit.
  • Have them possess a body part and tap a beat together.
  • Listen to music together. (hopefully you can find a common genre)
  • Sing a duet.
  • Focus on developing their unique scent. Smell them.
  • Write poems to each other.
  • Snuggle with them.
  • Explore their body (sexually or non-sexually).
  • Watch a bad movie and go Mystery Science Theater 3000 on it.
  • Collaboratively write the story of your tulpa journey so far.
  • Play a rhyming game.
  • Dress each other in fancy outfits.
  • Play 20 questions.
  • Tell your tulpa a story. Pause to answer questions.
  • Design a race course/obstacle course in your wonderland and have a race.
  • Watch some of your favorite memories projected on a movie screen.
  • Meditate with your tulpa.
  • Play Chess or Checkers.
  • Spar with each other.
  • Ask your tulpa to surprise you.
  • Go on IRC with their name and have them proxy/possess the whole time.
  • Have your tulpa pilot an airplane in your wonderland.
  • Play hide and seek. Impose your tulpa and try to sense their location.
  • Do art together.
  • Take online questionnaires. Compare results.
  • Possess each other fully and have fun. ;)
  • Obtain a Muse (goo.gl/WGBYHX) or EEG and do experiments.
  • Have your tulpa learn different things than you. (languages, hobbies, etc.)
  • Have a conversation with them out loud. (use a bluetooth headset)
  • Have your tulpa pose and draw them. (even if you can't draw)
  • Write a long description of your tulpa and read it back to yourself as if it were a novel.
  • Imagine your tulpa's respiratory and circulatory system.
  • Play the black box game (community.tulpa.info/thread-forcing-black-box-differentiation-exercise)
  • Make your tulpa do math.
  • Hypnotize them. Have them hypnotize you.
  • Create a sensory bridge and have your tulpa taste various different foods.
  • Impose them beside you as you're walking.
  • Have a possession fight over a finger or hand.
  • Learn how to lucid dream. Lucid dream with them.
  • Watch your tulpa go about their daily routine in your wonderland.
  • Imagine you're both characters in an alternate reality. (sci-fi, western, fantasy, etc.)
  • Let go and try to experience an altered state of consciousness. Ask them to try guiding you.
  • Imagine you're an inanimate object/tool/utensil and have your tulpa use you.
  • Practice vocal possession. Does your tulpa sound different from you? Can they also imitate your normal speaking voice?
  • Go on a date with them. (You don't have to be in a relationship to go on a date ;)
  • Find 10 things different between you and your tulpa.
  • Take nice pictures, print them out, and impose your tulpa onto the picture.
  • Give yourself an alternate form for your wonderland. Let your tulpa change it.
  • Look at the clouds or stars and take turns picking out shapes that look like things.
  • If they sleep and eat, wake them up with a smile and breakfast.
  • Practice talking with fake accents.
  • Try science! Create a hypothesis, design a replicable experiment, and report the results, whether negative or positive, to the tulpa community!
  • Pick 2 new words in the dictionary and use them as much as possible throughout the day. (This is optional:
    )
  • Play a physics based game in your wonderland, like marbles.
  • Have a who can be less competitive competition.
  • Have your tulpa interrupt you while you're talking, like Dr. Evil.
  • Hug your tulpa every day. Send them feelings of appreciation and gratefulness.

Jun 14 Update:

• Alter the physics of your wonderland. (Flip gravity, make an M.C Escher-esque space, etc.)
  • Do improv comedy together on a stage in your wonderland. (here is a huge list of improv games improvencyclopedia.org/games/)
  • Create a Bucket List with your tulpa. Work towards completing it.

Oct 8th Update:

[*]Dance with each other. Have a dance off. Mimic each other's moves.

[*]Do extreme sports (or regular sports) in your wonderland.

[*]Try out a sensory deprivation/float tank.

I hope you guys have some fun times doing the stuff on this list.

If you have any more ideas for things to do with your tulpa, PM me them and I'll add them to the list :)

<3

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Reading books and listening to music is a great way of spending time even if your tulpa isn't vocal, it's an easy way to help your young tulpa develop. Also, break physics, that's my suggestion for things to do. Things bigger on the inside, infinite loops, defying gravity, that kind of things. Thanks to it I got a response from Arya for the first time \o/

Maybe the breaking physics realization you had could be allegorical to getting your mind into being used to be as flexible and crazy as possible to bring about more freedom. Almost like letting your doubts slowly slipping away, and your mind not having to fixate on worrying about the doubting, and you start making breakthroughs like you did with Arya.

When people realize that being as free as possible in how they practice developing their tulpas can help in the long run, they'll be less fearful on how the tulpa would be affected. Because how the host thinks their tulpa will be affected is temporary, and probably only as real as the host wants to feel it's affecting them negatively. I think some people have ideas of trying to make sure their tulpas are safe, when they're really blocking progress from those fears. So when they see people are making progress in a short period of time, they get irritated. But they probably don't realize that if newcomers can gradually become better than before, there has to be some kind of psychological approach to it.

Having the mentality where you can tell your tulpa to try out new things because their existence isn't going to be eradicated from a few bad thoughts can truly bring out potential in their development. I guess it could be compared to just knowing over time, all the things we think are bad provides a chance for growth. People probably worry about failures so much, and never realize it's through failures, and things that seem unorthodox that experience can be built.

Instead of trapping a tulpa to be problem-free, letting them be exposed to all sorts of things, and having the belief that they can overcome adversity just as the host could make them unstoppable in things they want to improve on. And as simple as a guide submission as this is with things to do with your tulpa, at least it's having potential of other community members to add more to it for a communal value.

Maybe that's what we need more in this forum, especially with how people are open-minded about this list. Though I do agree with others that maybe a title change would be nice, especially if others are going to add more suggestions in the future.

One important value I'm seeing in this guide submission is to get people into doing something rather than having to make a contingency plan before they take a piss. Maybe just the urgency of doing eventually works things out over time, and makes the act of practicing seem more fluid, I guess.

This seems like something that was played as a forum game somewhere and people just threw around ideas which all were slapped in one post. Are ideas good for those who lack them? Probably. But if I were you or a person who lacked ideas as to what to do, I don't think "wow hypnotize" would be the first thing I wanted to read. That already seems a lot more advanced and has more than just "do stuff with your tulpa!" behind it.

I suggest you order your list in a new way, where the simpler/more obvious ones are at the start and the more advanced/complex ones come later. Right now it's just like you've written what has come first to mind without really giving them much thought, even though your first item in the list sets the tone for the whole thing.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Look at that, I stuck this and it isn't even Monday today.

I agree with Sands somewhat. The content itself is fine enough to me, although I do find your priorities odd - hypnosis being the first item on the list is something I know SOMEONE would approve of here - but you could at least take the 31 out of the name. Reordering is pretty non-essential as far as I'm concerned although it's not a bad idea if you care about the sort of things like improving the presentation of what you write.

Speaking of presentation, fix your title capitalisation. It should read '31 Things to Do with Your Tulpa', or '31 Things to Do With Your Tulpa'. None of this German capitalisation, thanks - although I also know SOMEONE who would approve of that sort of thing.

[blogpost]

You're right there is a mentality of overcautiousness and non-doing in the community. Thanks for taking the time to write so much, I agree with you on most points.

[...] Are ideas good for those who lack them? Probably. But if I were you or a person who lacked ideas as to what to do, I don't think "wow hypnotize" would be the first thing I wanted to read.

I suggest you order your list in a new way, where the simpler/more obvious ones are at the start and the more advanced/complex ones come later. Right now it's just like you've written what has come first to mind without really giving them much thought, even though your first item in the list sets the tone for the whole thing.

You'd be surprised by the number of people who lack ideas. Try going on the IRC for any amount of time and you'll see what I mean.

I guess a numbered list semantically denotes some order, but no order was meant. I think I'll not only reorder the list slightly, but remove the numbering.

[...] although I do find your priorities odd - hypnosis being the first item on the list is something I know SOMEONE would approve of here - but you could at least take the 31 out of the name. Reordering is pretty non-essential as far as I'm concerned although it's not a bad idea if you care about the sort of things like improving the presentation of what you write.

Speaking of presentation, fix your title capitalisation. [...]

See above for my comment on "priorities".

31 is a marketing tactic and it's why so many people are responding to this thread. It may be a negative marketing tactic. I need to give it some more thought. I will fix the capitalization though. Thanks for your input.

Approved for either Tips of Resources (prefer Tips).

While this seems like a random list of activities to do with your tulpa of the likes I've seen before in another place, enough of the activities listed are fine ways to spend time with your tulpa, thus it's approved.

This list also seems a bit like it was community-contributed - in which case, why not just let people comment with their ideas and you can add them to the original thread - although it seems to me that in the latter format it might better work in General Discussion rather than the Guides section as it'd be a collaborative guide.

You should also take into account some of waffles' comments regarding title capitalization.

Your URLs are also broken, use

[url=url goes here]url text[/url]

tags, so the links would be correct and actually go to the right URL.

[...] This list also seems a bit like it was community-contributed - in which case, why not just let people comment with their ideas and you can add them to the original thread [...]

You should also take into account some of waffles' comments regarding title capitalization.

Your URLs are also broken [...]

The majority of the items on this list are of my own creation, though I've compiled a few great ideas from various other lists.

As I say in the post, I'm open to suggestions for things to add to the list, but so far nobody has suggested anything that's not already on there.

Ah, thanks for the tips. I've fixed the URLs and title capitalization.

:)

Well I'd probably still move the possession one (second place) further down the list for the same reason as the hypnosis thing you had as the first one previously. Seems something a bit too advanced to be so early in the list, especially as otherwise it seems like you've moved the more complicated ones down the list. Though there are some easier ones listed further down too...

Otherwise, well... I'm not sure if this is the greatest thing since sliced bread or something I would like to see more on the site, so I hope this doesn't start some kind of bandwagon where everyone makes their own list of things to do. If people do start submitting more lists, I would suggest that theirs would be merged with this one - or at least the ones that are unique. At the same time, there's nothing that's too wrong about this. Perhaps this would work better as a General Discussion game that's stickied and the actually good ideas would be edited into the first post for people to find them easily, but I don't think this is something that I can't approve.

Thus, I guess I have to approve this for tips and tricks, though you might want to think of reordering the items in your list a bit. Go through them and think which ones you or someone else when they were new would have liked to hear and try first, assuming you/they can't do any of the advanced stuff yet. Always remember to put some effort into your presentation as well, even ideas that have taken a long time to come up with can seem half-assed when it seems like you haven't thought about their presentation.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Well I'd probably still move the possession one (second place) further down the list for the same reason as the hypnosis thing you had as the first one previously. Seems something a bit too advanced to be so early in the list, especially as otherwise it seems like you've moved the more complicated ones down the list. Though there are some easier ones listed further down too...

Otherwise, well... I'm not sure if this is the greatest thing since sliced bread or something I would like to see more on the site, so I hope this doesn't start some kind of bandwagon where everyone makes their own list of things to do. If people do start submitting more lists, I would suggest that theirs would be merged with this one - or at least the ones that are unique. At the same time, there's nothing that's too wrong about this. Perhaps this would work better as a General Discussion game that's stickied and the actually good ideas would be edited into the first post for people to find them easily, but I don't think this is something that I can't approve.

Thus, I guess I have to approve this for tips and tricks, though you might want to think of reordering the items in your list a bit. Go through them and think which ones you or someone else when they were new would have liked to hear and try first, assuming you/they can't do any of the advanced stuff yet. Always remember to put some effort into your presentation as well, even ideas that have taken a long time to come up with can seem half-assed when it seems like you haven't thought about their presentation.

Again, this is not an ordered list. I purposely removed the numbers to indicate that. Furthermore, possession isn't a magically difficult thing. We had luck with it shortly into our tulpa journey. Finally, a secondary purpose of this list is to give people ideas of what is possible in tulpamancy and to give them something to strive towards. I'd rather strike a balance between listing the most interesting things and the easiest things.

I hope I don't come across as someone who doesn't put any effort into their guides. The suggestions are simple, as they should be, and I wouldn't consider this guide as the utmost example of my writing prowess.

I concur. I would like this to be an official comprehensive compendium and if it somehow starts a bunch of knockoffs, I'll be the first one to suggest merging.

I do think this guide is necessary though, because for some reason people have lost the ability to be creative and seem to have the idea that everything in tulpaforcing is refined to an exact science. Where's the experimentation, the trial and error, and the personal relationship?

That's why I made this guide, and people seem to love it so far. People love anything that lets them think less. :p

I'll make a few more minor fixes. What I'm really looking for though, is contributions of new ideas to add to the list.

Ordered or not, the order you present them is the order we read them. Having it go from basic stuff to advanced stuff and back constantly gives off a confusing vibe which could be off-putting to the ones who struggle with simple things. The very people who most need guides in the first place, I feel. Making the list have its items presented in a way that makes sense and targets the simple things first would make for an easier read that hopefully doesn't automatically turn potential readers away when they go "welp can't do that" early on and lose hope. For some, possession is easy, for others, it's very difficult. Same with everything that is related to tuppers. Another person is going to be very skilled with hypnosis and would see nothing wrong with having that being the first thing on the list, because they're so used to it being simple to them that they can't think of how someone else could be confused by it.

I'm sure that even if people would say that possession is "easy", they all would agree it's a bit more advanced and would come after you have built a good relationship with your tulpa. Which this list could help them to do, giving them more things to do together when they're lost. Which would be the more "basic" elements. I believe a more coherent order you present them in would be the best in the long run.