Why doesn't everyone make tulpa girlfriends?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesnt everyone just become a famous actor or sports star, if it is so great? Why doesnt everyone just become a millionaire?

Like everything in life it isnt that simple. On top of the dedication, work, and time required, the vast majority of the world has never heard of this.

Then even beyond that, there are a number of stigmas involved. Humans who dont pair off are seen as quite abnormal. Even someone seen as a 'ladies man' is expected to settle down at some point. As well, tulpa sex is taboo.

Perhaps it is misanthropic of me, but I believe if a culturally acceptable alternative to humans pairing off existed, then alot fewer people would bother with relationships.

This is actually "Nate" right now.

This is an interesting topic from my point of view, as my fiance and I are both making tulpas of our own, not for any sexual or romantic reasons, though.

But I believe....A person is only as close to you as you let them be. It's said in this thread that a tulpa is automatically closer to you because they know every last bit about you, but what is to stop you from continuing to share your thoughts, your memories, your subconscious feelings throughout your lives together with another person. The only thing standing between you and relationship with a person as deep as your relationship with a tulpa is yourself. Our fears and lack of trust in others may cause us to prefer a more withheld approach..Or simply to prefer to stay with a being that must love you and trust you if created 'correctly', and that can be discarded by just ignoring them. It's the safest way to have a relationship of such a deep magnitude I suppose.

I can say...from what I see of this website, what I see from the IRC, what I see from tulpa threads on 4chan is that none of the relationships between tulpa and host have exceeded what I have experienced, what I have, what I will have with my fiance. A tulpa isn't guaranteed to be the deepest relationship you could have. The trust between two beings, real or tulpa really all depends on you and what you are willing to put into a relationship.

A selfish person, maybe even a person who just can't let go of their fears, maybe they only have a chance at true love with a tulpa. But it's frustrating to see so many put down the type of relationship you can have with another because it's just so easy to spend a mere hundred or so hours focusing on part of yourself as opposed to focusing on bettering your relationship with another.

I have spent 30,660 hours working on my relationship with my lover. That's just the time we have been together outside of sleep, work, school, and being with friends. And even when apart we think of each other, call each other, text each other. She has become essentially my other half. We've been together for years and our relationship only gets stronger. There were struggles as in any relationship(much like the struggles in creating a tulpa), but all necessary as they are a part of growing together with another.

Maybe she can't be psychic with me, but we're pretty damn close.

Not to put down the relationships people can have with their tulpa, but it is often disheartening and I think frustrating for my fiance to hear people slander real relationships so often here, sometimes almost out of spite, when we ourselves are in a deep relationship and both creating tulpas that so many say are better than any real relationship could ever be. Doesn't inspire much confidence out of her to keep working on a tulpa out of the frustrations.

Regardless, I felt it necessary to explain my point of view.

A relationship is only what you are willing to make it. Tulpa, human, waifu, or anything else. That is my personal belief.

You think I want to resign myself to just having a romantic relationship with my tulpa? There are plenty of factors that are preventing me from getting a girlfriend.

For one, I'm autistic and can't seem to convey my thoughts to others well at all, which makes it difficult to have a relationship with anyone that goes past being close friends, doubly so for members of the opposite sex.

For another, I really don't have anything going for me romantically. I'm not funny, not too much smarter than your average joe, and I look unremarkable at best. My personality isn't exactly the best either, as I'm more introverted by nature.

Lastly, the flippant nature of your average college girl simply makes having a romantic relationship impossible, if not extremely difficult. If they aren't already in a relationship, they're just looking to be friends with you. Which is hard for me because I find the opposite sex even more difficult to befriend.

So you see, the problem isn't that I don't want a girlfriend, it's that there are simply too many barriers to me ever being romantically involved with anyone.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I'd be your girlfriend glitch except I'm not a girl.

Buy me a miniskirt and some high heels and we'll talk.

I don't know why you are trying to defend your point, because I wasn't saying that tulpas are less important or real than a physical girlfriend. I was saying that a person's relationships and a tulpa relationship are equal, and that one isn't really superior to another. It is all about the amount of time and trust and effort put into each relationship. Not many people put 100 hours into anything, let alone any more than that, and when they do(like videogames) they tend to get pretty good at. I understand different people have to approach this from different angles, all with their own challenges and burdons, and that is why some people will find they prefer being in a relationship with a tulpa over a person, or perhaps a person over a tulpa.

But it is merely frustrating to see so many bash the relationships other people have worked so hard to make wonderful for them. It's not fun to have people mock a relationship, regardless of who is involved.

I have spent 30,660 hours working on my relationship with my lover. That's just the time we have been together outside of sleep, work, school, and being with friends. And even when apart we think of each other, call each other, text each other. She has become essentially my other half.

What happens if she dies or leaves you though? Not only is that 30,660 hours down the drain, but you have to deal with the crushing depression that will probably make you feel near suicidal for years. I just don't see why it's worth the risk when you can make a tulpa.

Relationships with other people are unpredictable and unreliable. You could meet some great girl, have a wonderful relationship, then a car goes speeding down the road as she crosses the street and kills her instantly. That's not even considering all of the much more likely things which could end any relationship with a real human. At least with a tulpa she would only die when I die and my brain shuts down. Much more reliable and less risky.

Guest applesauce99

This some philosophical shit all up in dis thread. I personally prefer a real girlfriend because:

1 - they're a physical being that can be....felt. In places. Obviously.

2 - tulpasex is only as good as you 'will' it to be.

3 - they're not perfect, imperfections are beneficial and make them unique

4 - they have their own family, past, etc.

5 - it's normal

6 - what's normal again?

7 - you can marry them and create offspring to take over the world

9 - they're easier to get in my opinion.

10 - then again they're a million times easier to lose...

10 - then again they're a million times easier to lose...

Pretty much this.

Oh, and a side note, I think I accidantely gave my tulpa a personality of my perfect girlfriend.

On a side side note, she looks like Twilight Sparkle.

Is actually Leo.

Guest Anonymous

Helix can substitute as friend, partner and such, but she won't be able to make dinner for me. So I would die if I made a whole tulpa world.