Why doesn't everyone make tulpa girlfriends?

I don't see why you think it's so pathetic to change yourself. Listen, your personality does not define you. At least, it doesn't have to. Why should it? Why should we take pride in the personality we currently have, it's not like we put any work into getting it. Changing your personality to make yourself more fun and attractive is like losing weight and eating healthier. There's NO downside to doing it, it'll ONLY make your life more enjoyable and fun. There's absolutely no reason not to expand your personality. Notice I use the word expand, not change.

Oh, and you say there are no good personality traits? What is confidence? What is the opposite of confidence? It's shyness. What is the root of shyness? You're afraid. Afraid to say what you want, to express yourself and be yourself. You're saying this is a good trait to have, that being afraid is somehow desirable? You think people who are afraid WANT to be afraid? If they had a choice, you think they would actually choose to be scared and fearful? Think about it. It makes no sense to say there are no such thing as bad or good personality traits.

Look, you're not changing yourself just for other people's approval. You're changing yourself so that you can get more out of this life. We only live once, why be stuck living a life of isolation?

I'd say there's lots of downsides to it. Deep down we all have some base personality, you can change your traits and try to meet up to personality type that other people see as appealing, but if you're going against your base personality then you will never be completely happy. I've already played this game in the past. Went to a psychiatrist years ago, had the full round of cognitive therapy, and at some point I realized that I managed to learn how to make other people enjoy being around me and how to make friends, but deep down I still hated it just as much as ever and I constantly counted down the seconds until they would leave and I could go back to the quiet peace of being alone. I wanted to like it because I had been indoctrinated to believe being social was the only way you could live a full and happy life, but eventually I realized that you can't fight your nature and all you're really doing is lying to yourself. There's no happiness in that.

I wouldn't really say that shyness is the opposite of confidence/charisma either though. I would consider it more as just quietness. You don't need to interact with other people in order to express yourself or be yourself. There are many times where it's more enjoyable to just say nothing at all or completely avoid social interaction. It's not fear or shyness, it's just a preference, but most people think that confidence, charisma, and being extroverted is enjoyable for everyone and if you don't find it enjoyable then you must just be shy and that must be fixed so you can be social like everyone else.

As far as your last question though, I don't really consider it as being stuck in a life of isolation. I chose it because it makes me much happier than the alternative and I would imagine there are a lot of people out there like this, but we live in this extremely extroverted culture where that's just unthinkable and there must be something wrong with you if you feel this way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thing is, humans are pack animals. People go insane in solitary confinement because humans generally need other humans to survive.

I don't know you or your personality. I am open to the possibility that maybe I'm wrong and you can genuinely be happy being alone. I don't know how many people there are that genuinely enjoy being alone compared to people who are unhappy with it but choose to be alone because they think they don't have any other choice. But if you have absolutely no desire to be social at all and are truly content with the idea of just being alone in your own head your whole life, then more power to you. As long as you're not lying to yourself, then i see nothing wrong if that's what truly makes you happy. Like you say, it doesn't matter what other people think, I just have a hard time believing anyone can truly truly be happy being alone, but I know there's a lot of people in this world and some people like that are bound to exist.

Guest Anonymous

This whole thread

2Vxqz.gif

Basically most people need and crave social interaction and social acceptance. There's a minority of people like myself who go against the whole "social creature" stigma and are better off in solitude. However, despite disliking social interaction, we can still get lonely sometimes. A tulpa is a way to cut out both social interaction and occasional loneliness. Just because you feel the need to be around people doesn't mean everyone else has the same desire. Live and let live and all that bullshit.

taichiz.jpg

This is me giving a fuck.

On a serious note though, i wouldn't say not being social necessarily implies shyness, i mean it just might be that you're genuinely fucked up enough to be better off alone, or maybe you're simply the type to be happy with just a few friends or something (and would find anything more than that a nuisance at best). Not every social outcast/hermit/whatever is the /r9k/ level "that feel when no gf" type i think. Hell, i'd say even being "fucked up" is an entirely subjective thing, maybe it's more like being born in the wrong era or something. Not wanting a girlfriend is not a serious illness of any kind (it probably just means you're not fit to pass your genes on at the current state of affairs anyway), and i personally don't think tulpae should be made as "girlfriends" cause afaik they're just an entirely different type of being. So girlfriends to casualfriends and tulpae to the master race, yeah (not 100% serious here).

If everybody makes a tulpa girlfriend, our evolution has failed us.

Consider the people on welfare with 15 kids versus the people making 100 grand a year with one or no kids. Consider the number of kids high school dropouts typically have compared to people with masters degrees.

Consider modern medicine and the sorts of people who are capable of passing on ridiculous genes, compared to what would have happened to them for most of history.

Evolution has already failed us.

I swear Im not a eugenicist, just noting the trends

Consider the people on welfare with 15 kids versus the people making 100 grand a year with one or no kids. Consider the number of kids high school dropouts typically have compared to people with masters degrees.

Consider modern medicine and the sorts of people who are capable of passing on ridiculous genes, compared to what would have happened to them for most of history.

idiocracy.jpg

tvro6.jpg

rs0mC.gif

You talk like a fag, and you're shit's all retarded.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous