Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

The tulpa community may grow, or it may not. Whether we want it to or not. On one hand, if a community is too small, it shrinks into nothingness. And on the other hand if too many join, there's a strong possibility that shit-posting will run rampant with pre-conceived notions about tulpas and fale-information. There's also a large possibility, that if the community grows large enough, we may gain a lot of insightful, intelligent people to help us. Whatever the case may be, as a community, we will have to adjust accordingly to these factors if we want to stay afloat.

Personally, I wish to support this community in whichever state it's in. Though, If I had to choose one, I'd prefer to take the good with the bad and have a larger community.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... Wouldn't the community be better if it stays at a similar size to what it is now? if it got mainstream, there would be more trolls, and things that people want to keep in the community would go public. There are some really personal (not trackable, but all the same) subjects that should only really viewed by people who are genuinely interested in tulpae or already have one (the community). Can you imagine if this got onto somewhere like facebook? There would be all kinds of made up stories, and the ones who are looking for help would have to sift through the lies to get to the truths.

True, there should be more research and data, and perhaps a seed (like in films etc) planted to make people more receptacle to the idea of tulpae. However, I don't believe that the media or Internet (other than here) advertising the existence of tulpae would be a wise move.

Sorry if I have ranted, but it is 2am in the morning for us. :/ this is just our opinion.

thanks

Part of the road to becoming a better person lies in defeating the darkness inside yourself, then helping others to do the same.

There is nothing to compare to watching a sunrise with those who you love the most.

"Step by step, moment by moment"

Guest amber5885

As cool as it would be to have this as a widely accepted practice I'm afraid that if it went mainstream it would become a hobby or a fad and people would create these things without really taking the time to understand what they are doing. That and I could see it becoming an excuse for people to blame bad behaviors on their tulpas.

"I didn't do it, my tulpa was possessing me!" which we all know is total bs but the last thing we would want is bad press on something we all love so much

As cool as it would be to have this as a widely accepted practice I'm afraid that if it went mainstream it would become a hobby or a fad and people would create these things without really taking the time to understand what they are doing. That and I could see it becoming an excuse for people to blame bad behaviors on their tulpas.

"I didn't do it, my tulpa was possessing me!" which we all know is total bs but the last thing we would want is bad press on something we all love so much

I think bad press is more likely to hurt us now, as a small community. All it takes is one lunatic (and let's face it, we have a few) to give the whole community a bad name. If we were more mainstream, it wouldn't hurt us as much. Take drinking for example -- drunks kill people all the time, and they get less backlash for it than gamers do.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson