Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

Looking at this from a realistic point of view, if the tulpa phenomenon become common knowledge things would not be good for us. The word tulpa will most likely have a negative connotation, and be regarded as some crazy ass taboo. People with tulpas will be looked at like some kind of insane new-age cultists, or delusional socially-inept outcasts.

But that's a worst case scenario, and would only happen if this site hit the media in it's present state.

>pony avatars fucking everywhere

>loldark avatars fucking everywhere

>every other avatar is anime-related

>"I had babies with my tulpa"

>Battle army tulpae in service of CIA since 1977 !

>tulpa sex poll #56

Pretty much this.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I forgot to mention.

Once this is mainstream, this site won't really have much appeal. There will be sites with tons of marketing to them and this will only be the hipster one, the one that made tulpae before they were mainstream. And we're probably going to be close-minded to everything people claim about tulpae that didn't came from respectable sources, like "tulpae can make you lose weight", shit that will probably happen when it's mainstream, so in general we will be hated and considered circlejerks by everyone.

Yeah, pretty much.

e.g. >>It's time to get serious

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

Oh, and I forgot to mention.

Once this is mainstream, this site won't really have much appeal. There will be sites with tons of marketing to them and this will only be the hipster one, the one that made tulpae before they were mainstream. And we're probably going to be close-minded to everything people claim about tulpae that didn't came from respectable sources, like "tulpae can make you lose weight", shit that will probably happen when it's mainstream, so in general we will be hated and considered circlejerks by everyone.

You're talking as if this could ever become so mainstream that it would become commonplace among the general population. Best case scenario, at the peak of this phenomenon's popularity, it'll be about as popular as lucid dreaming is right now. Known by most people who use the internet for anything other than facebook and email, with about half of them having at least tried it. But because it requires much more work and dedication to create, I'd say the most realistic assumption would be that it becomes well known on large internet communies (e.g; Reddit and 4chan as of now) with about a quarter to half of people attempting. Normal people are certainly not ready for such a radical idea, and I'd highly doubt any of them would bother differentiating it from typical New Age bullshit. I could only ever see this becoming truly mainstream in a minimum of 100 years.

Looking at this from a realistic point of view, if the tulpa phenomenon become common knowledge things would not be good for us. The word tulpa will most likely have a negative connotation, and be regarded as some crazy ass taboo. People with tulpas will be looked at like some kind of insane new-age cultists, or delusional socially-inept outcasts.

But that's a worst case scenario, and would only happen if this site hit the media in it's present state.

Pretty much this.

I agree. And I have offered Pleeb assistance with making the site not suck.

I hope we can have a somewhat presentable site in the near future.

Name: Twi (she wants a new name, we are thinking of one)

Form: Twilight Sparkle

On: Talking/communication

Need web or game hosting? Feel free to message me. Prices are flexible, custom assistance from me.

You're talking as if this could ever become so mainstream that it would become commonplace among the general population. Best case scenario, at the peak of this phenomenon's popularity, it'll be about as popular as lucid dreaming is right now. Known by most people who use the internet for anything other than facebook and email, with about half of them having at least tried it. But because it requires much more work and dedication to create, I'd say the most realistic assumption would be that it becomes well known on large internet communies (e.g; Reddit and 4chan as of now) with about a quarter to half of people attempting. Normal people are certainly not ready for such a radical idea, and I'd highly doubt any of them would bother differentiating it from typical New Age bullshit. I could only ever see this becoming truly mainstream in a minimum of 100 years.

I know, but I don't think it will take a century. There will be lot's of scientific evidence of tulpae in a few decades, and that enough will make everyone interested about it. If they will have a tulpa, I don't know, but that people will know what it is and that it isn't schizophrenia or something similar is a strong possibility. Of course, if religion stays as strong as it is right now, it would be considered devil worshipping or something like that, but hell if I care.

Muslims will take everything by them anyway.

The first thing this site will really need is to have official members. Like, people that don't care about them being anonymous or not, and that can keep a consistent set of articles every day, so this site isn't so dependant of the forums. Like, a few people that will write things about tulpas, their tulpas, and look respectable about it. If anyone goes to the site right now, they would point that the only thing that is updated frequently is the forum, and since it isn't quite focused and subject changes a lot from thread to thread, someone that will come here will find a lot of threads about tulpae talking about personal things and stuff like "Where do your tulpa sleep". We should have the main page not with only something like "What is a tulpa" and "What is this site about", but just a few newcomers links in the top entitled "What is a tulpa" "How to make a tulpa" "Glossary" and just that. Then, right at them bottom, a set of articles in the form of a blog, where many people write news about tulpae, things happening in the forum, things that they did with their tulpae, their progress and stuff like that. Just enough to have at least 2 posts a day, with stuff that is actually interesting to anyone that comes here, and that looks natural.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

What I think that will happen?

People that discover this will try to hide the knowledge because of the groundbreaking improvements a person can achieve in itself.

Simply put, a scientist will discover this, prove it, and then wonder if people should know about it. After SEVERAL years, it would become something recurrent in yoga and in occultist communities, but it would be hidden knowledge.

What "groundbreaking improvements" are these? I don't think the concept of tulpas is that new or revolutionary: DID/MPD are pretty well known, and "tulpas" obviously come from Tibetan practices. Almost anything a host can do with their tulpa, a tulpa-less person can do with a similar amount of time.

I think LucidAcid may be right; this is comparable to lucid dreaming in a lot of ways, and it'd be nice to reach that level of acceptance/recognition. The ideal long-term outcome for me would be to see tulpas covered in high-school psych classes as a neat thing brains can do.

What "groundbreaking improvements" are these?

Better memory retention. With parallel processing, you get better in any activity that requires cognitive thought. You can learn things faster since there are two views of the same thing. You can argue better since you have two opinions in your head. You can understand yourself better by having someone that understands you more than anyone else, including yourself.

Not to mention the focus, visualization skills, and mind manipulating skills that one achieves with a tulpa.

Being able to impose means having control of your visual sense. Being able to hear thoughts as audible as a human voice means having control of your auditory sense. Not to mention things like memory modification or personality changing.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Personally I think this can only go so far. People will always put tulpamancers in the same category as they do furries or bronies, if that kind of popularity is what you meant by mainstream then I guess that's possible.

But personally I'd rather tulpas remained unknown by the general public instead of being the next thing to laugh at to boost your own ego. I'd rather be able to explain tulpas to my friends without them instantly waving it off as something only nerds with no lives do, instead of something incredibly interesting and new they are eager to partake in. I'm sure alot of people disagree with me though.