Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

In the case After this forum manage to get enough attention so the tulpa phenomenon could be scientifically proven and worldwide accepted, I don't think this would ever become "mainstream", since its own true nature is just too much for the mainstream to handle (lel hipster).

Even if the groundbreaking improvements are portrayed over the "bunch of autistic neckbeards fucking imaginary rainbow ponies" image this might get, the media coverage and the dumb masses would still corrupt it so much that it'll end up being, or another fad in the history of metaphysical crap or something completely distorted in order to make it easy for the general public to try.

Things that go mainstream are:

1) Highly socially accepted.

2) Simple and understandable.

3) Easy to attempt and quick to get positive results.

Tulpae are neither of these, so no, I don't picture this becoming mainstream, much less that being something good. Let's just keep this nice and clean, so if it happen to hit the news or something, we may be looked like respectable people (in such case you give a damn about that).

Nothing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^

Those.

It wont become "mainstream" if it takes effort to do.

The 2edgy4u teens would "try" make tulpa with no fucking idea what they were doing.

If all the possibilities of tulpa (possession, switching) went mainstream then depressed people might "try" to create tulpas and "try" to force them to live their lives. That would prob just mess up their minds more.

I say "try" because most people doing it for attention wont even be bothered to pull up a site on the subject, much less a guide.

He/She was just agreeing with me that we shouldn't be afraid to unveil tuppers to the world in fear of how the world will perceive it. There will always be people who won't understand and those who misunderstand. We just need to do this right, not just do it as fast as possible or as slow as possible.

Get papers written, clean up this place, buff our shoes and straighten our ties. Have something people can actually look at and believe in.

I think I'm right in saying no one here thinks we can show off this concept. I hope no one here wants to. In that case we can only show the concept to the world the way we want to- where it's not misunderstood by them, or us.

De bedste og smukkeste ting i verden kan hverken ses eller røres, de må opleves med hjertet.

So Advance, what exactly do you mean by keep this site nice and clean? Do you mean certain people here should not post their opinions if incase any highly respected members of the media or scientific communities happen to show up here? LOL..And, to be honest, I personally couldn't give a rats ass about what those kind of people would say about me..LOL..Now, if someone who wanted to write a fantasy or horror novel ( or screen play) and they were here doing research, then maybe I would care..I am not going to bow down and worship someone just because they are a scientist, because honestly science isn't perfect, and the news media can kiss my ass. And, if anyone here thinks the major news channels would portray tulpas in a positive light and the people here as respectable, you are fucking dreaming. Those people make their living off exploitation and sensationalism.They have for decades.They would come here, and portray the people here as doing something dangerous, and scary to "normal" people, even if everyone here was respectable. Because they can better sell a story about how tulpas can be harmful to people in their teens and 20's than how they can be beneficial..

Just because something is talked about in the mainstream media or society does not mean it is fully understood by everyone. Or highly socially accepted by everyone..There are many examples of things that most people have heard of, but maybe do not fully understand or accept.

So Advance, what exactly do you mean by keep this site nice and clean? Do you mean certain people here should not post their opinions if incase any highly respected members of the media or scientific communities happen to show up here? LOL

You can have any opinion, really, any, but if you want to make others know about it, you have to do logical considerations to make sure other people get it the way you liked to. What I meant with "nice and clean" was to keep everything with a minimum of professionalism, discussing different points of view politely; not with 9-years-old-alike rants and incoherent verbal diarrhea of what "your opinion" is. You know, nice and clean, not "worldwide acceptable and perfectly adjustable for society to agree".

So far as I have seen, this forum had done it right, and it promises to get much better, because of its condensed, generally kind and eager to progress community, so I was just calling to stay just like that. Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough.

...And, to be honest, I personally couldn't give a rats ass about what those kind of people would say about me..LOL

Well some people here actually wish to not be looked down because of what a misunderstood first opinion might lead to.

..Now, if someone who wanted to write a fantasy or horror novel ( or screen play) and they were here doing research, then maybe I would care..

Why does that make a difference?

I am not going to bow down and worship someone just because they are a scientist, because honestly science isn't perfect, and the news media can kiss my ass.

Not my point. Sensationalist media can kiss both of our asses.

And, if anyone here thinks the major news channels would portray tulpas in a positive light and the people here as respectable, you are fucking dreaming. Those people make their living off exploitation and sensationalism.They have for decades.They would come here, and portray the people here as doing something dangerous, and scary to "normal" people,

Yeah probably. A man can dream, though.

even if everyone here was respectable.

At least it won't be our fault.

Because they can better sell a story about how tulpas can be harmful to people in their teens and 20's than how they can be beneficial..

They can corrupt everything in order to get cash, of course, but even those with real intentions to promote the benefices or doing research out of honest curiosity could bounce off of here if the site does look like a playground for delusional people.

Just because something is talked about in the mainstream media or society does not mean it is fully understood by everyone. Or highly socially accepted by everyone..There are many examples of things that most people have heard of, but maybe do not fully understand or accept.

Well that is the problem, people just talk and shit over things they don't even slightly understand, instead of doing a little of research before throwing their "opinions" at everybody's faces.

Nothing.

You guys are talking like we could stop this from going to the mainstream, or we could stop it from being proven untill we think it is time.

Seriously, this is science, we either do it or someone else will, and I'll surely be glad if it's us that begin the process of proving it rather than someone else that could make of this anything it wants.

You are talking like we can keep this site underground forever, even though it's getting more and more popular as time passes. You are talking like we SHOULD get this site underground, and not welcome everyone who wants to try it.

The tulpa concept is already out in the internet, and as long as there is a lot of tulpamancers around, some will make whatever they want with the tulpa concept, which might mean proving it or selling it. Even if this site was blocked today, another one would come up in a week. The tulpa phenomenom can't be stopped or controlled, and it shouldn't. Let's just do the job better than everyone else and let the competition try and cry, may the best win, that's what capitalism is and that's the only way we can actually achieve something with this site. Just put a "Since 2012" near the title and we will already have more trust than any other site when this thing is mainstream.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

Well that is the problem, people just talk and shit over things they don't even slightly understand, instead of doing a little of research before throwing their "opinions" at everybody's faces.

This is true for almost all aspects of today's media. If people did do their research on different ideas and gave them each due process before stating their opinions, the tulpa community would definitely have a better chance at being taken seriously. But all we can do for now is get the information out there and do it as professionally as possible; so that all our seemingly crazy/delusional antics can be given a fair chance at being a legitimate scientific phenomenon.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

You guys are talking like we could stop this from going to the mainstream, or we could stop it from being proven untill we think it is time.

Seriously, this is science, we either do it or someone else will, and I'll surely be glad if it's us that begin the process of proving it rather than someone else that could make of this anything it wants.

You are talking like we can keep this site underground forever, even though it's getting more and more popular as time passes. You are talking like we SHOULD get this site underground, and not welcome everyone who wants to try it.

The tulpa concept is already out in the internet, and as long as there is a lot of tulpamancers around, some will make whatever they want with the tulpa concept, which might mean proving it or selling it. Even if this site was blocked today, another one would come up in a week. The tulpa phenomenom can't be stopped or controlled, and it shouldn't. Let's just do the job better than everyone else and let the competition try and cry, may the best win, that's what capitalism is and that's the only way we can actually achieve something with this site. Just put a "Since 2012" near the title and we will already have more trust than any other site when this thing is mainstream.

Well to be honest I'd trust psychologists and scientific professionals over a bunch of confirmation biased forum-goers. And to be honest, we don't need to be the first to popularize the subject when TV shows predating 2000 already touched on the subject, and yet the "phenomenon" hasn't seemed to pick up in the matter of a decade.

Maybe what you said was in reply to something someone else said, if so, I didn't know.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/26-items-from-worst-gift-catalog-possible/

The word "Tulpa" was used in this Cracked article. It's referred to as a 'dream person' though, so I don't know how much knowledge the author has about the subject. It's a pretty insignificant reference and inconsequential to the rest of the article, but it's the first time I've seen the word in mainstream media!