Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

Tulpas being mainstream means that we would have a huge flood of people claiming we're roleplayers and/or schizos, a huge flood of people who actually ARE role-players, and a huge flood of just plain idiots. Also the Westboro Baptist Chirch would probably attempt to get us shut down somehow, and the majority of die-hard religious folks would likely call us all sinners and heathens and such.

I don't think I'd like tulpas to be a mainstream thing. I see too much hate and stupid people in that future.

Ban me if I ever mention Telecasters again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cracked.com/blog/26-items-from-worst-gift-catalog-possible/

The word "Tulpa" was used in this Cracked article. It's referred to as a 'dream person' though, so I don't know how much knowledge the author has about the subject. It's a pretty insignificant reference and inconsequential to the rest of the article, but it's the first time I've seen the word in mainstream media!

Ha, I asked Iris if she'd want that for a gift.

The answer was obvious, "no."

Eugh, that painting is horrid, I doubt anyone would ever want that...

Tulpas being mainstream means that we would have a huge flood of people claiming we're roleplayers and/or schizos, a huge flood of people who actually ARE role-players, and a huge flood of just plain idiots. Also the Westboro Baptist Chirch would probably attempt to get us shut down somehow, and the majority of die-hard religious folks would likely call us all sinners and heathens and such.

I don't think I'd like tulpas to be a mainstream thing. I see too much hate and stupid people in that future.

We all already know what the American demographic is like, Mr Telecaster.

The consequences of tulpa(.info) going mainstream right now would be:

A. We get laughed at

B. We are disregarded after the first celebrity gossip

C. We are glued with the association: 'Serious mental issues'

D. All of the above

Name: Dante

Form: Toa Mata Nui, a Bionicle(Amadeus made a sketch of him, kudos!)

Stage: Narration, posession

Being original since July 2012.

A. We get laughed at

D. All of the above

This is true.

But isn't it also true that there are and were people out there who saw the word and thought "Hey, let's check that out"?

frt

I think that Lucid Dreaming would become mainstream long before tulpa creation. It's on it's way right now with commercially available products and

, but is still a ways out from being a commonly known/accepted concept. I think it's much easier for people to understand controlling dreams than sharing your mind with multiple entities.

In a non-schizophrenic way.

A. We get laughed at

I still wouldn't let anyone other than my best friends know I was one of "them".

And go back to how we were before media exposure.

Yeah, that's probably how a lot of people would choose to interpret us.

I'd be more concerned with:

1. Forums filled with trolls and jerks

2. Raids and DDoS attacks on tulpa websites

3. Commercial exploitation (Order your Tulpa Creation Kit today for three easy payments of $19.99!)

From what I know from the few people I met on a site for SoulBonders, they had already dealt with troll attacks and raids..So much that they are wary of new people. I told them, fuck the trolls, and that they shouldn't let them stop them from saying what they want to say..I have dealt with trolls before..On a certain horror movie related board I used to post at..Any message board can attract trolls, not just ones for people who create tulpas, or people who are into things most of society does not understand. Trolls will infest any board..And, the best way to keep their bullshit to a minimum is for the mods to discourage the behaviour as much as possible. Ban the trolls, erase their posts, and so on.And, for people at the board to not respond to the things they write. If the mods and the members of the boards do that, there is less to worry about.

I'm wondering how we say that the world in general won't accept us and will do all those bad things to our forums, etc, when there are over 2000 people here who saw the concept and chose to believe. So I'm wondering how many of those people will actually believe in us. I'm thinking the numbers will be greater than we think, possibly even greater than that if we expanded a bit.

I don't think we should be afraid to show (at least some) of the world what we are. I think we will have a warmer reception then we give ourselves credit for. Of course there will be trolls, but they aren't exactly going to stop us all entirely, are they?

frt